Keep your nose out Mark Goddard, stop interfering.

Not even Conor argued with his call.

He prob didn't want his friend getting DQ'd because of him Goddard needs to relax all that did if anything was give lobov a break Connor wasn't going to help him with anything technical his ground game isn't even that good it's his striking that's real good but even then lobov has his coaches I doubt he was even listening to Connor

I know everyone else loves goddard....but here he does it again with Conor.

Can this guy referee a fight without stopping it repeatedly and giving a lecture to someone?

Keeping people away from the cage is the security job not the referee job.

What a busy body/ "jobsworth"
It’s a referees job to enforce the rules, he enforced them

Big John is the best ref IMO
He's a fine ref in terms of stoppages and upholding the rules, but if TS's concern is about interjecting himself, no one does that more than Big John. He barks orders at both fighters all damn fight. If he has nothing to correct, he makes things up to yap about.

He prob didn't want his friend getting DQ'd because of him Goddard needs to relax all that did if anything was give lobov a break Connor wasn't going to help him with anything technical his ground game isn't even that good it's his striking that's real good but even then lobov has his coaches I doubt he was even listening to Connor

You're stupid. The commission needs to SANCTION cornermen, you can't be in the corner of a person and not be sanctioned. Also you have to stay at a specific place and aren't allowed to walk around during the fight.

Mark Goddard enforced the rules, it's his job. How can you shit on him for that?

You're stupid. The commission needs to SANCTION cornermen, you can't be in the corner of a person and not be sanctioned. Also you have to stay at a specific place and aren't allowed to walk around during the fight.

Mark Goddard enforced the rules, it's his job. How can you shit on him for that?

Lobov and Fili didn't break any rules. Goddard could have told Connor to shut up in between rounds not during a crucial part of the fight where he had to stop the action and make a big deal about it. It's obvious he saw Connor and wanted to get some attention by telling him to leave then when every1s watching he could have easily said that between rounds to Connor where no one would have known what happened and the fight wouldn't have been interrupted. It was unprofessional and dumb like u and I don't even like Connor mcgregor lol I just see this referee has made s lot of mistakes in the past and new shit keeps popping up one fight I was watching the guy kept getting poked in the eye and he never even got time to recover and was rushed back into action

Lobov and Fili didn't break any rules. Goddard could have told Connor to shut up in between rounds not during a crucial part of the fight where he had to stop the action and make a big deal about it. It's obvious he saw Connor and wanted to get some attention by telling him to leave then when every1s watching he could have easily said that between rounds to Connor where no one would have known what happened and the fight wouldn't have been interrupted. It was unprofessional and dumb like u and I don't even like Connor mcgregor lol I just see this referee has made s lot of mistakes in the past and new shit keeps popping up one fight I was watching the guy kept getting poked in the eye and he never even got time to recover and was rushed back into action

Blah blah.

Conor wasn't sanctioned as a cornerman. Goddard had to remove him, he did his job.
What don't you understand? Every good ref would've done that.

Fans yell all the time shouting shit that doesn't mean he was trying to be a corner man lol cmon Goddard acting like he run the whole shit it's not about him it's about the fighters

For example i believe if a fighter stops the takedown due to grabbing the fence, he will put them on the ground....even though there was no takedown completed. But how do you know the position that the takedown will result? you dont.

That should be a rule. If it is already, every referee should use it. Grab fence during takedown attempt = restart on ground in side control or half-guard and count it as a takedown.

Why does Mark Goddard interfere so much in the fight compared to other referees?. I have seen him in many fights, stopping the fight to give lectures to the fighters mid-round, allowing them to get a 30 seconds rest.

It might seem far fetched but if Goddard was reffing, and a fighter was gassed they might try kicking the opponent in the balls in order to get a 45 second long rest during my lecture.

There is 2 men in a fight, not 3, and there should be minimal input from other people. The job of the referee is to officiate the fight, not to teach the guys how to fight, not to teach the rules and how to follow them. Not to play the puppet master of the fight!

For example i believe if a fighter stops the takedown due to grabbing the fence, he will put them on the ground....even though there was no takedown completed. But how do you know the position that the takedown will result? you dont.

Do people agree with me that a fight is 2 people? or do you think that the ref should control the action more?

NgPHwyj.png

I think if a fighter grabs the fence, he should be punished by restarting the fight on the ground.
Yes, we don't know what position they would end up with, but it would end up with both fighters on the ground, so that's where it should reset at.
Oh, and a point should be deducted.

what i don't like is this calling fighter's attention when a point deduction would be a lot more efficient.

Fighters are supposed to know the rules.
Any intentional breaking of those rules should result in a point being deducted.

If that was happening, fighters would be a lot more attemptive on not breaking those rules.

That should be a rule. If it is already, every referee should use it. Grab fence during takedown attempt = restart on ground in side control or half-guard and count it as a takedown.

Did he really do that? If so that's so fucking dumb lol people grab the fence out of instinct sometimes not meaning to do it if there's going to be any action it should be a point deduction not a restart on the ground that is the dumbest thing I ever heard which fight does this happen in?

I can't stand a ref that wants to be part of the show, and I really can't stand it when they affect the outcome of the fight.
What about when an audience member is being loud and disruptive? When this person is trying to be a roving extra corner man? You're ok with that but the refs actions are what you can't stand?

Did he really do that? If so that's so fucking dumb lol people grab the fence out of instinct sometimes not meaning to do it if there's going to be any action it should be a point deduction not a restart on the ground that is the dumbest thing I ever heard which fight does this happen in?

Not sure if it has been done, but it should.

So if you grab the cage instinctively to stop a takedown ("not meaning to do it"), they should take a point from you immediately instead of restarting on the ground? Great idea buddy.

For example, Aldo stopped a takedown by grabbing the cage against Mendes and then won via KO just a minute later or so. Aldo did stop another takedown in between but who knows what would have happened if Mendes actually completed the first TD? As it is right now you get away with cheating a couple times before they take a point away.

Not sure if it has been done, but it should.

So if you grab the cage instinctively to stop a takedown ("not meaning to do it"), they should take a point from you immediately instead of restarting on the ground? Great idea buddy.

For example, Aldo stopped a takedown by grabbing the cage against Mendes and then won via KO just a minute later or so. Aldo did stop another takedown in between but who knows what would have happened if Mendes actually completed the first TD? As it is right now you get away with cheating a couple times before they take a point away.

U can't play Nostradamus n predict how shit could have gone n place them in positions u gotta be a fucking dumbass to think that LOLLLLL

U can't play Nostradamus n predict how shit could have gone n place them in positions u gotta be a fucking dumbass to think that LOLLLLL

Lol are you really that autistic? I never predicted anything, I said that it could have changed the course of the fight.

If someone grabs the fence instinctively, you shouldn't punish them by taking away a point immediately, just restart them where they would have ended up - the ground. Fair play.

He’s the best ref currently going for me.

Lol are you really that autistic? I never predicted anything, I said that it could have changed the course of the fight.

If someone grabs the fence instinctively, you shouldn't punish them by taking away a point immediately, just restart them where they would have ended up - the ground. Fair play.

But just cause u grabbed the cage doesn't mean u were gonna end up on the ground

Back