Katie Hopkins (British Ann Coulter) Declares Bankruptcy After Libel Suit

Again, it wasn't apologizing or correcting, she did that and still got sued and the guy bragged about getting an absurd settlement over a petty lawsuit. Should Nikki Haley sue the NYT over the accusation that she spent too much money on curtains when it was actually an Obama appointee?

No. This chick not only never apologized, despite repeatedly being asked to do so, but she actually responded with more taunting and mudslinging.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...wins-twitter-libel-case-against-katie-hopkins

As to your question- If the NYT had not done the right thing, publicly apologized and made a retraction, she could have, should have, and possibly would have sued. And she would likely have won. If she had asked the NYT to give some money to a charity they could not stomach, they probably would have found a workaround. Nikki is a smart lady though, and I suspect that she took a more pragmatic view. Knowing that she will be in public service a while longer, her interests would be better served by accepting the apology and moving on.

We actually have a constitution and the right to bear arms is in the 2nd amendment. FYI, organization is spelled with a "z" and you're still wrong on everything else.
umm.... actually its both. Although considering the language is called "English" Im going to go with the original spelling and not some bastardised alternative you goofs created.

Also just because you goofs have the right to bear arms that doesnt make the NRA a human rights organisation. So try again chuckles

Yet I can't think of a single left winger who hasn't entertained the false idea that a majority of the prison population is in there for smoking a joint. We can say we disagree with laws. You disagree with pot laws, I agree with this law. I'm not saying it's not on the books, I'm saying it's a shitty law when someone owes what amounts to a lifetime salary for the average brit just for a tweet. I find it gross that every other country hasn't adopted freedom of speech.
I think the law is shitty as well but as I said, you can't ignore the fact that she brought this upon herself. She made a tweet that was unequivocally wrong, refused to apologize for it or negotiate a settlement, decided to take it to court despite being obviously wrong, then got fucked when the court made the obvious decision against her.

This really isn't an example of severe overreach IMO, its very clearly her own doing and she could've easily avoided it if she was a bit more humble and willing to admit her mistake. That's what you keep failing to address.

So it's an "actual charity" only if you agree with it? The NRA is one of the biggest human rights organizations in the world and protects a constitutional right, whereas refugee charities take 90% and give the remaining 10 to people who want to come in and accept more welfare on top of that. If refugees were such a great boon to econmoy and society, they wouldn't need organizations blowing smoke up your assto accept them.
Refugees are civilians fleeing from war torn countries dumbass, often from certain death. Why would anyone principly be against a charity that supports refugees?

How someone can, in all seriousness, call the NRA "one of the biggest human rights organizations" as a badge of honor and then in the same breath chastise innocent civilians literally fleeing from war boggles my mind. You are completely detached from reality. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Refugees are civilians fleeing from war torn countries dumbass, often from certain death. Why would anyone principly be against a charity that supports refugees?

How someone can, in all seriousness, call the NRA "one of the biggest human rights organizations" as a badge of honor and then in the same breath chastise innocent civilians literally fleeing from war boggles my mind. You are completely detached from reality. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
Oh great, because you don't like one that means we should just chuck the constitution. Are you high? One is actual rights of citizens and the other is privileges of mobility for people that don't live here. Is this thing on?

I think the law is shitty as well but as I said, you can't ignore the fact that she brought this upon herself. She made a tweet that was unequivocally wrong, refused to apologize for it or negotiate a settlement, decided to take it to court despite being obviously wrong, then got fucked when the court made the obvious decision against her.

This really isn't an example of severe overreach IMO, its very clearly her own doing and she could've easily avoided it if she was a bit more humble and willing to admit her mistake. That's what you keep failing to address.
I checked her out and she's kind of a cunt, but I'm still not with the ruling. I don't think a tweet should be penalized by half a million dollars.

Oh great, because you don't like one that means we should just chuck the constitution. Are you high? One is actual rights of citizens and the other is privileges of mobility for people that don't live here. Is this thing on?
I never said anything about "chucking" the constitution or whatever you are on about. It's amazing that you don't see the irony in putting support of "human rights" at the forefront of your argument, while at the same time not giving a shit about refugees fleeing from war. Some of the greatest human right legislations came into being in the wake of WW2.

