Kavanaugh: I'll be training Conor, because Freddie Roach failed

It wouldn't of mattered who trained him or who his sparring partners were but knowing they weren't really changing anything up was all you needed to know.

I think he's right. Conor isn't going to beat Floyd in a straight boxing match and being a traditional boxer. He's going to have to fight like an MMA fight. Stay on the outside, use angles and throw awkward shots at weird angles Floyd isn't used to seeing.

Conor's only chance is by being different.

At teh end of the day, its still punching. He isn't going to reinvent the wheel

You guys can make all the jokes you want but this guy got Conor to be a 2 weight world champ in the UFC.

People like to diminish what Conor has done but lets not forget Aldo was considered a p4p great before Conor starched him in 13.
giphy.gif

My bad too, Carl. I say that word without thought too sometimes.

you neednt be sorry pal-- i think we all say things that have become normalized that might hurt someone's feelings.

I am not casting shame, just asking nicely.

He actually had a point. There's nothing roach could've taught a skilled experience boxer to do to have won. What's the point of trying the same formula again. They saved training money and lost like they were going to do anyways.

The lack of a true Boxing trainer in Conor's camp was one of the first true red flags that jumped out at me.

Conor said in sparring he only faced 1 style (Floyd's shoulder roll), this is what happens when you have a bunch of yes man as your trainers. A boxing coach would have prepared their fighter to face Floyd's Philly shell and his ear muff's toe to toe aggressive stance and on top of that how to fight off the back foot just for good measure. When Floyd was walking down Conor he looked like he had seen a ghost. Fucking noobs I swear, this cunt Kavnagagagagghhh is literally the Tim Lane of MMA.

Just listen to ginger pubes here (another disciple of Irish Edmond) and you'll further understand why Conor is the way he is. Conor genuinely believes this nonsense because it's been drilled into him over the last decade or so by Mr Rosy Red Cheeks. Irish Edmond is filling the heads of these young kids with pseudo philosophical bullshit - the same type of bullshit MMA fans used to mock and ridicule the traditional martial arts for.

Straight Blast Gym is a glorified McDojo. A gym full of regional level bums with approximately one talented guy who managed to rise to the top in spite of his utterly restricted, mediocre surroundings. That same talent is also restricted by his own insecurity and inability to accept criticism and his own flaws.

Back