Kavanaugh: I'll be training Conor, because Freddie Roach failed

You cant teach Conor to box with floyd. He needs to make it dirty. He needs some gorilla tactics. And only a MMA trainer can show him. Throw the little man around in the clinch. Get in a few forearm/elbow shots. Step on his shoes. ect..

I think this is the best idea. You're not gonna teach Conor to be a better boxer than Floyd, so just be something else entirely. Come at him with the least traditional style imaginable to try and catch him off guard.

I bought a copy and downloaded it on kindle so I can read it whenever I want. Great book. I'll PM you the link so you can download it for $10. You won't regret it. You win or you learn!

Classy reply, I still won't read it but I'll be nice to the coach from now on =)

You cant teach Conor to box with floyd. He needs to make it dirty. He needs some gorilla tactics. And only a MMA trainer can show him. Throw the little man around in the clinch. Get in a few forearm/elbow shots. Step on his shoes. ect..

Hehe and you don't think that Floyd hasn't 1: already dealt with this kind of fuckery from elite level boxers and 2: has an arsenal of dirty boxing tricks himself which he is not afraid to use...

He's had motherfckers trying to literally bite through his gloves, headbutt him, hit the back of his head, use the knees to avoid him from turning etcetera etcetera

The highest level of success Conor could achieve in a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather jr. is to not look like a motorically impaired villager. Then I would say he did good, especially for a non-boxer

Conor wins or no contest? Matchfixing or some freak-happening like a light installation coming down on top of Floyd's head

Last edited:

The only fight I can think of where he had a bad game plan was Maia vs Gunnar, besides that fight i would say all of his game plans have been on point.

To compare him to Edmund, John would have to convince Conor to abandon his striking and make him believe he's a better grappler than Maia, this is the true brilliance of Edmund and you tarnish the legacy of the worst trainer to ever grace the octagon.

Shame on you!!

Do you know he is Conor's coach?
Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue. Yes, I am well aware of this! What is your point?

I am saying that he can not prepare Conor for Floyd. Is that so hard to wrap your mind around?

Now hes saying hes training Conor because he knows Conor can win

"I know a lot of people are dismissing it as merely a money-grab or a spectacle. If it purely was that, I’d wish Conor well but I wouldn’t be part of it. I believe he can do it and Conor is 100% sure about that outcome. That’s what gets me excited about this challenge. He was written off so many times in the UFC so being in this position is nothing new for us."
http://www.boxingscene.com/mcgregor...-117415?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

<24>

Are you for real?
Conor's gonna do something cray cray, like have extra hands or relocated hands. Something that will present an angle that Floyd's never seen before. Perhaps he'll use the hands at the ends of his legs to KO Floyd. Gotta be dangerous and unpredictable yo.

Hopefully their able to present the full arsenal of mma thats able to be displayed in a ring.

Because traditional boxing isnt goingto do it

Despite landing more punches, I still think Pacquiao did better

I believe him yo.
Funny-Laughing-Gif-Picture.gif

Despite landing more punches, I still think Pacquiao did better

not sure about that. I mean, it was 110 punches! He went almost 10 FULL ROUNDS. It wasn't even a skill difference, just a matter of composure.

He probably would have done worse with a legit boxing coach.

wow is that guy retaded. it doesn't have to be Roach btu Kvanagfh isnt even a high level striking coach by MMA standards let alone boxing.

SBG is basically like Taverdyan's gym.....seriously. what has that gym done? Both gyms gott heir fame from 1 fighter who had talent anyway and the few other decent fighters they have were built somewhere else. Kavanagh isnt even the most valueable coach over there he's a BJJ guy kinda like Greg Jackson but without the corner advice and strategy. Conor has ok-ish BJJ but it isn't even what makes him good nor has Kavanagh shown to give greta strategic advice.

The most valueable coach at SBG is Conors boxing coach whoever that is

hey, friend, illiterate though you may be.

I wonder if you would giving any thought to stop using the 'r' word (assuming you were trying to).

It is minimizing and unkind, and it hurts the feelings of our friends and loved ones that live with cognitive impairments or difficulties.

Please, try it on--give it some thought, and i think you will be pleased with the changes you can make by simply being a bit more mindful of the words that you try to use.

thanks in advance, brochacho.

hey, friend, illiterate though you may be.

I wonder if you would giving any thought to stop using the 'r' word (assuming you were trying to).

It is minimizing and unkind, and it hurts the feelings of our friends and loved ones that live with cognitive impairments or difficulties.

Please, try it on--give it some thought, and i think you will be pleased with the changes you can make by simply being a bit more mindful of the words that you try to use.

thanks in advance, brochacho.

My bad too, Carl. I say that word without thought too sometimes.

Back