Kathleen Hartnett White: most embarrassing Trump nominee yet.

I think you're wrong. A good manager is not there to do the work of the people they hire.

They are there to maķe sure their employees do their job, and to get more jobs to keep everyone employed.
If a manager doesn't know about the welding process , he isn't going to know his shop's capabilities and limitations. This seriously limits his ability to manage the shop, to get the work out in time and to customer spec.

Now I don't know how this plays out in a large firm, like Ford or Lockheed.

Does your company regulate business activity or is this irrelevant to what you responded to? :D

We have to regulate business activity through CFIUS.

There are people for that. I don't need to know what they actually do.

We have to regulate business activity through CFIUS.

There are people for that. I don't need to know what they actually do.

Regulate other businesses that make up an industry. Does your management team make rules for the industry or just your own business? I'm saying if you're making rules for an industry, like federal departments do, then you should know about the industry. Not just accounting or finance.

Are they?
I don't think they do.
Trump is acting exactly as expected, he's not behaving in any way differently as POTUS.

My parents both voted for Trump and have been pretty vocal about their buyers remorse.

Regulate other businesses that make up an industry. Does your management team make rules for the industry or just your own business? I'm saying if you're making rules for an industry, like federal departments do, then you should know about the industry. Not just accounting or finance.

And I'm saying you have a job. When you first get a job, do you know everything about said job?

Do you learn as you go, or you just the shit when you get there?

Does this one person make all those rules?

Do people really not get it? The administration wants to show why they should cut government positions and agencies by putting idiots in charge of them. The worse the agency runs, the more claim they have to "not needing it".

And I'm saying you have a job. When you first get a job, do you know everything about said job?

Do you learn as you go, or you just the shit when you get there?

Does this one person make all those rules?

I agreed with you that management in big business doesn't need to know the ins and outs of everyone's particular job. No need to reiterate further.

I'm sensing a 'but' lol.

The "but" is what I already said. A guy in a single business within an industry can be an effective leader with a general background in business/finance. A guy who is going to make rules that govern an industry should know the particulars of that industry. For example, someone with no education experience shouldn't be running the department of education. If you've no experience with firearms you shouldn't be making rules at the ATF. You're welcome to disagree. I think my mind is made up on this though.

The "but" is what I already said. A guy in a single business within an industry can be an effective leader with a general background in business/finance. A guy who is going to make rules that govern an industry should know the particulars of that industry. For example, someone with no education experience shouldn't be running the department of education. If you've no experience with firearms you shouldn't be making rules at the ATF. You're welcome to disagree. I think my mind is made up on this though.

I don't disagree at all. I just know it doesn't happen.

Upper management are the money folks with connections. It would be amazing if people who knew how to do the jobs were the managers.

You guys are forgetting the Trump talking points.

He has to nominate/appoint these unqualified people so he can remove them, thus "draining the swamp".

This was an actual argument in another thread re: Flynn, Manafort.

I don't disagree at all. I just know it doesn't happen.

Upper management are the money folks with connections. It would be amazing if people who knew how to do the jobs were the managers.

Unlike for-profit commercial activity, when it comes to departments of the federal government there's little need for financial wizards to guide the ship. Far more valuable to have knowledge of the subject at hand.

Unlike for-profit commercial activity, when it comes to departments of the federal government there's little need for financial wizards to guide the ship. Far more valuable to have knowledge of the subject at hand.

You would think. But you would be wrong. Especially if you think that government isn't for-profit.

You still need to have money men and negotiatiors. They have to go to higher ups for funding.

Anything specific?

My dad was a real pro-Joe-the-plumber guy back in 2008, so he's always been fond of the "outsider" idea. He even liked Palin back when she was running with McCain for that reason. The fact that the swamp wasn't drained and the fact that his cabinet didn't look much different from what any conservative cabinet would have (career politicians, corporate executives) shattered the illusion a bit. And besides that, he thinks the blatant lying paints America is a negative light. Policy wise he's probably 50/50 on what Trump has actually been able to accomplish, but he thinks he behaves like an ass and doesn't see the change he was promised re: "draining the swamp".

My dad was a real pro-Joe-the-plumber guy back in 2008, so he's always been fond of the "outsider" idea. He even liked Palin back when she was running with McCain for that reason. The fact that the swamp wasn't drained and the fact that his cabinet didn't look much different from what any conservative cabinet would have (career politicians, corporate executives) shattered the illusion a bit. And besides that, he thinks the blatant lying paints America is a negative light. Policy wise he's probably 50/50 on what Trump has actually been able to accomplish, but he thinks he behaves like an ass and doesn't see the change he was promised re: "draining the swamp".

Trump does come across as an ass.

'Draining the swamp' isn't easy when they're all against you and you're just one dude.

His 401k and IRA are probably pretty healthy though.

Especially if you think that government isn't for-profit.

I guess Trump's seemingly unqualified picks will be turning this around then. :D

SR-fed-spending-numbers-2012-p4-chart-4_HIGHRES.jpg

I guess Trump's seemingly unqualified picks will be turning this around then. :D

SR-fed-spending-numbers-2012-p4-chart-4_HIGHRES.jpg

Lol, did you just finger me, and not in the good way?

I'm gonna need more than a chart giving me the middle finger to decide if the economy is doing ok.

Back