Karate is becoming the Alpha base for UFC greatness. (Proof in Video Blog and Notes)

Negative. Isn’t that GSPs style. I have little knowledge of Karate styles other then tkd and the American Shotokan/Kempo type stuff.

What is important about those styles?

I guess, they may have been more popular in Europe/USSR/parts of Asia than US, that may be the reason? These have always been hardcore, full-contact, hard sparring styles. Pretty much any full contact karate style (the ones I mentioned are just more popular) is serious (sorry for "the obvious", but: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_contact_karate ).

Here are some Kyokushin highlights:

The so-called "Dutch Kickboxing" pretty much combined the hand techniques form Western Boxing with the kicks from Kyokusin, before being exposed to and borrowing from Muay Thai. While you're at it, you may want to take a look at (Chinese) Sanda as well.

Last edited:
Wrestling is king right now, saying anything else is delusional

It has almost completed a full circle. From creating the worst (most delusional) fighters in the world to quickly becoming the best combat sport to prepare you for UFC

No Karate has come full circle. They have taken out the BS and it is now a legitimate path to becoming a UFC fighter.

BJJ is the new karate and is creating the most delusional fighters with their butt scooting, lack of stand up, Mc dojos, pajamas and lack of strikes.

BJJ tournaments remind me of the watered down point sparring karate used to do where you pay tons of money to win a big trophy.

Now (with only 1 or 2 opponents and a ridiculous fee) you butt scoot in, play footsies and paddy cake. Someone wins with little risk and you get a big trophy.

And Kung Fu were suppressed by the communist? LOL

Please stop keeping these myths and fantasy alive. There are no secret deadly techniques.

Many styles of Karate and Kung Fu are good but not good enough, because they don't evolve for the most part. As traditional martial arts, evolution was prohibited and discouraged. This is why these traditional martial arts got left behind by boxing and Muay Thai / kickboxing.
this is a fallacy.

And Kung Fu were suppressed by the communist? LOL

Please stop keeping these myths and fantasy alive. There are no secret deadly techniques.

Many styles of Karate and Kung Fu are good but not good enough, because they don't evolve for the most part. As traditional martial arts, evolution was prohibited and discouraged. This is why these traditional martial arts got left behind by boxing and Muay Thai / kickboxing.

Come back to the thread, we need more bullshit.

The bottom line is what ever your base style is when you go in to MMA if you one of the best at what you do it will show. But if your only ok in your base then it doesnt really matter. Any top level striker from any style will look pretty good. The question is can they keep evolving for MMA.

Weird most of the current champs have a high level wrestling base, not karate. Wrestlers control where the fight takes place, hence wrestle boxers having h7ge success in MMA. The threat of the takedown makes their boxing better then it seems, if they start getting out striked then the wrestling takes the striking pressure of them.

Weird most of the current champs have a high level wrestling base, not karate. Wrestlers control where the fight takes place, hence wrestle boxers having h7ge success in MMA. The threat of the takedown makes their boxing better then it seems, if they start getting out striked then the wrestling takes the striking pressure of them.

Wrestling wins for now. But if karate keeps evolving and adding a solid ground game into their sport. Signing up to a karate gym and participating in their point mma style tournaments will give you the closest thing to mma until you are old enough or good enough to start competing in the amateur circuit.

The bottom line is what ever your base style is when you go in to MMA if you one of the best at what you do it will show. But if your only ok in your base then it doesnt really matter. Any top level striker from any style will look pretty good. The question is can they keep evolving for MMA.

Great point. I do see a trend though and I do believe karate will be producing better fighters.

Also, BJJ has been creating less and less quality MMA fighters to the point where karate has surpassed BBJ as the more effective base.

Thread is garbage because u didnt mentioned the goat karate fighter in mma.the guy who made karate popular. The father of karate in the ufc. I dont even have to mention his name. Everyone knows him

Last edited:
Thread is garbage because u didnt mentioned the goat karate fighter in mma.the guy who made karate popular. The father of karate in the ufc. I dont even have to mention his name. Everyone knows him

Who? Could be a few guys. You need too mention the name.

My top three would be:

1. GSP
2. Machida
3. Petis

You’d be surprised how many people don’t know who your so called father of karate is. Can someone else post their top three please if it is different from mine.

No Karate has come full circle. They have taken out the BS and it is now a legitimate path to becoming a UFC fighter.

BJJ is the new karate and is creating the most delusional fighters with their butt scooting, lack of stand up, Mc dojos, pajamas and lack of strikes.

BJJ tournaments remind me of the watered down point sparring karate used to do where you pay tons of money to win a big trophy.

Now (with only 1 or 2 opponents and a ridiculous fee) you butt scoot in, play footsies and paddy cake. Someone wins with little risk and you get a big trophy.

I agree with a lot of your points about Karate but I completely disagree with your opinion of BJJ. You sound like you have never trained it let alone competed in a grappling tournament.

Every MMA fighter trains BJJ and at least must know the basics to survive. If you don't, you will be quickly finished. That alone shows how important BJJ still is. Many big fights have recently ended by submissions or in grappling situations as well.

I agree.

W0Ts3bJ.gif

2aLwVw2.gif

Thread almost saved.

Who? Could be a few guys. You need too mention the name.

My top three would be:

1. GSP
2. Machida
3. Petis

You’d be surprised how many people don’t know who your so called father of karate is. Can someone else post their top three please if it is different from mine.
U sound like a noob

I guess, they may have been more popular in Europe/USSR/parts of Asia than US, that may be the reason? These have always been hardcore, full-contact, hard sparring styles. Pretty much any full contact karate style (the ones I mentioned are just more popular) is serious (sorry for "the obvious", but: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_contact_karate ).

Here are some Kyokushin highlights:

The so-called "Dutch Kickboxing" pretty much combined the hand techniques form Western Boxing with the kicks from Kyokusin, before being exposed to and borrowing from Muay Thai. While you're at it, you may want to take a look at (Chinese) Sanda as well.

Kyokusin legend

Back