Kellyanne Conway interview with Jake Tapper

all news interviews should have to be done as a confessional with a priest.
041202_confession.gif

Damn, I don't watch CNN but this is awful. I give Jake a little credit here, he has grown a spine.

She literally isn't answering anything. At all. This is weird, the entire administration is seriously so sensitive. Why on earth would they pick a fight with the media? Don't they have bigger fish to fry?

Trump is lucky none of his supporters will watch this kind of thing. They are too busy fuming about college kids protesting and calling everyone cucks.

Also lol @ the Trump supporters justifying this without even watching the video.
considering that Jake went over that issue OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...... Trump was right. The video was a gotcha video, and TS and you just assumed that Trump was wrong on that issue. Conway also rebutted the terrorism coverage claim just fine.

Here is a quote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...murder-rate-45-47-year-high-article-1.2966361

Trump said that the U.S. murder rate was the highest it had been "in 45 to 47 years" — a claim he had also made on the campaign trail numerous times.

"I'd say that in a speech and everybody was surprised because the press doesn't like to tell it like it is," Trump said during the meeting with sheriffs. "It wasn't to their advantage to say that. The murder rate is the highest it's been in 45 to 47 years."
uh, did you bother with the polifact that rebuts this claim? There's video of him saying it against hilary during the debates.... he was referring to the increase...

uh, did you bother with the polifact that rebuts this claim? There's video of him saying it against hilary during the debates.... he was referring to the increase...

Politicfact was before the quote in question. Did you bother reading the 23 post thread?

considering that Jake went over that issue OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...... Trump was right. The video was a gotcha video, and TS and you just assumed that Trump was wrong on that issue. Conway also rebutted the terrorism coverage claim just fine.

That is not a 'gotcha' video. Did you watch the video?

You know what, never mind.

And just so you know - it's easy to have a big rate of increase with even a small absolute increase once the rate gets so low. The rate never got below 5 per 100k until 2010, and fell down to 4.5 for a couple years then up to 4.9 in 2015. Do we really need drastic reactionary policies?

Actually, Trump is completely wrong. His "fact" is not true. This was pointed out in October but he said the same thing again. What I can't understand is why he would attack the press for not covering terrorist attacks and then the Whitehouse would then release a list of terrorist attacks that had not been covered enough that includes Nice, Paris, Hebdo and others that had been clearly been covered extensively. It makes him look stupid. Why not just release a list a attacks that were not covered? He clearly needs to pull together a better staff than he has now.

Also, I find it funny that Conway is upset about people being mean to the President when Trump publicly argued for 8 years that Obama could not be president because he was born in Kenya.

I don't envy her.

She's gotta try and rationalise all the nonsense that come's out of the orange one's piehole.

All things considered, I think she does about a good a job as one could hope.

Politicfact was before the quote in question. Did you bother reading the 23 post thread?
Gotcha moment, I concede.

It's really as newsworthy as when clinton mentions "Raise taxes for the middle class" mentioned by nobody ever. We know what Trump meant has he's already gone over this point during the campaign trail.
And just so you know - it's easy to have a big rate of increase with even a small absolute increase once the rate gets so low. The rate never got below 5 per 100k until 2010, and fell down to 4.5 for a couple years then up to 4.9 in 2015. Do we really need drastic reactionary policies?
no we dont, I dont know if there was one put in place. Overall rate is still low, but for places like Chicago, you probably have to do something as drastic as moving gang units to live in troubling neighborhoods. It's also noteworthy when something trends like that.

Actually, Trump is completely wrong. His "fact" is not true. This was pointed out in October but he said the same thing again. What I can't understand is why he would attack the press for not covering terrorist attacks and then the Whitehouse would then release a list of terrorist attacks that had not been covered enough that includes Nice, Paris, Hebdo and others that had been clearly been covered extensively. It makes him look stupid. Why not just release a list a attacks that were not covered? He clearly needs to pull together a better staff than he has now.

