Kellyanne Conway interview with Jake Tapper

Cocrehamster

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

This interview is both simultaneously comical and infuriating. I can't wait to see what SNL does with it.

Can we at least get an acknowledgement from some Trump supporters that he frequently makes factually inaccurate statements?

And he does it while at the same time accusing other people of being dishonest.

Are you satisfied with the answers provided by this representative of the White House?

Every answer was a completely bullshit non-answer. I don't think she answered a single question in the entire 25 minute interview.

It is pretty ironic that Trump and co. go on and on about misleading information.

Trump is poor at choosing his words and the left plays dumb and runs with it. There's fault on both sides.

Trump is poor at choosing his words and the left plays dumb and runs with it. There's fault on both sides.

So you're saying that the President claiming murder rates are at a 45-47 year high is just a poor choice of words? It's not just an exaggeration, it's a completely inaccurate, nowhere close to the truth, lie. Watch the interview. And that is just one example.

Damn, I don't watch CNN but this is awful. I give Jake a little credit here, he has grown a spine.

She literally isn't answering anything. At all. This is weird, the entire administration is seriously so sensitive. Why on earth would they pick a fight with the media? Don't they have bigger fish to fry?

Trump is lucky none of his supporters will watch this kind of thing. They are too busy fuming about college kids protesting and calling everyone cucks.

Also lol @ the Trump supporters justifying this without even watching the video.

So you're saying that the President claiming murder rates are at a 45-47 year high is just a poor choice of words? It's not just an exaggeration, it's a completely inaccurate, nowhere close to the truth, lie. Watch the interview. And that is just one example.

Was that the actual claim though, or was it the biggest increase over that period?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...claims-us-has-biggest-increase-murders-45-ye/

Can't say I have looked into it, but if he was referring to an increase, then that is different than an overall rate.

The above link says the quote is:
"We have an increase in murder within our cities, the biggest in 45 years."

Which would then mean he is referring to the biggest increase in murder.

edit: Apparently there is another quote very similar but does say the rate is the highest in 45 years, which would then be false. Seems Trump has made a false statement on the same subject the second time.

Last edited:
I'm not gay but if I were I'd turn straight just to have a one night stand with Kelly Anne Conway. Fact

I watched a large portion of the interview, conway came off great despite the title, Jake came off as an unsuccessful attack dog.

That's true of some of the things he says, but then there are other things that are just ridiculous lies. I understand it during the election cycle, and I understand people overlooking it then as well, but now that he's in its time to stop that bullshit. People can't keep giving him a pass. There's the potential for a lot of good to be done by this administration but turning a blind eye to all the egregious bullshit he says isn't good for him or for anyone.

Trump needs to choose his words more carefully but it doesn't matter; the media will take it out of context or straight up lie anyway.

Was that the actual claim though, or was it the biggest increase over that period?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...claims-us-has-biggest-increase-murders-45-ye/

Can't say I have looked into it, but if he was referring to an increase, then that is different than an overall rate.

Here is a quote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...murder-rate-45-47-year-high-article-1.2966361

Trump said that the U.S. murder rate was the highest it had been "in 45 to 47 years" — a claim he had also made on the campaign trail numerous times.

"I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't like to tell it like it is," Trump said during the meeting with sheriffs. "It wasn't to their advantage to say that. The murder rate is the highest it's been in 45 to 47 years."

Stopped at Tapper trying to spin the Iraq war as a lesser evil than what Putin has done.

Actually, if you check your link that is what he said October 9th. Politifact and the press called him out on it and then yesterday he said:

"I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't like to tell it like it is," Trump said during a meeting with US sheriffs at the White House. "It wasn't to their advantage to say that. The murder rate is the highest it's been in I guess 45-47 years."

That means that even after he was corrected he has continued to tell the lie. Either that or he isn't smart enough to tell the difference between the murder rate and the increase in the murder rate.

Here is a quote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...murder-rate-45-47-year-high-article-1.2966361

Trump said that the U.S. murder rate was the highest it had been "in 45 to 47 years" — a claim he had also made on the campaign trail numerous times.

"I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't like to tell it like it is," Trump said during the meeting with sheriffs. "It wasn't to their advantage to say that. The murder rate is the highest it's been in 45 to 47 years."

Yup I just noticed that and updated my post. The earlier statement about rate increase looks to be correct but the one about rate is false.

Back