Katie Taylor vs Jessica McCaskill (WBA World Lightweight title), Dec 13 (6PM GMT/1PM ET/10AM PT)

• Thread starter Deleted member 453401
  • Start date
Benn drops him with a minute to go! Cedrick's legs are wobbly. Both men are throwing down until the bell sounds.

dhMeAzK.gif

How the hell did the judge/s (only called out 1 score so I have no clue) have it 57-54 to Benn. They say Benn won every round after 1. Fuck off

• Josh Kelly (4-0-0) v Jean Michel Hamilcaro (25-8-3) : 10 Rounds Welterweight
Here we go! Show us some of those flashy moves PBK. Unless he is a truly special talent, he won't be able to clown on his opponents as much as he has while moving through the ranks, but I'll enjoy it regardless.

Josh Kelly moves to 5-0-0, ref steps in to save Hamilcaro, sixth round - TKO.

Apparently Cedrick Peynaud, Conor Benn's opponent, is a experienced Kickboxer.
http://www.cenvintparis13.fr/fr/competiteurs-cedrick-peynaud.html
Cédrick Peynaud

(Born April 28, 1986)

Twin brother of Michael, and sports animator in the schools of the city of Paris, he learns to combat sports at the same time. Armed with the same passion and determination, he follows exactly the same progression as his brother, both of them serving as examples.

• 94 fights, 83 wins, including 47 by KO
  • 2014 WKA full contact world champion
  • 2X 2012 and 2013 Full4fight Tournament Champion
  • WKA kickboxing world champion December 17, 2011
  • 2009 European Kick-Boxing Champion
  • 3X Champion of France Kick-Boxing 2007/2008/2010
  • Winner of the 2005 Full-Contact French Cup
  • Junior French Champion of Savate 2005

Martin J Ward (18-0-2) is up next, facing Juli Giner (21-2-1) for the Vacant European Super-Featherweight Title

Close fight. Ward drops his man badly in round 6.

Ward stops Juli after dropping him for a second time in round 6 with a counter right hand, forcing the ref to stop it.

"...is a war of malnutrition" - Tony Bellew
Not the first time I've heard him say it either.
0EzpPOq.gif

All of these are just not good enough

They are struggling at levels way below what they are going to face if they step up, that Josh Kelly guy cant break an egg and isnt slick enough to stay out of trouble

Benn makes me chuckle, he cant really box, and people think he is going to be decent....

I've not seen a single fighter so far that looks like he is going to be anything decent on the world scene on this card

They are struggling at levels way below what they are going to face if they step up, that Josh Kelly guy cant break an egg and isnt slick enough to stay out of trouble

Benn makes me chuckle, he cant really box, and people think he is going to be decent....

I've not seen a single fighter so far that looks like he is going to be anything decent on the world scene on this card
Some thought Benn was going to be a mini Mike Tyson or Nigel Benn v2.0!
giphy.gif

I'm quietly optimistic about Josh Kelly, but you may be right. He will have rely on his fundamentals more as he rises, maybe he should get accustomed to using good fundamentals now before he's in the ring with a legit fighter and he's not used to it.
It does look like his power will not get much respect, some top guys may attempt to walk him down. Volume, accuracy, unpredictability and setting his shots up paired with his footwork is what will get him success imo. He also sits and waits at times when he could be using it more wisely, feinting, opening their guard etc.

Taylor dropped in Round 2.

Katie Taylor wobbled by McCaskill with a big wild shot in round 6. Taylor seems to be getting slightly frustrated in there. Jessica McCaskill is roughing Katie up. Katie getting dragged into McCaskill's fight. When she sticks to her boxing it's clear who is more skilled.

Ref deducts a point from Katie Taylor in round 7 for excessive holding.

Last edited by a moderator:
So she got a point deduction, was dropped in a round, and still won by those scores. LOL.

I wasn't keeping score, but it seemed a slightly wider than what I thought it should have been. Which isn't surprising.
Katie did win clearly, but the knockdown, point deduction and the fact that she fought McCaskill's fight made it closer than it should been if she stuck to boxing her.

Some thought Benn was going to be a mini Mike Tyson or Nigel Benn v2.0!

can i ask who they are?

he also didnt sound great in his post fight interview considering who he was fighting, he sounds like he is ready to quit pretty soon

as soon as he tries to step up, he is getting beat

I've seen posts on twitter and other boxing forums (boxingscene) and did spot a couple of people who shared the view that Conor has a very promising future to say the least.
Here's an example.

If you want to waste your time reading uninformed opinions, you can scroll through these
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=conor benn world champion&src=typd

I didn't say most, but certainly some bought into the matchroom hype hook, line and sinker.

Honestly, i'm not sure if some folk who believe he will be world champ/the next mike tyson etc. confused 'he will be' with 'i want him to be'. A month ago, Kell Brook said he wants Conor Benn to emerge as the world champion at welterweight, but that Conor has a lot to learn and shouldn't be fast-tracked.

Edit: combined post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back