Karate blackbelts in MMA

yeah he does. You know how in muay thai instead of throwing the lead roundhouse straight from their stance they switch stances really quick and then throw it as if it is their rear leg?

yeah i hear ya but two completely different styles of kicks my man. just that vast majority of mma fighters train/trained in a more muay thai style than kyokushin/karate or dutch kickboxing imo

yeah i hear ya but two completely different styles of kicks my man. just that vast majority of mma fighters train/trained in a more muay thai style than kyokushin/karate or dutch kickboxing imo
true, but GSP is a kyokushin blackbelt.

true, but GSP is a kyokushin blackbelt.

haha yeah, i practice it myself man, hence couldn't help adding my 2cents! apologies for the confusion, I was implying my previous message more or less in regard to your message before the one I quoted.

"I rarely see karate/tkd front leg roundhouses without the switch in mma."

haha yeah, i practice it myself man, hence couldn't help adding my 2cents! apologies for the confusion, I was implying my previous message more or less in regard to your message before the one I quoted.

"I rarely see karate/tkd front leg roundhouses without the switch in mma."
thats awesome,man. Personally I'm too much of a pussy to do KK. I would love to be able to do those awesome close range headkicks they pull off.

thats awesome,man. Personally I'm too much of a pussy to do KK. I would love to be able to do those awesome close range headkicks they pull off.
I had de-pussyfied myself by going to KK class twice. ;) It was pretty cool actually, didn't get KOd by a headkick nor had my liver broken. :D Srsly, they were very cool and inviting, though the training got brutal at times.

I had de-pussyfied myself by going to KK class twice. ;) It was pretty cool actually, didn't get KOd by a headkick nor had my liver broken. :D Srsly, they were very cool and inviting, though the training got brutal at times.
lol its not the fighting that I'm a sissy about. Its all the crazy conditioning they do. I don't want to do 200 knuckle pushups and jump squat till I puke.

lol its not the fighting that I'm a sissy about. Its all the crazy conditioning they do. I don't want to do 200 knuckle pushups and jump squat till I puke.
Ohhh... well, I actually enjoyed that. :D

But then again I am the crazy fitness maniac who is currently pushing for pull-up bars to be installed in my corporate office. :D

I was more worried about the body conditioning - all the stomach beating especially. :p This kinda shit:

Dude's getting the living crap beaten outta him! And he's only an orange belt FFS! :eek:

NEW FIGHTER ADDED !!!

NAME: Alex Chambers
STYLE: unknown
RECORD: 5-4
WIKI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Chambers

Chambers started learning karate when she was a child. By the time she was in university, she held a 3rd dan in karate and was competing on an international stage. She's also a trained astrophysicist from Sydney who's become the first female fighter from Australia to be signed by the UFC.

Watch the recent TKO win of Karate blackbelt Paul Felder (15-3).
Note the "kiai" on every elbow.

Matt Mitrione andvances further in Bellator's HW tournament! Why do I mention this? Well, you probably don't know but Matt is a Shotokan Karate blackbelt.

Yeah, I was surprised as well. :p

Ohhh... well, I actually enjoyed that. :D

But then again I am the crazy fitness maniac who is currently pushing for pull-up bars to be installed in my corporate office. :D

I was more worried about the body conditioning - all the stomach beating especially. :p This kinda shit:

Dude's getting the living crap beaten outta him! And he's only an orange belt FFS! :eek:

Kyokushin needs to be renamed as bang harder

Old man Mas would embrace that new rebranding

Kyokushin needs to be renamed as bang harder

Old man Mas would embrace that new rebranding
Just-Bang-Bro-Jutsu - the JBBJ to counter BJJ.

Why do you fixate so much on Karate? Aren't you a judoka?
I've trained Judo in the past and enjoyed it very much but wouldn't go as far as to call myself a Judoka. Shotokan Karate was my first martial art and is still my base but over time I've become fascinated by all Karate styles, its history and philosophy.

The idea to create a list of Karateka in MMA came to me in 2012 and I've been working on it ever since.

I've trained Judo in the past and enjoyed it very much but wouldn't go as far as to call myself a Judoka. Shotokan Karate was my first martial art and is still my base but over time I've become fascinated by all Karate styles, its history and philosophy.

The idea to create a list of Karateka in MMA came to me in 2012 and I've been working on it ever since.
Is Katsunori Kikuno on the list? He started in judo and was pretty good and then got into Kyokushin. Hes a ton of fun to watch. That full nelson/neck crank think he almost decapitated Eddie Alvarez with was pretty brutal. Too bad he was released from the UFC.

Oops.
I didn't realize the entire list is on page 1.

Check out Josh Barnett's protégé Shohei Yamamoto. Hes active in MMA and training at CSW. I believe he won some kind of kyokushin world championships not long ago. Very intriguing prospect.

Back