Kell Brook

If anything, the past year has taught be never to underestimate the number of fucking retards in the US, I imagine its the same in the UK. So the number of people hating on him because he's a brown muslim dude might be much higher than you assume.

There have always been assholes like that though, its just now they have this anonymous voice they can spout thier shit on with no reprecussions.

This isnt a new thing, these people havent suddenly become assholes or retards, they just now have internet access

There have always been assholes like that though, its just now they have this anonymous voice they can spout thier shit on with no reprecussions.

This isnt a new thing, these people havent suddenly become assholes or retards, they just now have internet access

I agree. But we've also always assumed that they're a much smaller group than they are because they've never had a platform to help them coalesce.

That does not come from prejudice at all, stop talking nonesense.

The whole country absolutely adored Naseem Hamed, who was also an Asian fighter.

The reason people dislike Khan, is that they were force fed being told that he was a world champion before he had actually done anything at all, he was forced down our throats even when he was still an amatuer...they had his last amatuer fight on tv FFS anf with a sizeable crowd.

Then he starts his pro career and it was clear to see that he had severe vulnerabilities, but still we were fed this great Khan from Bolton was a big superstar, even when he was getting knocked down by the likes of Willie Limmond. Then he got absolutely sensationally knocked out by Prescott...and everyone just went "told you so"

After that fact, he continued to try and scam the public into thinking he was some kind of superstar, and while he did well to progress his skillset and win some good fights, the initial Khan push just made everyone hate him

Plus he is a fucking bellend

As I stated in my post people do hate on him because he’s a dick, but let’s be honest here, plenty don’t like him because he’s Pakistani origin. It’s naive to try and compare him to hamed as times are very different now compared to the 90s. And hamed was far from universally adored as well.

Well you are always are going to get fucking retards hating on people due to the color of thier skin or religious beliefs...thats just standard

I personally think Khan is a good fighter, but cant stand him due to what was in my other post...he was forced down everyones throats as some superstar and has always shown how much of a dick he is

Its like the fuckheads who think people hate Tyson Fury because he is a gypsy....nope...its because he is a cock...its a surefire way to get people to dislike you

Yet people refer to him as a pikey this and that? Plenty of people don’t like him because of his background, regardless of whether he’s a bellend. Not sure you live in the real world pal

serious question, why the hate for khan? ive never understood it. i love the guy as a fighter, a guy with glass, but dont give two fuks and fights everyone. hes willing to take the chance that his will get there quicker than yours. a lot of guys find out theyre packing glass and their careers are over

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/447375

khans got glass, everyone knows hes got glass, he dont give a fuk

Probably because he's a bit of a delusional idiot and has said a lot of stupid things. Plus he's had numerous incidents with his cars including running some guy over who then couldn't work ever again and sadly passed away due to being a broken person from the crash.

Yet people refer to him as a pikey this and that? Plenty of people don’t like him because of his background, regardless of whether he’s a bellend. Not sure you live in the real world pal

Fucking idiots refer to him as a pikey, have you ever spoken to someone in real life, who is a boxing fan that has reffered to Khan as a pakistani or Fury as a pikey?

No...you fucking havent, these sort of people hide behind the internet...and they have always been there, they just got brave when the internet gave them anonimity

Fucking idiots refer to him as a pikey, have you ever spoken to someone in real life, who is a boxing fan that has reffered to Khan as a pakistani or Fury as a pikey?

No...you fucking havent, these sort of people hide behind the internet...and they have always been there, they just got brave when the internet gave them anonimity

I think a lot of people hide their true feelings for fear of being labelled a bigot. Like you say the internet makes them brave. We had a similar thing happen with Brexit. After Brexit was voted in a lot of people started getting racially abused because the perpetrators got brave enough as they thought that more people supported them then did before.

I think a lot of people hide their true feelings for fear of being labelled a bigot. Like you say the internet makes them brave. We had a similar thing happen with Brexit. After Brexit was voted in a lot of people started getting racially abused because the perpetrators got brave enough as they thought that more people supported them then did before.

This. Just because people don't spout their views publicly and under their own names does not mean they don't sincerely hold those views.

All the internet did was expose how many of these types there actually are, and they're more numerous than anyone thinks. We can't just write them off as idiots any longer. These "idiots" were instrumental in giving us Trump & Brexit precisely because everyone laughed them off.

This. Just because people don't spout their views publicly and under their own names does not mean they don't sincerely hold those views.

All the internet did was expose how many of these types there actually are, and they're more numerous than anyone thinks. We can't just write them off as idiots any longer. These "idiots" were instrumental in giving us Trump & Brexit precisely because everyone laughed them off.

