Kattar vs Burgos was a treat!

fluffball

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First of all I'd like to highlight I correctly called the main event 100%.

Moving on, Kattar Burgos was just fun to watch. It's nice to watch guys working off the jab, understanding how to defend body shots, THROWING body shots... I had a huge adrenaline dump watching that fight way more than the relatively predictable two title fights.

Despite the high landing percentage, that was a striking treat.

Yeah it was very nice. Almeida vs Rob Font was very good too.

Both fights had great displays of striking.

I was there and was up screaming when Kattar was landing on Burgos. Totally thought Burgos had the edge here as far as boxing. He was gettin stung by jabs from Kattar and seemed like he wanted that "big shot" more than anything.

Real impressed with Kattar.

I just finished watching that fight. It was a good fight. Is boxing so popular right now that it is all boxing going on in UFC? They may earn a fan in me. I like so far what I see.

That jab from Kattar was lightning fast and had no tell at all. He would pop it straight from the shoulder and Burgos couldnt even see it, he tried to slip it all night and failed most of the time...

Heard about Burgos from the Heavy Hands podcast and the way they described his style (aggressive counter fighteresq) made me look up a few fights of his. FUN fighter definitely but like the podcast said it isn't that he has bad defence per say its just his style lends him to being in a place to be hit more (he usually does). I think the fight showed that

That jab from Kattar was lightning fast and had no tell at all. He would pop it straight from the shoulder and Burgos couldnt even see it, he tried to slip it all night and failed most of the time...

He had great timing with it too. He would feint it, Burgos would slip, then when Burgos popped back up he'd snap it out.

Heard about Burgos from the Heavy Hands podcast and the way they described his style (aggressive counter fighteresq) made me look up a few fights of his. FUN fighter definitely but like the podcast said it isn't that he has bad defence per say its just his style lends him to being in a place to be hit more (he usually does). I think the fight showed that

If you stand in the pocket long enough, you're gonna get hit eventually.

It's not like Burgos was terrible. He did have a bit of success in trying to slip. Ebbed and flowed for both fighters

yep it was my fave fight on the card, Kattar is awesome

Lol my friends were watching that fight and were calling that Burgos guy crazy. An iron chin with weird posture getting jabbed in the face all day. Looked like he was about to make the guy fade in the third but ends up getting finished. Nice fight

was very impressed with both of them, kattars jab was the difference maker

He had great timing with it too. He would feint it, Burgos would slip, then when Burgos popped back up he'd snap it out.

Popped burgos head back like a pez dispenser.

PZgW61.gif

Popped burgos head back like a pez dispenser.

PZgW61.gif

THANK YOU. I tried to find gifs so we could talk about it all I found were like double anal (not kidding). Google image search is mind numbingly bad.

THANK YOU. I tried to find gifs so we could talk about it all I found were like double anal (not kidding). Google image search is mind numbingly bad.

I made a thread about him with gifs sometime last week.

I'm from Massachusetts, so I'm glad we finally have a promising looking fighter. Hell, Font and Bochniak looked decent too!

Here's the thread and gifs I made

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kattar-looked-great-gif-heavy-who-does-he-face-next.3697195/

That deep 1-2 he threw to end the fight reminded me a lot of kelvin gastelum's quick 1-2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back