Kazuto Ioka retires

By "best Japanese boxer" you mean "most technically skilled"? 'Cos I don't think there's much argument over who'd win head-to-head, & it I don't think anyone sane would ever say "Ioka".

His fight with Yaegashi was truly great but he never lived up to his promise post-that fight, IMO, & he just couldn't deal with Ruenroeng.

Sad to see him go, though.

By "best Japanese boxer" you mean "most technically skilled"? 'Cos I don't think there's much argument over who'd win head-to-head, & it I don't think anyone sane would ever say "Ioka".

His fight with Yaegashi was truly great but he never lived up to his promise post-that fight, IMO, & he just couldn't deal with Ruenroeng.

Sad to see him go, though.
Nah I mean best. I think 108 Ioka vs 108 Inoue was 50-50 and Ioka beat the better fighters. Ioka went under the radar after his loss to Ruenroeng and the close Reveco fight, but skillswise, he was one of the best in the world, no questions asked.

ioka was one of the most technical boxers from japan

his only loss to amnat was nothing to be ashamed of
amnat was one of the best/ he also beat shiming
i think ioka improved after that loss, and was in his prime when he retired

he got married, lost focus
and retired too young

That's a shame I would always welcome more Ioka fights. I have had my dig since he gutted Pongsaklek, it's been a crazy couple of years thanks for the wars.
Hopefully he will be back some time I wouldn't mind a one off.

Edit I mean oleydong sithsamerchai

Last edited:
Back