Keep your nose out Mark Goddard, stop interfering.

He's a fine ref in terms of stoppages and upholding the rules, but if TS's concern is about interjecting himself, no one does that more than Big John. He barks orders at both fighters all damn fight. If he has nothing to correct, he makes things up to yap about.

Sure, but he's in way more control of a fight than most refs. I rather have him be loud and be competent at his job, than a mute who lets the fight get away from him.

Big fan of Beltran and Herzog too

Why does Mark Goddard interfere so much in the fight compared to other referees?. I have seen him in many fights, stopping the fight to give lectures to the fighters mid-round, allowing them to get a 30 seconds rest.

It might seem far fetched but if Goddard was reffing, and a fighter was gassed they might try kicking the opponent in the balls in order to get a 45 second long rest during my lecture.

There is 2 men in a fight, not 3, and there should be minimal input from other people. The job of the referee is to officiate the fight, not to teach the guys how to fight, not to teach the rules and how to follow them. Not to play the puppet master of the fight!

For example i believe if a fighter stops the takedown due to grabbing the fence, he will put them on the ground....even though there was no takedown completed. But how do you know the position that the takedown will result? you dont.

Do people agree with me that a fight is 2 people? or do you think that the ref should control the action more?

NgPHwyj.png
if a gassed fighter kicks another one low he gets up to a 5 min rest a ass chewing from the ref ain't going to change that. Refs are in there to make sure shit stays legit it isn't like BJM arguing with Josh Neer due to a fighter just laying on him or arguing with Belfort over a cut caused by a headbutt in the 3rd Belfort vs Couture fight. As for fence grabbing you ever see Arlovski vs Aaron Brink if a fighter grabs the fence warn him but if it leads to an advantage for the fighter that did the foul then stop the fight an reset it. Refs have a pretty hard time sometimes and I rather them get involved then just letting shit slide like warning to take a point but never doing it like Maia vs Woodley. Or when Dan Miragliotta let Alvarez keep breaking rules in his fight with Josh Neer due to Neer calling Miragliotta out on being buddy buddy when he let Kurt Pellegrino just lay on top of Neer for 3 rounds not doing shit but waiting for Neer to scramble to his feet so he could take his back. And no I'm not Josh Neer

Back