Ken Shamrock vs Sam Adkins

Hmmm...I actually have a lil bit more hespect for his skillset...

When you think about it, this was a guy, a complete rookie, who went to
Funaki´s gym knowing very little about the ground game, but then
went on to work on it to the point where he became a force in early Pancrase.

This same guy, later, managed to neutralize Beast´s wrestling [ok, not in
his physical prime, but still...]

That´s impressive, imo.
Agreed well said

His fight with sakuraba. And the latest Royce fight. That actually bothered me.
He wanted this fight so bad and feigned a nut shot.
I’ve been hit in the balls Dozens and dozens of times. He tried to flop for the ref and play dead imo.
Yeah he loOked good against fujita and I think Otsuka
And when he cornered Mezger against sakuraba was odd .
Sure It was fucked up. But no need to send him Back to the locker room.
Mezger was the better fighter that night. It was his night.
I do think he was bit out of order in saku mezger fight but rules got changed in between fight that's why he kicked off
And showed his dominance he scared the shit out of pride staff backstage afterwards

You’re probably right. I haven’t seen the fight in over a decade. I thought guy won the fight everywhere and I thought he clearly won.
There were no overtime’s and a winner had to be decided. That’s not what happened. Shamrock made guy quit which was lame.

Fair or not. Saku winning was the best result as we got to see saku vs Royce.
Ken wanted to "Crocop' them...

Indeed, this fight was tricky to score, since the scoring system was pretty complex, and many factors had to be considered in this fight...

Personally, I agreed with the draw...

Kinda bummed out Mezger didnt get the nod, he wouldve punked Royce

Bellator or somebody need to get Shamrock back in there. He is a ratings draw and needs the money.

Shamrock v Gracie 4
Shamrock v Tank
Etc.

You’re probably right. I haven’t seen the fight in over a decade. I thought guy won the fight everywhere and I thought he clearly won.
There were no overtime’s and a winner had to be decided. That’s not what happened. Shamrock made guy quit which was lame.

Fair or not. Saku winning was the best result as we got to see saku vs Royce.
End of day ken was protecting his fighter

He enjoyed the attention I think vs saku 2000 he showed his dominance still
How about if Tito and Mezger would have fought that 3rd time? You seem to actually appreciate the old school Lions Den guys. I think itd been interesting

How about if Tito and Mezger would have fought that 3rd time? You seem to actually appreciate the old school Lions Den guys. I think itd been interesting
Probably favour Tito
He was getting better
He'd never beat prime ken though

What do you think would have happened to Ken if he fought Igor Vovchancyn? They were suppose to fight, then Tra Telligman stepped in as a replacement.

I think Ken would have gassed trying to control Igor or maybe gone for an ankle lock and ate some Igor bombs for his troubles.

I think Igor would've sent Ken to the hospital that night, but I guess we'll never know. Too bad it never happened. I know Igor really wanted that fight. Now, had they fought in 1996...that for sure could've been a competitive fight that I could see Ken possibly winning.

I think Igor would've sent Ken to the hospital that night, but I guess we'll never know. Too bad it never happened. I know Igor really wanted that fight. Now, had they fought in 1996...that for sure could've been a competitive fight that I could see Ken possibly winning.
I agree. Tra was always better with taking punishment. Took one clean shot after another from Pedro Rizzo like it was nothing and was still able to give some, damn fight was stopped due to a cut.

I agree. Tra was always better with taking punishment. Took one clean shot after another from Pedro Rizzo like it was nothing and was still able to give some, damn fight was stopped due to a cut.

Yet Vitor obliterated Tra in just over a minute. Young, juiced Vitor was a buzzsaw. I'm not sure if there's been another fighter since with that combo of speed, power and aggression. Of course, Vitor wasn't the most well-rounded fighter and he burned out if he didn't get a quick KO.. Couture gave a blueprint for beating him, but Vitor was still really dangerous early in the fight.

Probably favour Tito
He was getting better
He'd never beat prime ken though

Yep, prime Ken held his own with Severn in the wrestling department. I think he'd beat a young Tito (say in 1997 if Ken hadn't left for pro wrestling), but it would be a fun war. Ken probably gets a sub eventually. When they fought much later, Tito should've at least agreed to fight Ken (who was much older) at HW. I think the 240-pound Ken who beat Kimo in their rematch would've been a tougher fight for Tito than 205-pound Ken.

Bellator or somebody need to get Shamrock back in there. He is a ratings draw and needs the money.

Shamrock v Gracie 4
Shamrock v Tank
Etc.

I'm sure this is sarcastic, right? Tank couldn't even pass the physical when he last tried to fight (as a replacement for Ken against Dan Severn at some small event).

Back