Kellyanne Conway interview with Jake Tapper

conway addressed the terrorists angle on the video, she was concerned about proportional coverage more than anything, so not really going to go over that. The murder rate should be easy enough and borderline common sense if you ask me. Shit has been going down for decades, I'm just assuming everyone already knows that. It's the increase that Trump campaigned on and was in a video saying it during the debates. How is it not a gaffe at this point?

Trump was saying it during the debates FFS, now the media is railing on him because he was caught saying it again, but wrongly... On Conway's point, how is that NOT bias? It would be like fox news, breibart, infowars, all railing on Hillary when she said "Raise taxes on the middle class". It was understood, and no one gave a hoot.

But Trump wasn't even getting it right about the murder rate during the campaign. That's why Politifact ran the story.

Conway is really good at covering for Trump. Your are right, she is concerned about proportional coverage. If Trump means that the press is disproportionaly covering stuff other than terrorism why doesn't he just say that? That man has a graduate degree and runs a multi-billion dollar company - is speaking with clarity and precision too much to ask? Instead, he accuses the "dishonest press" of not covering stuff they did.

Giving Trump the benefit of the doubt, it is pretty damn stupid to to attack the press for failing to cover things (terrorism coverage and murder rate) that are, in the way that he states them, not true. I know that when I am going to call out a contractor, customer or supplier of mine I get my ducks in a row and my language precise.

Really?

"We have an increase in murder within our cities, the biggest in 45 years."

strikingly similar to:
"The murder rate is the highest it's been in I guess 45-47 years."

I don't think you read my post. You are responding with something I adressed in my second sentence. If you want to respond to my post, please do.

Was that the actual claim though, or was it the biggest increase over that period?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...claims-us-has-biggest-increase-murders-45-ye/

Can't say I have looked into it, but if he was referring to an increase, then that is different than an overall rate.

The above link says the quote is:
"We have an increase in murder within our cities, the biggest in 45 years."

Which would then mean he is referring to the biggest increase in murder.

edit: Apparently there is another quote very similar but does say the rate is the highest in 45 years, which would then be false. Seems Trump has made a false statement on the same subject the second time.

he misspeaks too much. Same with the alternative facts thing, conway misspoke. They need to slow down, take a deep breath, and then talk to the media.

Trump's timing belt for his mouth/brain has obviously slipped a couple teeth.

That jake tapper guy is a real weirdo...

Kelly is a bad ass B

Back