Also, I find it funny that Conway is upset about people being mean to the President when Trump publicly argued for 8 years that Obama could not be president because he was born in Kenya.
it's a gaffe, and Jake was taking Conway to the bank on that. No different than Hilary's gaff on raising taxes on the middle class (she meant the rich). It's not like he Trump hasnt mentioned this fact on the campaign trail, all the sudden he mentions rate vs increase and Jake's world explodes.......

Trump makes Stephen Hawking look like a fucking retard and CNN are a bunch of cry babies.

it's a gaffe, and Jake was taking Conway to the bank on that. No different than Hilary's gaff on raising taxes on the middle class (she meant the rich). It's not like he Trump hasnt mentioned this fact on the campaign trail, all the sudden he mentions rate vs increase and Jake's world explodes.......

If it is a gaffe, why does he keep saying the same wrong thing after being corrected? Or, if it was on a fact sheet provided to him before the Sheriff's meeting as Conway suggested what kind of idiots are working for him? They are providing incorrect data on crime and releasing lists of "uncovered" terrorist attacks that were covered extensively. Did a intern just google a list of terrorist attacks and release it to the press?

Trump makes Stephen Hawking look like a fucking retard and CNN are a bunch of cry babies.

Trump makes Hawking look eloquent and also Trump cries like a baby overtime someone says something mean about him.

It's not a gaffe though. Even if he means the year to year percentage increase, he makes it out to be big issue - and you agree it's not - and obviously wants to change policy. He's already talked about instituting stop and frisk and boasts about being the law and order president.

It's like he's inventing problems to "solve". It's just like how he decided we weren't doing deep enough vetting of refugees before he even knew what we were doing, despite our incredible record on refugee attacks. Whatever we we were doing, it wasn't enough, so Trump had to fix it.

If it is a gaffe, why does he keep saying the same wrong thing after being corrected? Or, if it was on a fact sheet provided to him before the Sheriff's meeting as Conway suggested what kind of idiots are working for him? They are providing incorrect data on crime and releasing lists of "uncovered" terrorist attacks that were covered extensively. Did a intern just google a list of terrorist attacks and release it to the press?
conway addressed the terrorists angle on the video, she was concerned about proportional coverage more than anything, so not really going to go over that. The murder rate should be easy enough and borderline common sense if you ask me. Shit has been going down for decades, I'm just assuming everyone already knows that. It's the increase that Trump campaigned on and was in a video saying it during the debates. How is it not a gaffe at this point?

Trump was saying it during the debates FFS, now the media is railing on him because he was caught saying it again, but wrongly... On Conway's point, how is that NOT bias? It would be like fox news, breibart, infowars, all railing on Hillary when she said "Raise taxes on the middle class". It was understood, and no one gave a hoot.

Trump is poor at choosing his words and the left plays dumb and runs with it. There's fault on both sides.
Trump makes up information to accommodate his feelings and desires. Why try to spin that? Just say yes, I like what he's doing or policies but admit when he does make shit up it's beyond stupid.
Instead I see people try to rationalize it; When he says 3 million voted illegally trump supporters say well it's plausible, look at this. There are numerous examples of you guys spinning obvious garbage information trump says by slandering fact checkers or agreeing with conspiracy theories or something.

It's not a gaffe though. Even if he means the year to year percentage increase, he makes it out to be big issue - and you agree it's not - and obviously wants to change policy. He's already talked about instituting stop and frisk and boasts about being the law and order president.

It's like he's inventing problems to "solve". It's just like how he decided we weren't doing deep enough vetting of refugees before he even knew what we were doing, despite our incredible record on refugee attacks. Whatever we we were doing, it wasn't enough, so Trump had to fix it.
Really?

"We have an increase in murder within our cities, the biggest in 45 years."

strikingly similar to:
"The murder rate is the highest it's been in I guess 45-47 years."

Back