Now you're getting a bit political, a lot of well educated people i know and work with, are extreme on both sides of the political fence, and they all come from different backgrounds.

I think this may be done if its going own that route, i dont mind talking about stuff but it has no place in a boxing forum IMO, and i certainly dont think Amir Khan is hated because of the color of his skin or his faith

Probably because he's a bit of a delusional idiot and has said a lot of stupid things. Plus he's had numerous incidents with his cars including running some guy over who then couldn't work ever again and sadly passed away due to being a broken person from the crash.

im not trying to defend khan but it appears that he was 20 years old at the time of the accident and wasnt drinking or on drugs.

couldve happened to any person of his age

As I stated in my post people do hate on him because he’s a dick, but let’s be honest here, plenty don’t like him because he’s Pakistani origin. It’s naive to try and compare him to hamed as times are very different now compared to the 90s. And hamed was far from universally adored as well.

I vaguely remember alot of my English friends being disgruntled at him waving a Pakistani flag during the 2004 olympics while representing Great Britain. This coupled with his big mouth, followed by getting knocked out repeatedly didnt help his rep

I always forget that Brits call Indians and Paki's Asians. We usually keep that for the............ Asians, I don't know the correct term for them other than Asians but you know what I mean. Hope Paki isn't an epithet. Ignorance and such.

I vaguely remember alot of my English friends being disgruntled at him waving a Pakistani flag during the 2004 olympics while representing Great Britain. This coupled with his big mouth, followed by getting knocked out repeatedly didnt help his rep

noting wrong with a guy getting knocked out. lennox is arguably the most recognized boxer from the UK and hes been knocked out twice

you fight the best and getting ktfo happens and its what you do afterwards that matters.

When i hear someone type 'a lot of my English friends' it kind of makes me think you consider friends people you speak to on the internet

I imagine you have never been to England in your life, or if you have, you been to a very small city

I always forget that Brits call Indians and Paki's Asians. We usually keep that for the............ Asians, I don't know the correct term for them other than Asians but you know what I mean. Hope Paki isn't an epithet. Ignorance and such.

Indians & Pakistanis are Asian (south Asian). The reason they're called Asian in the UK is because there's far more of them than east Asians. East Asians are no more 'Asian' than south Asians.

I live in Bolton and the first boxing gym I trained at was one that Khan opened here. I've heard people refer to him as a Paki plenty, and he did get shit for the Pakistani flag at the Olympics from people.

I'm not a fan of Khan because of his style and I don't think he'd be popular whatever his ethnicity for a variety of reasons, but it is what it is.

Indians & Pakistanis are Asian (south Asian). The reason they're called Asian in the UK is because there's far more of them than east Asians. East Asians are no more 'Asian' than south Asians.
They're technically Asian, we don't call them that here, tho. I forget that you guys do that, why I mentioned it. No right or wrong here, I think you might be seeing it that way, but I don't. Just a small cultural difference that I find interesting. We call them Middle Easterners or Indians. Asia is a big fucking continent. A lot of Americans don't consider Brits to be Europeans even tho you technically are. We just call you Brits or Irish/Scots etc.

When i hear someone type 'a lot of my English friends' it kind of makes me think you consider friends people you speak to on the internet

I imagine you have never been to England in your life, or if you have, you been to a very small city

lol cool. I'm a former British soldier.

noting wrong with a guy getting knocked out. lennox is arguably the most recognized boxer from the UK and hes been knocked out twice

you fight the best and getting ktfo happens and its what you do afterwards that matters.

I agree on those points- I was answering a poster on here as to why the UK doesnt seem to like him generally speaking. I don't like him for his personality outside the ring.

Now you're getting a bit political, a lot of well educated people i know and work with, are extreme on both sides of the political fence, and they all come from different backgrounds.

I think this may be done if its going own that route, i dont mind talking about stuff but it has no place in a boxing forum IMO, and i certainly dont think Amir Khan is hated because of the color of his skin or his faith

We're talking about race dude, it's inherently political. You're getting strangely defensive at the notion that part of the Amir Khan hate is racism, and i'm calling BS on you because I see the exact same attitude here in the US when the topic of black athletes comes up in any controversy, there are white Americans who will swear up and down that race has absolutely nothing to do with the vitriolic hate that Kaepernick or Lebron get, which is a claim that is palpably absurd. Your perspective is your own and frankly it does not sound credible from my experience of similiar situations here in the states. This is not that complicated, part (not all) of why AK is hated is because he's an Asian muslim, but you can relax because that doesn't mean that all white brits are racist. No need to get defensive about this.

Last edited:
Back