Kavanaugh: I'll be training Conor, because Freddie Roach failed

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He said that he will be a better boxing than Freddie Roach against Mayweather, because Freddie Roach failed.

Kavanagh: I will say this: Mayweather has proven himself to be perfect against guys who have trained purely in boxing. I was asked very early on, 'Are you going to bring in Freddie Roach? He's the greatest boxing trainer in the world right now.'

OK. I'm an evidence-based guy. I don't make decision based on emotions. Has Freddie trained somebody to fight Mayweather before? Yes. And a southpaw. A hard-hitting southpaw! And the plan didn't work. I don't see a point in doing the exact same thing.

Freddie has been called one of the last great guys to understand it all -- trainer, cutman, psychologist to the young fighters, technician -- but he did come up short in his approach to Mayweather. So, we can't follow the same formula.

Okamoto: Has there been a moment in which you've asked yourself, 'Am I the right head coach for Conor for this particular fight?'

Kavanagh: Yes, of course. And I removed any ego from that. I feel at this stage, with Conor, I'm not out there on the mat. I'm more of a performance director. I'm seeing the big picture, rather than getting lost in, 'When Floyd puts up the Philly Shell defense and leans on the ropes, we need to do A, B and C.'

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...n-kavanagh-how-getting-ready-floyd-mayweather

lol

good luck with that

"Nothing is impossible"

Last edited:
Freddie Roach is too busy teaching me submission grappling. Sorry Conor.

Does it really matter?
Conor could have all the GOAT boxers coaching him, and it would turn out the same as Edmond coaching him.
The end result will be the same

Well, apparently McGregor isn't the only delusional one in that camp.

He should stick to writing books nobody reads. Warehouses need to fill more space to collect dust.

...i was wrong. This got even more ridiculous

wow is that guy retaded. it doesn't have to be Roach btu Kvanagfh isnt even a high level striking coach by MMA standards let alone boxing.

SBG is basically like Taverdyan's gym.....seriously. what has that gym done? Both gyms gott heir fame from 1 fighter who had talent anyway and the few other decent fighters they have were built somewhere else. Kavanagh isnt even the most valueable coach over there he's a BJJ guy kinda like Greg Jackson but without the corner advice and strategy. Conor has ok-ish BJJ but it isn't even what makes him good nor has Kavanagh shown to give greta strategic advice.

The most valueable coach at SBG is Conors boxing coach whoever that is

Hasn't Roach said in the past that it would take him literally years to prep Conor to face Floyd and that he wouldn't want anything to do with this farce of a boxing match unless those years could actually be put in?

I guess Conor's arrogance is rubbing off....

So a BJJ guy is training an amateur boxing reject to take on one of the best boxers in the sport. I don't see any way this could go wrong!

If John really put his ego aside, he would bring in Edmond to train Conor.

Hasn't Roach said in the past that it would take him literally years to prep Conor to face Floyd and that he wouldn't want anything to do with this farce of a boxing match unless those years could actually be put in?

There's no training in the world that would prepare Conor for this. Maybe if he started when he was 12. So it's a "farce" regardless, Conor needs a hailmary punch.

Freddie Roach is too busy teaching me submission grappling. Sorry Conor.

thats a pretty good way of making the point i was going to make. all ill do is add a picture of conors striking coach. his name isnt john

ConorMcGregorstrikingcoach.gif

Does anyone know what Conor's ameture or youth boxing record is. Is he undefeated, has he lost, how many fights did he have, what's the deal?

What if team conor has the last laugh, unorthodox style is one of the hardest to prepare for, the element of surpise, floyd has no idea of what style conor uses in boxing so he has no tape to study to adpt too.

That mayweather vs pacquiao fight was a draw, but floyd is the only boxer who can win being super defensive, its called clout. If that were any other boxer they would have lost, look at all these slick defense boxers with no clout they take losses left and right. Lara vs canelo is an example, if floyd were not a draw the aggressor would win on the judges cards

Back