"Kavanaugh Threatens the Left’s Right to Cheat"

Carl Sonnen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://takimag.com/article/kavanaugh_threatens_the_lefts_right_to_cheat_ann_coulter

"That’s exactly why the left is so hysterical about the Supreme Court. They run to the courts to win their most unpopular policy ideas, gift-wrapped and handed to them as 'constitutional rights.'

What liberals call 'rights' are legislative proposals that they can’t pass through normal democratic processes—at least outside of the states they’ve already flipped with immigration, like California."

"The only rights conservatives ever seek under the Constitution are the ones that are written in black and white, such as the freedom of speech and the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Mostly, we sit trembling, waiting to see what new nonexistent rights the court will impose on us, contravening everything we believe.

So when you hear liberals carrying on about all the 'rights' threatened by Kavanaugh, remember that by 'rights,' they mean 'policy ideas so unpopular that we can’t pass a law creating such rights'"

So true fuck these activist judges ruling against State enforced segregation and discrimination and giving gays and mixed-race couples the right to marry.

Last edited:
Can you actually state a real claim with any particularity? I imagine not, or else you would have.

(a) the left's policies are much, much, much more popular than the right's. Even their most unpopular policy and one most likely to be tied up in constitution law, gun control, is more popular than the alternative position of foreclosing all further firearm regulation.

(b) In terms of "cheating," it's fairly obvious that Republicans have undermined democracy in their favor to a degree unlike anything the Democrats have done in 100 years. With voter suppression and voter purges based on what even the conservative Supreme Court admitted were completely baseless claims, they annually erase millions of votes

(c) The conservative Supreme Court will be much, MUCH less protective of free speech than it would be if it was liberal - that is an incontrovertible fact, proven by decades of the Supreme Court.

(d) The conservative Supreme Court just killed the right to maintain a public union. That right was very popular, and the ruling was disfavored by the right and left. In the area of right to work and union busting, the Republicans' platform is deeply, deeply unpopular.....so they had to pass it through the courts.

Honestly, dude, you just don't know what you're talking about. And, unless you are a very very rich man who is also incredibly selfish, a conservative Supreme Court will be very bad for your interests.

This has to be the most unintentionally ironic OP of the year so far

Can you actually state a real claim with any particularity? I imagine not, or else you would have.

(a) the left's policies are much, much, much more popular than the right's.

(

<TrumpWrong1>

The left has either incredibly unpopular ideas, like having trannies read to kindergarten classes. Or ideas that people “like” because they’re pipedream policies that people are too fucking stupid to realize we just don’t have the money to pay for.

The left has either incredibly unpopular ideas, like having trannies read to kindergarten classes. Or ideas that people “like” because they’re pipedream policies that people are too fucking stupid to realize we just don’t have the money to pay for.

The majority: support campaign finance regulation and don't support allowing bribery and making it harder to trace donations, support protecting the environment and don't support legislating on behalf of oil companies, support higher minimum wages and don't support cutting wages and benefits for workers, support unionizing rights and don't support right-to-work, support higher taxes on the rich and lower on the middle class and don't support tax cuts for the rich and flat tax rates, support protecting consumers and don't support making it harder for injured citizens to sue corporations, support financial regulations and don't support protecting con men and banksters, support the right to choose and don't support abortion bans. I mean....you got me on transgendered persons in kindergarten classes, but I don't think that's exactly on the policy forefront.

Also, what policies do the Democrats support that the United States, the richest country in the history of the world, cannot afford? Universal healthcare? Universal college? I'm curious.

The majority: support campaign finance regulation and don't support allowing bribery and making it harder to trace donations, support protecting the environment and don't support legislating on behalf of oil companies, support higher minimum wages and don't support cutting wages and benefits for workers, support unionizing rights and don't support right-to-work, support higher taxes on the rich and lower on the middle class and don't support tax cuts for the rich and flat tax rates, support protecting consumers and don't support making it harder for injured citizens to sue corporations, support financial regulations and don't support protecting con men and banksters, support the right to choose and don't support abortion bans. I mean....you got me on transgendered persons in kindergarten classes, but I don't think that's exactly on the policy forefront.

Also, what policies do the Democrats support that the United States, the richest country in the history of the world, cannot afford? Universal healthcare? Universal college? I'm curious.

“support campaign finance regulation and don't support allowing bribery and making it harder to trace donations”

Translation, getting big money out of politics, translation, pipedream.

“Protecting environment”
Under Trump, we’re leading the world in carbon emission reduction.

“Higher minimum wage”
Sounds great, except your small business might not be able to afford it. Oh, and that fucking idiot who put a pickle on my fucking burger after I ordered it with no pickle, doesn’t deserve $15 an hour.

“Muh billionaires/corporations”
Fuck you, I unironically love corporations. Do you have any idea how much food I can buy at Walmart for $100? Ebay? Amazon? Apple? I’ll keep all that, and you can fuck off to commieville where none of that exists and life is like a third world shithole.

Unions need reform.

I don’t care about abortion.

What can’t we afford? To give away everything the democrats promise. Bernie’s propositions were like 20 TRILLION in giveaways.

PS,
We are likely looking at universal healthcare coming in the near future. Republicans had their chance to put forth a plan.

They don’t have one.

<TrumpWrong1>

Off the top of my head:
-Campaign finance reform
-End gerrymandering
-Net neutrality
-Wall Street Regulation
-Protecting National Parks

Five "left" policies that are incredibly popular and would cost the American tax payers nothing or almost nothing.

