Kamaru Usman needs to improve his striking if hes gonna do well.

Agreed, it’s hilarious that some people still think he would outstrike Colby after seeing Usman-Maia and Colby-RDA

Yeah and hes too conceited to do anything about it. Kevin lee improved his striking with Mayweather and then learnt Muay Thai in Thailand to improve his stiking. And it shows especially in the Barboza fight.

Yeah, it’s not good. His athleticism and obviously his wrestling are what makes him so dangerous.

He could fix it. It’s doable, he trains at a gym that really specializes is their standup ability, and he has shown some power, he’s moves well. He’s better defensively than a guy like Covington, this gets ignored because CC put a more savage beat down on Maia. Colby was getting outboxed by Maia for longer than he and his alt accounts like to acknowledge.

Anyway Usman has pretty bad striking and I agree.

Agreed, it’s hilarious that some people still think he would outstrike Colby after seeing Usman-Maia and Colby-RDA

He’s got brute strength and power.

He wouldn’t “outstrike” Colby.
He’d be looking to land a bomb.
But he would outwrestle him.

He’s got brute strength and power.

He wouldn’t “outstrike” Colby.
He’d be looking to land a bomb.
But he would outwrestle him.
No he wouldn’t. Maia nearly took Usman’s back in round 1. If he can do that there’s no doubt Colby would win the wrestling exchanges.

At worst the wrestling cancels out and we get an ugly K1 match that Colby wins via higher output

Usman may suffer from that CRPS thing which isn't good if you make a living inside a cage.

His striking can use some improving but I dont think he'll find any problems until he gets to Woodley or maybe Wonderboy. The threat of his wrestling keeps anybody from really opening up.

Yeah his striking need to improve. Against Colby striking is even 50/50. Colby's defense is shit he gets hit a lot he never been hit by anyone with Usman's power. Usman 30% low output might lose him the match.

No he wouldn’t. Maia nearly took Usman’s back in round 1. If he can do that there’s no doubt Colby would win the wrestling exchanges.

At worst the wrestling cancels out and we get an ugly K1 match that Colby wins via higher output
Colby has exellent body kicks to go with his relentless pressure. It blends well and makes up for his non technically sound boxing. Aesthetically not prerry, but as far as working with his skillset its very good

Yeah, it’s not good. His athleticism and obviously his wrestling are what makes him so dangerous.

He could fix it. It’s doable, he trains at a gym that really specializes is their standup ability, and he has shown some power, he’s moves well. He’s better defensively than a guy like Covington, this gets ignored because CC put a more savage beat down on Maia. Colby was getting outboxed by Maia for longer than he and his alt accounts like to acknowledge.

Colby was pressing the action though, showing his hand first. I'm sure Colby would have been hit alot less had he tried to pick Maia apart slowly and methodically. As methodically as Colby is capable atleast.

It's just the risk you run when being the aggressor. Just thought it should be factored in the whole Usman/Colby vs Maia discussion.

Colby was pressing the action though, showing his hand first. I'm sure Colby would have been hit alot less had he tried to pick Maia apart slowly and methodically. As methodically as Colby is capable atleast.

It's just the risk you run when being the aggressor. Just thought it should be factored in the whole Usman/Colby vs Maia discussion.

Back