Keith Thurman to fight Josesito Lopez in October?

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/07/keith-thurman-to-fight-josesito-lopez-next-says-angel-garcia/

“He didn’t vacate. They stripped him,” Angel Garcia said to Thaboxingvoice about the World Boxing Council supposedly stripping Thurman of his WBC welterweight title on April 24. ”Let’s get that straight. What’s the WBA waiting for? Strip him, he’s hurt. He’ll never be the same ever again,”Angel said about his theory that Thurman’s injured left elbow will keep him from ever being the fighter he once was. ”I promise you that. I’m going to give you the straight scoop gossip. He’ll never be the same, man. Josesito Lopez is going to beat him like he did Victor Ortiz,” Angel said.

One Time within 6 rounds.

this is a pretty meh match up barring a war or surprise performance from Lopez i have a hard time seeing myself watching this for free when it hits the internet.
thurman should get in the ring with Spence..

After all the brain damage I hope Lopez gets enough to live decently when he hangs them up.

Thurmans done.
He'll struggle in this and probably lose his next one if he faces a top WW again.

I get that Thurman needs a tune up. I don't complain. I do worry that for his style of fight, he sure is wasting the best years of his fighting career. Injury or not. I don't care, it's just happening to someone that was on their way to making big waves.

I get that Thurman needs a tune up. I don't complain. I do worry that for his style of fight, he sure is wasting the best years of his fighting career. Injury or not. I don't care, it's just happening to someone that was on their way to making big waves.
Its been about a year and a half since hes fought.
I think hes done. Hasn't really KO'd someone in 5 years. Collazo if i remember correctly was stopped due to an eye injury? But I guess that's technically his last stoppage and that was over 3 years ago.

I'll be shocked if Thurman stays elite, I said it a while ago, he got injured then got married and he's all thinking about making babies and retirement. I don't think he is there mentally much less physically. I think Pac could take him...in Asia ;)

I'll be shocked if Thurman stays elite, I said it a while ago, he got injured then got married and he's all thinking about making babies and retirement. I don't think he is there mentally much less physically. I think Pac could take him...in Asia ;)
I agree with you.

What a stupid article

“If Garcia is lucky enough to beat Porter”??

Like anyone cares what Angel Garcia thinks about someone that beat his son.

”Per Steve Espinoza in my lengthy interview with him on this week’s Boxing Beat, he could be back around October and might wind up on the undercard of a big event, perhaps Spence-Garcia,” Dan Rafael of ESPN.com said during his chat on Friday.

The opponent that is being mentioned as Thurman’s opponent is Josesito Lopez (36-7, 19 KOs). Lopez. 34, has won his last three fights since being stopped in the 6th round by Andre Berto three years ago in 2015.

Back