Keeping my left hand up (I’m Orthodox)

MysticSnack

Mystical
@White
Reaction score
Any drills I can do on the bags or with a partner to keep my left hand up? Sometimes I drop my hands when I’m tired. Bad habit I rarely do it but sometimes I will catch myself doing it or my teamates will tell me.

Your partner can punch you in the face if you leave yourself open. Not kidding, that's what boxing is.

I did this thing where I'd use handwrsps and tie it around so I'm forced to keep that habit.

Another one is when regular shadow boxing. Keep the non attacking hand gued to your face, and throw. Wheb you do this drill try to feel naked if your hand wasn't there during the strike.

And you don't have to say "I'm orthodox", just say I'm normal

Any drills I can do on the bags or with a partner to keep my left hand up? Sometimes I drop my hands when I’m tired. Bad habit I rarely do it but sometimes I will catch myself doing it or my teamates will tell me.

keeping your hands up is one of those things thats like keeping your chin down. Everyone can improve on it regardless.

as people have said, the best thing to make you keep that hand up is getting hit when you drop it. you can do this with sparring, pad, and partner drills.

Another thing we might want to look at.........you said you drop your hands when your tired, perhaps the issue is not dropping your hands, but your stamina.

You can use a yoga strap (not sure if it has another name). From behind the neck to your hands... It will also help you with getting your fist back fast after a punch and not been lazy with it.

I also have that bad habit but at least I turn in that Maywheaterish stance but I hate it. I always wanted to be that high guard guy who when has his glove touched trows a counter.

Your partner can punch you in the face if you leave yourself open. Not kidding, that's what boxing is.

hahah stole the words from my fingers.. honestly this is the only thing that works for me

partners can do this both while in drills/sparring.. only takes one hard shot and ohhh forgot about this, gotta keep my hands up

When you throw your right hand, tap yourself on the temple with your left.

Back