I'd like to hear you opinion of the Polish Jews that fled to the States during WW2. Man, as much as you dislike refugees you must HATE the immigrants that came from Italy and Ireland in the late 1800s early 1900s. In a country that's only a few hundred years old that was founded by the English nonetheless.

I checked her out and she's kind of a cunt, but I'm still not with the ruling. I don't think a tweet should be penalized by half a million dollars.
The actual fine was pretty small, it was mostly the combined legal fees. When you go to court with a celebrity chef don't expect the legal fees to be cheap.

Yet I can't think of a single left winger who hasn't entertained the false idea that a majority of the prison population is in there for smoking a joint. We can say we disagree with laws. You disagree with pot laws, I agree with this law. I'm not saying it's not on the books, I'm saying it's a shitty law when someone owes what amounts to a lifetime salary for the average brit just for a tweet. I find it gross that every other country hasn't adopted freedom of speech.

I take it that you are not a fan of Trumps new thoughts on libel laws then. :)

I assume that you found it equally gross when the Daily Mail paid Melania Trump what amounts to 10 lifetimes salary for a similar slight? 10X what Hopkins just paid. Hopkins twitter following is over 60% of the entire Daily Mail circulation by the way.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/04/12/media/melania-trump-daily-mail-settlement/index.html

If you are using this libel judgement as an argument that the UK has not adopted free speech, you should then acknowledge that speech is far less free here in the US. We are the ones throwing out $274 Million libel and defamation judgments for billboard signs, awarding pro wrestlers millions because they chafe over how they were portrayed in a book, and giving wealthy businessmen another $40 million to blow when a disgruntled office tenant sets up websites comparing him to Bernie Madoff.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...awards-over-274m-in-billboard-defamation-case

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/us/jesse-ventura-chris-kyle-navy-seal-book-lawsuit.html

https://www.law360.com/articles/760728/la-businessman-wins-almost-40m-in-defamation-suit

i dont blame her. i blame the media for giving her a platform. she used that platform to become famous.

But her greatest vitriol is reserved for migrants. In the Sun she wrote that migrants were “a plague of feral humans” and “cockroaches…built to survive a nuclear bomb”, language so obviously drawn from Nazi ideology that the writer Jon Ronson later said, in an interview with her, that it was as if “she was cutting the brakes on her own car”.

Well

OcXhKFIp

<45>

I take it that you are not a fan of Trumps new thoughts on libel laws then. :)

I assume that you found it equally gross when the Daily Mail paid Melania Trump what amounts to 10 lifetimes salary for a similar slight? 10X what Hopkins just paid. Hopkins twitter following is over 60% of the entire Daily Mail circulation by the way.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/04/12/media/melania-trump-daily-mail-settlement/index.html

If you are using this libel judgement as an argument that the UK has not adopted free speech, you should then acknowledge that speech is far less free here in the US. We are the ones throwing out $274 Million libel and defamation judgments for billboard signs, awarding pro wrestlers millions because they chafe over how they were portrayed in a book, and giving wealthy businessmen another $40 million to blow when a disgruntled office tenant sets up websites comparing him to Bernie Madoff.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...awards-over-274m-in-billboard-defamation-case

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/30/us/jesse-ventura-chris-kyle-navy-seal-book-lawsuit.html

https://www.law360.com/articles/760728/la-businessman-wins-almost-40m-in-defamation-suit
Yeah, that's an ok assumption. I'm not a "trumpbot" or "trupmtard" or any of this of other goofy shit. I value the constitution and I think both sides abuse it. I"m not even a trump supporter, but fuck if it hasn't been obvious that there is a consorted effort against the guy.

The actual fine was pretty small, it was mostly the combined legal fees. When you go to court with a celebrity chef don't expect the legal fees to be cheap.

I still can't think of Jack Monroe as a celebrity chef though technically its true , I prefer to think of her/him/? as a genetic experiment by the backroom staff at The Guardian to produce a columnist that would chaff The Mail brigade the most , they are probably already working on a 2.0 version splicing Monroes genes with that of a crippled black muslim .

Back