Then we have the big one: universal healthcare. Of course, that would cost money, but I keep waiting for someone to explain to me how the richest country in the history of the world can't afford it while every other industrialized nation can.

“support campaign finance regulation and don't support allowing bribery and making it harder to trace donations”

“Protecting environment”

“Higher minimum wage”
Sounds great, except your small business might not be able to afford it. Oh, and that fucking idiot who put a pickle on my fucking burger after I ordered it with no pickle, doesn’t deserve $15 an hour.

Fuck you, I unironically love corporations. Do you have any idea how much food I can buy at Walmart for $100? Ebay? Amazon? Apple? I’ll keep all that, and you can fuck off to commieville where none of that exists and life is like a third world shithole.

Unions need reform.

What can’t we afford? To give away everything the democrats promise. Bernie’s propositions were like 20 TRILLION in giveaways.

PS,
We are likely looking at universal healthcare coming in the near future. Republicans had their chance to put forth a plan.

They don’t have one.
<{1-10}>

Off the top of my head:
-Campaign finance reform
-End gerrymandering
-Net neutrality
-Wall Street Regulation
-Protecting National Parks

Five "left" policies that are incredibly popular and would cost the American tax payers nothing or almost nothing.

Then we have the big one: universal healthcare. Of course, that would cost money, but I keep waiting for someone to explain to me how the richest country in the history of the world can't afford it while every other industrialized nation can.

Democrats have been promising that they're going to fix healthcare for as long as any of us have been alive.

The last time the Democrats held the Presidency, House, and Senate, all they did was pass a law demanding forced insurance.

The pursuit of Universal Health Care gets the Democrats far more votes then actually implementing Universal Health Care.

So true fuck these activist judges giving blacks and women the right to vote and gays the right to marry
Oops. Those were laws that passed via the house and senate. (not gay marriage, but marriage is not covered by the constitution and is just the kind of thing the court SHOULD be looking at)

Oops. Those were laws that passed via the house and senate. (not gay marriage, but marriage is not covered by the constitution and is just the kind of thing the court SHOULD be looking at)
Honestly I waited way longer than I thought I would have for this response.

Democrats have been promising that they're going to fix healthcare for as long as any of us have been alive.

The last time the Democrats held the Presidency, House, and Senate, all they did was pass a law demanding forced insurance.

The pursuit of Universal Health Care gets the Democrats far more votes then actually implementing Universal Health Care.
This is some silly analysis.
Obama: *campaigns on shutting down Gitmo*
Republicans: *campaign on obstructing Obama*
You: *Votes for Republicans*
Republicans: *Obstruct Obama*
You: What a disappointment, another broken promise!

Honestly I waited way longer than I thought I would have for this response.
Well, at least i didn't call you a retard, dolt or other popular insult....

if they are implying that the Left is largely who uses Judicial Review, then yes it's not even close

However, lets not forget Citizens United, which likely has had a much more far reaching effect on politics, or more specifically the lack of care towards constituency views in favor or corporate backed ones.....and that was clearly a right wing court view

“Protecting environment”

“Higher minimum wage”

Unions need reform.

PS,

They don’t have one.
giphy.gif

if they are implying that the Left is largely who uses Judicial Review, then yes it's not even close

However, lets not forget Citizens United, which likely has had a much more far reaching effect on politics, or more specifically the lack of care towards constituency views in favor or corporate backed ones.....and that was clearly a right wing court view

Outside of gay marriage i cant think of any battle the left has won in the SCOTUS.

On the right however, just look at post number 6.

Explain this for me, please. The Roberts Court has radically shifted decades-old precedent to the right in pretty unheralded and judicially activist disregard for stare decisis.

Outside of gay marriage i cant think of any battle the left has won in the SCOTUS.

On the right however, just look at post number 6.
1) i explicitly gave citizens united as one really bad example from the right

2) uh roe v wade?
Heart of ATL motel vs US?
Brown v Board of Education Topeka was a pretty substantial case, just saying
Smith v Allwright

Conservatives conserve, not generally push for change.

http://takimag.com/article/kavanaugh_threatens_the_lefts_right_to_cheat_ann_coulter

"That’s exactly why the left is so hysterical about the Supreme Court. They run to the courts to win their most unpopular policy ideas, gift-wrapped and handed to them as 'constitutional rights.'

What liberals call 'rights' are legislative proposals that they can’t pass through normal democratic processes—at least outside of the states they’ve already flipped with immigration, like California."

"The only rights conservatives ever seek under the Constitution are the ones that are written in black and white, such as the freedom of speech and the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Mostly, we sit trembling, waiting to see what new nonexistent rights the court will impose on us, contravening everything we believe.

So when you hear liberals carrying on about all the 'rights' threatened by Kavanaugh, remember that by 'rights,' they mean 'policy ideas so unpopular that we can’t pass a law creating such rights'"

That's hardly a black and white issue. It wasn't until 2008 that the supreme court disassociated gun ownership and militia enlistment. In the 19th century, the Supreme Court ruled that state regulation doesn't infringe upon the second amendment. Conservatives like to call their interpretations "originalism" and pretend they aren't interpretations, but they are.

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/second-amendment.php
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

If this is true and the liberal policies are so unpopular, then let's see what happens if the conservative court has the balls to get rid of Rowe V. Wade (hint: it doesn't, because the poll numbers are 69 in favor of keeping it and 29 in favor of overturning it).

Back