Katie Hopkins (British Ann Coulter) Declares Bankruptcy After Libel Suit

To be fair she was sued and probably had a liberal judge who fucked her.

Just sayin.
to be fair she has lost multiple jobs for being a fucking scummy cow of the highest order..... that will have contributed to this.

Also its more to do with the fact that she fought a case she really shouldnt have, and lost badly. Any judge whether they were liberal or conservative wouldve found against her.

To be fair she was sued and probably had a liberal judge who fucked her.

Just sayin.
To be fair almost all of her costs (80%+) are court fees for dragging out litigation even though she was verifiably wrong and knew or should have known it.

Writing a tweet mistaking Laurie Penny's views for a celebrity chef is enough to bankrupt a millionaire? Great legal system, England. Trump is literally Hitler for calling things libelous, yet it's a great thing and we're all supposed to be cheering because it's Katie Hopkins.
Well yeah, she is quite scummy and was obviously wrong but didn't want to admit it so she brought this upon herself.

But also the UK has more strict libel laws. If you think this is wrong then presumably you'd also disagree with Trump about opening up libel laws. I don't like the libel laws of the UK personally but in this case Hopkins really has only herself to blame.
The lesson here is that making a living off of generating controversy is a double-edged sword. I guess Anne Coulter deserves some credit for being able to stick around for so long. Most people who deliberately generate controversy end up getting taken down at some point, but Anne has been at this a long time and, for better or worse, is still going strong.
As its been said, the US has less strict libel laws so its harder to sue and win this kind of case over here. I prefer it that way tbh.

Also, in the US I think we have a larger audience for the kind of shtick that Hopkins and Coulter have. Hopkins fame seem to come more so from outside the UK which is why her opportunities within it dried up but Coulter can always get an appearance on FOX to sell one of her books.

Wow, getting a little too sanctimonious in here for me. Why don't you perfect beings go to Katie and set an example for her with your outstanding and noble behavior

Well yeah, she is quite scummy and was obviously wrong but didn't want to admit it so she brought this upon herself.

But also the UK has more strict libel laws. If you think this is wrong then presumably you'd also disagree with Trump about opening up libel laws. I don't like the libel laws of the UK personally but in this case Hopkins really has only herself to blame.
Nah, I don't agree with Trump about opening up libel laws, but I do think a NYT article about Nikki Haley spending $53,000 on curtains while it turned out it was Obama's UN ambassador that spent be a lot more punishable than a tweet some lady probably sent while waiting at a traffic light. If you admit you're a advocate rather than a news source, I'm not gonna go as hard on you as if you just said what you were. Alex Jones, CNN, NYT, FOX etc should just admit what they are and we're all good. I don't want Cenk Uyger sued out of existence but let's call a spade a spade.

Nah, I don't agree with Trump about opening up libel laws, but I do think a NYT article about Nikki Haley spending $53,000 on curtains while it turned out it was Obama's UN ambassador that spent be a lot more punishable than a tweet some lady probably sent while waiting at a traffic light. If you admit you're a advocate rather than a news source, I'm not gonna go as hard on you as if you just said what you were. Alex Jones, CNN, NYT, FOX etc should just admit what they are and we're all good. I don't want Cenk Uyger sued out of existence but let's call a spade a spade.

You're acting as if she's some random person tweeting to her friends. She's not her tweets have reach. This only got to the point it did because she doubled down on the false statement.

Wow, getting a little too sanctimonious in here for me. Why don't you perfect beings go to Katie and set an example for her with your outstanding and noble behavior

It's almost as if a person that makes a living criticizing others should refrain from doing the things she gets on others for. Who would have thought.

You're acting as if she's some random person tweeting to her friends. She's not her tweets have reach. This only got to the point it did because she doubled down on the false statement.

It's almost as if a person that makes a living criticizing others should refrain from doing the things she gets on others for. Who would have thought.
She is. It's her personal twiiter, not published in a newspaper. Where exactly is the line between "some random person tweeting to her friends" and someone who should get sued? Are you gonna decide that? That's pretty convenient.

na we'll just keep our distance from that scummy cow, thanks very much.

People have a go at her because they believe what they're told on tv. They believe she is shit because they are told she is shit. They believe she is shit because the newspapers say she is shit.
These people don't actually investigate what she is actually saying so they can make up their own minds.
She isn't far right but she is always portrayed as such because the mass media hate her because she speaks the truth. She tells the truth about islam so the media hate her and call her islamophobic, they don't try to counter what she's said.
She went to Sth Africa and did a report on the farmers getting murdered when the West didn't give a shit on them being killed because the dead were white.
She told the truth about the camp full of black people in Calais trying to get to England.

I think she is great. We have people like her in Australia and they get called names and get insulted all the time without examining what they are saying.

She is. It's her personal twiiter, not published in a newspaper. Where exactly is the line between "some random person tweeting to her friends" and someone who should get sued? Are you gonna decide that? That's pretty convenient.
she was told that the post was incorrect and asked to change it, she refused so had to go to court. Its all her own doing

People have a go at her because they believe what they're told on tv. They believe she is shit because they are told she is shit. They believe she is shit because the newspapers say she is shit.
These people don't actually investigate what she is actually saying so they can make up their own minds.
She isn't far right but she is always portrayed as such because the mass media hate her because she speaks the truth. She tells the truth about islam so the media hate her and call her islamophobic, they don't try to counter what she's said.
She went to Sth Africa and did a report on the farmers getting murdered when the West didn't give a shit on them being killed because the dead were white.
She told the truth about the camp full of black people in Calais trying to get to England.

I think she is great. We have people like her in Australia and they get called names and get insulted all the time without examining what they are saying.

she isnt far right? Are you on drugs?

Tell her, not me, broham

she was told that the post was incorrect and asked to change it, she refused so had to go to court. Its all her own doing
No, she was asked to donate 10 grand to a refugee organization. Would you donate 10k to a Trump pac or the NRA if I found an incorrect post of yours on here?

No, she was asked to donate 10 grand to a refugee organization. Would you donate 10k to a Trump pac or the NRA if I found an incorrect post of yours on here?
if the other option was to be taken to court and losing half a million? yes

So are you arguing that she isn't a public figure that utilizes her Twitter to promote her brand?

I mean you've already gone the willful ignorance route of pretending like the lawsuit didn't only occur because she refused to correct her false statement and refused a restitution offer.

also LOL @ you comparing a refugee organisation to a Trump PAC or the NRA

if the other option was to be taken to court and losing half a million? yes
That's kind of the point, isn't it? Why would your only options be donating to something you disagree with or something else you disagree with? That's a totalitarian society which you turds seem to abide as long as it's on your side.

That's kind of the point, isn't it? Why would your only options be donating to something you disagree with or something else you disagree with? That's a totalitarian society which you turds seem to abide as long as it's on your side.
she was given the option by the person she slandered..... the state had fuck all to do with it ya goofball

Back