Keith Thurman Vacates WBC Title, Garcia-Porter Ordered

that sucks, but hey, atleast we'll get Porter-Garcia

Hopefully it happens. It should be a good fight that will probably go to a close decision.

Not to be a conspiricist but I have a feeling Haymon/PBC told him to drop it.

Similar to how he got "injured" when they couldnt find an opponent for him for May 19th and time was running and they gave up the venue.

With him vacating the belt, it makes Porter/Garcia a much bigger attraction.

Not to be a conspiricist but I have a feeling Haymon/PBC told him to drop it.

Similar to how he got "injured" when they couldnt find an opponent for him for May 19th and time was running and they gave up the venue.

With him vacating the belt, it makes Porter/Garcia a much bigger attraction.
He probably just doesn't want to fight Porter or Garcia again.

Nothing wrong with that. He's been out for a year, nursed an injury and has already beaten both boxers.
He should pursue a weaker opponent for now before we see him up against potentially the Pac-Matthysse winner (WBA regular champ) and then someone like Spence.

Always sucks to lose a belt due to injury but when you haven't had a fight in the last 14 months and don't have an upcoming fight signed the boxing world moves on.

I'm sure he will take on the winner of Garcia/Porter instead of face Spence anyway so all this really does is delay the fight that was coming anyway.

The fun part is that Danny and Shawn don't want to fight each other at all. They both want Thurman but now they have to go through each other first. Which is fair since Thurman beat them both. I actually think Danny/Shawn is a more exciting fight than either guy facing Thurman. Porter only goes forward and Garcia can't really box going back either. A real slugfest with lots of infighting is on the horizon!

Always sucks to lose a belt due to injury but when you haven't had a fight in the last 14 months and don't have an upcoming fight signed the boxing world moves on.

I'm sure he will take on the winner of Garcia/Porter instead of face Spence anyway so all this really does is delay the fight that was coming anyway.

The fun part is that Danny and Shawn don't want to fight each other at all. They both want Thurman but now they have to go through each other first. Which is fair since Thurman beat them both. I actually think Danny/Shawn is a more exciting fight than either guy facing Thurman. Porter only goes forward and Garcia can't really box going back either. A real slugfest with lots of infighting is on the horizon!
Fuck outta here. This is the danny Garcia show.

Really clever "move" when you think about it.. He get's a gaurenteed shot at his "mando" when he comes back (but now he only has to face one of them, as wbc had both of them as first and second mando). Pushes the fight with Spence waaaayy back. Now all he has to do is come back, do a "tune up" against a no hoper, then he can regain his wbc title vs what would've been his mando anyway (without time pressure). Meanwhile Spence and Crawford will have pressure to face each other, due to lack of legit opposition. Instead of going through a gauntlet of top4, he can now do 2 fights straight to the top.

Really clever "move" when you think about it.. He get's a gaurenteed shot at his "mando" when he comes back (but now he only has to face one of them, as wbc had both of them as first and second mando). Pushes the fight with Spence waaaayy back. Now all he has to do is come back, do a "tune up" against a no hoper, then he can regain his wbc title vs what would've been his mando anyway (without time pressure). Meanwhile Spence and Crawford will have pressure to face each other, due to lack of legit opposition. Instead of going through a gauntlet of top4, he can now do 2 fights straight to the top.

Yeah but it's fair because there is no fucking way Danny Garcia earned a rematch with Thurman by beating a bloated brain damaged Brandon fucking Rios.

Porter lost to Thurman TWO YEARS AGO and since then he's only fought Berto and Granados both of which are barely even tune up fights.

I am sick of guys losing a big fight and just crushing cans until they get the rematch. What happened to earning that shit? Making Danny fight Shawn is exactly what they both deserve. An actual fight. Hell now it's for a legit belt so they both managed to sit on the sidelines long enough to get another championship shot without facing an opponent with a pulse.

Both Danny and Porter can make for fun fights if they have the right opponent, but this fight sounds like it might be pretty dull to me. I have to give the edge to Shawn just b/c he has a suffocating style that Danny might not respond too well to, he's not known as a great inside fighter and Shawn's got a tough to emulate which is also very taxing on guys that aren't used to it. Both guys have awkward styles, it's tough to cap this one but it's a high level fight.

Want to see Thurman in there again against somebody good sometime soon. Don't know what the issue is but injuries have been a big issue for him for awhile now. He's been in a lot of good fights. Hope he can get back in there so E can knock him out.

Yeah but it's fair because there is no fucking way Danny Garcia earned a rematch with Thurman by beating a bloated brain damaged Brandon fucking Rios.

Porter lost to Thurman TWO YEARS AGO and since then he's only fought Berto and Granados both of which are barely even tune up fights.

I am sick of guys losing a big fight and just crushing cans until they get the rematch. What happened to earning that shit? Making Danny fight Shawn is exactly what they both deserve. An actual fight. Hell now it's for a legit belt so they both managed to sit on the sidelines long enough to get another championship shot without facing an opponent with a pulse.

I agree on the organizations making bullshit mandos. And yes Garcia and Porter should be fighting each other. But the fact that this pusges

Agree on the bullshit mandos at times from the orgs. But other then each other, Garcia and Porter didn't really have anyone else to fight (non champion that is). But the fact that this pushes back the biggest challenge that Thurman has in the WW division, for another 1 1/2 half - 2 years sucks a bit. And sounds like a situation the suit Thurman alot

Sucks to see one time out for so long

I really want to see him up against Errol , he has a legit shot of beating him atm

Danny Garcia is still the top ranked contender for the WBC title . Not really sure how he hasn't earned a shot. Who else has?

Danny earned a rematch with Thurman because the fight was close and Danny could of won, if he was more aggressive and the fight was entertaining.

But 2 more years of Gracie and Porter and Thurman, all having rematch after rematch, while Spence and Crawford are both fighting nobodies or number ones is not what the fans are waiting for and wont except, because then we will never get the super fights we are waiting for.

Look how long and how many years it took Floyd and Manny to fight and now we have a loaded weight class, with top fighters stacked and it's been a year already and nobodies even trying to fight yet, except Spence and Crawford and Crawford"s only problem would be Bob Arum and him making the super fights and not Spence or Crawford and Garcia hasn't even talked, he's waiting for Thurman who's on vacation it's been two years, after his surgery and he's now giving belts up.

Look for another year or two before the truly big boys fight like Crawford, Spence and Thurman ever fight, because everyone is looking at rematch after rematch after rematch.

Watch Arum order and instant rematch if Crawford doesn't destroy Horn or if the judges make the fight close, but Crawford actually won easily. Then it's another year while they rematch and nobodies still fighting each other.

While 154 is already having the best fight the best and unifying all the belts and then Charlo will fight Hurd and this all happened in one year.

Back