Keep your nose out Mark Goddard, stop interfering.

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Why does Mark Goddard interfere so much in the fight compared to other referees?. I have seen him in many fights, stopping the fight to give lectures to the fighters mid-round, allowing them to get a 30 seconds rest.

It might seem far fetched but if Goddard was reffing, and a fighter was gassed they might try kicking the opponent in the balls in order to get a 45 second long rest during my lecture.

There is 2 men in a fight, not 3, and there should be minimal input from other people. The job of the referee is to officiate the fight, not to teach the guys how to fight, not to teach the rules and how to follow them. Not to play the puppet master of the fight!

For example i believe if a fighter stops the takedown due to grabbing the fence, he will put them on the ground....even though there was no takedown completed. But how do you know the position that the takedown will result? you dont.

Do people agree with me that a fight is 2 people? or do you think that the ref should control the action more?

NgPHwyj.png

I know everyone else loves goddard....but here he does it again with Conor.

Can this guy referee a fight without stopping it repeatedly and giving a lecture to someone?

Keeping people away from the cage is the security job not the referee job.

What a busy body/ "jobsworth"

Conor was out of control, and even HE knew it, hence the "okay my bad" gesture, when Goddard put him in his place.

Mark was right in this case.

Mcgregor thought he was king and could do whatever he wants. Glad to see him put in his place. Guess he has been watching to much WWE.

Conor has little man syndrome and a real man had to put that little shit in his place

I know everyone else loves goddard....but here he does it again with Conor.

Can this guy referee a fight without stopping it repeatedly and giving a lecture to someone?

Keeping people away from the cage is the security job not the referee job.

What a busy body/ "jobsworth"

Give the man his credit where it is due. Conor had that coming and no one but you is arguing that.

Conor was out of control, and even HE knew it, hence the "okay my bad" gesture, when Goddard put him in his place.

Mark was right in this case.

Agree that Conor was in the wrong.
Disagree that Mark did the right thing.

His job is to referee the fight not the crowd. There are other officials outside the cage as well as security for that purpose. It's not his responsibility.
And he INTERRUPTED AN ONGOING FIGHT, because a guy was shouting outside the cage.
The continuity and flow of the fight is more important.

Conor knew his roll, he didn’t want none of Marc...
50583.jpg

Give the man his credit where it is due. Conor had that coming and no one but you is arguing that.

Not even Conor argued with his call.

I'm not arguing that Conor was not in the wrong. I'm arguing that Mark was also in the wrong by interrupting a fight in progress to tell a member of the audience to shhh.

He insists upon himsekf., In every fight he referees.

I'm not arguing that Conor was not in the wrong. I'm arguing that Mark was also in the wrong by interrupting a fight in progress to tell a member of the audience to shhh.

IT was having an affect on the fight, it was his job to take control. Conor was the 4th man in a corner which is a violation of the rules. Goddard was right and you're not thinking clearly

I can't stand a ref that wants to be part of the show, and I really can't stand it when they affect the outcome of the fight.

IT was having an affect on the fight, it was his job to take control. Conor was the 4th man in a corner which is a violation of the rules. Goddard was right and you're not thinking clearly
I don't think it was affecting the fight at all. Mark Goddard himself could of gave artem advice and it wouldn't of helped him stuff those takedowns

Conor had no business acting like an extra cornerman. It's against the rules. That is Goddard's job to enforce.

No ref makes the fight about themselves more than Big John.

I don't think it was affecting the fight at all. Mark Goddard himself could of gave artem advice and it wouldn't of helped him stuff those takedowns

Doesn't matter if it was affecting the fight it was against the rules. What part of that don't you guys understand? I didn't write the rules LOL

I said it before and I'll say it again.. if that was ANY other fighter pulling that shit, you can guarantee they would've gotten ejected from ringside, amd potentially fined and suspended from cornering/fighting for however long and a lecture from the commission, not to mention potential dq loss for their fighter.

Clear violation of the rules, doesn't matter if you're Conor McGregor or Justin fucking Buchholz you cant stomp around the ring screaming in the ring when you already have 3 cornermen. Not only distracting to the fighters but the officials in and around the ring. Marc Goddard did the right thing Conor isn't above the commission and rules.

Back