Kelvin is a betting underdog against Jacare?

He was throwing around Whittaker until his pectoral tore.
No he wasn't
Literally secured 1 take down which had a sloppy entry, took the back and got shook of when he got too high

The fight was almost entirely a stand-up fight
Kelvin's quickness will give him the same problems Whittaker's did.

Pick em fight. Kelvin has fast hands, power, and could've KOed Weidman in R1 if he pressured a bit more. Weidman is also a bigger blanket than Jacare, so to speak. Has underrated BJJ also. But old Jacare seems better than USADA Weidman, to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if Jacare plays it safe until he gets a takedown.

Kelvin +120
Jacare -150

In a 3 round fight, does anyone here agree with that?

Seems like a solid spot to take a big shot.

AlienatedThirstyIcelandgull-size_restricted.gif

Let's get this money playboys.

Jacare should be (by far) the favorite!

No he wasn't
Literally secured 1 take down which had a sloppy entry, took the back and got shook of when he got too high

The fight was almost entirely a stand-up fight
Kelvin's quickness will give him the same problems Whittaker's did.
He got 2 TDs but only secured 1 then you're right Whittaker shook him off and it was all stand up after that.

Stylistically, Kelvin is a bad matchup for Jacare. But Kelvin is a WW. Plenty of guys move up in weight and do well against mid-level opponents, but it's rare that they find success against elite competition in the weight class above. Jacare should be a bigger favorite for that reason alone.

Jacare might get busted up a bit in this one, but my guess is that Jacare secures a takedown at some point and crushes Kelvin from top position.

Hell yes, if Jacare has 60% left he beats Kelvin in 2 rds

It's a close fight. I'd put some money on kelvin by tko

Pick em fight. Kelvin has fast hands, power, and could've KOed Weidman in R1 if he pressured a bit more. Weidman is also a bigger blanket than Jacare, so to speak. Has underrated BJJ also. But old Jacare seems better than USADA Weidman, to be honest. Wouldn't be surprised if Jacare plays it safe until he gets a takedown.
Agreed with all that. Good analysis. I would argue though that Jacare should play it safe until he gets a TD...that would mean staying on the feet until he sees an opportunity to hit a TD. It's very hard to play it safe on the feet with Kelvin, he's one if the best pressure boxers at MW. Unless you willingling engage him in a firefight, he's going to drag you into the pocket pretty quickly.

Jacare should be spamming TDs, even if he doesn't get it straight away.

....You remember Kelvin losing to Neil, right?

Or more recently Chris dominating him for all but like 15 seconds of the fight?

I rate Kelvin really highly, I see him outclassing Jacare on the feet and surviving on the mat.

Really wish he'd go back to 170, coz I think he could be the main man at that weight class.
You see him surviving jacare on the mar when he couldn’t survive weidman?

If the guy wins even 7 times out of 10, then yes it certainly is. And at this point I think Kelvin wins at least 8 out of 10.

I think it comes down to Jacare, at best, needing a submission to win in the 3rd. And maybe the fight is tough enough that he gets it 1 or 2 times out of 10.

8/10

{<huh}

I think this is a coin flip, slight edge to Jacare

What's surprising? Jacare is a better fighter.

Kelvin is very underrated he's a top 5 best boxer in ufc

I rate Kelvin really highly, I see him outclassing Jacare on the feet and surviving on the mat.

Really wish he'd go back to 170, coz I think he could be the main man at that weight class.

Kelvin has better hands than pretty much anyone at MW besides perhaps the champ, but he isn't as versatile a striker as Jacare, and his ground game is not outstanding.

I agree with the odds, although I think Kelvin could be nudged a bit closer toward even.

If The Chris can work Kelvin that easily on the ground I don't see why Jacare wouldn't be able to do the same. Kelvin has a good chance on the feet because of the speed advantage but I have a feeling the minute Jacare gets a hold of him the fight is over. Would honestly put money on Jacare out of the two of them with those odds.

I'm on Jacare at -130. Size will be a factor like it was with Weidman, and Jacare will manhandle Kelvin on the ground if he gets it there.

If you're betting Gastelum, you'll get better odds on Gas by ko/tko, which is by far his most likely path to victory

Back