Ken Shamrock vs Sam Adkins

I'm sure this is sarcastic, right? Tank couldn't even pass the physical when he last tried to fight (as a replacement for Ken against Dan Severn at some small event).
I'm still bewildered over Shamrock vs Gracie 3. Everything about it was just so damn weird

I was there in the arena for Shamrock vs Gracie 3(I ran into "The Giant Killer" Mark Hall and had about a 10 minute chat with him in the lobby, mind was blown), I really felt like the ref should have given them another chance to fight. I didn't understand why he was so quick to call the fight off, I'm thinking they would have scrapped pretty good if they got the chance to go back at it after the nut shot. From where I was sitting I thought Shamrock injured his arm or something the way he went down, I think maybe the ref thought the same thing? Ref looked lost and like he thought the fight was a joke, kinda snickering about it all when he walked out of the cage. Should have had Big John in there.

I'm still bewildered over Shamrock vs Gracie 3. Everything about it was just so damn weird

And Shamrock-Kimbo was even weirder (and totally rigged IMO). Then we had Kimbo-Dada 5000 (same card as Shamrock-Gracie 3 I think?). Dada collapses from exhaustion and almost dies of a heart attack after the fight. This is followed by Kimbo getting busted for roids, then Kimbo actually dying a few months later. Beyond weird.

5418.jpg

here's when Frank Shamrock came back from retirement against Brian Pordoe (sp) 2003 around the time Ken came back. If there was a perfect time for Ken and Frank to fight, it was during this time.
I remember buying that dvd back in the day

All of Kens fight since Sak have been suspect

Yep, prime Ken held his own with Severn in the wrestling department. I think he'd beat a young Tito (say in 1997 if Ken hadn't left for pro wrestling), but it would be a fun war. Ken probably gets a sub eventually. When they fought much later, Tito should've at least agreed to fight Ken (who was much older) at HW. I think the 240-pound Ken who beat Kimo in their rematch would've been a tougher fight for Tito than 205-pound Ken.
Defo
There is a reason why Tito ducked ken at hw

Yep, prime Ken held his own with Severn in the wrestling department. I think he'd beat a young Tito (say in 1997 if Ken hadn't left for pro wrestling), but it would be a fun war. Ken probably gets a sub eventually. When they fought much later, Tito should've at least agreed to fight Ken (who was much older) at HW. I think the 240-pound Ken who beat Kimo in their rematch would've been a tougher fight for Tito than 205-pound Ken.
Ken at a healthy 225 weight has a good chance and I'm talking 40 year old ken
1996 ken ruins Tito quick any version

I think Igor would've sent Ken to the hospital that night, but I guess we'll never know. Too bad it never happened. I know Igor really wanted that fight. Now, had they fought in 1996...that for sure could've been a competitive fight that I could see Ken possibly winning.
Ken I think beats anyone back then
He apparently owned Coleman in training

I heard stories, maybe it was even on here, that Ken actually knocked him out in training.
Thats what has always fascinated me most with Ken. Its so many stories from so many legit guys from that era that describe how much of a destroyer he was in the gym but yet theres alot of controversy surrounding his actual fighting career.

This sounds fucked up but I wish YAMMA wouldve given us Ken Shamrock vs mark kerr instead of Taktarov vs Kerr

I'm sure this is sarcastic, right? Tank couldn't even pass the physical when he last tried to fight (as a replacement for Ken against Dan Severn at some small event).

No, have Bellator send some fitness team his way. Also hold it on an Indian reservation.

Thats what has always fascinated me most with Ken. Its so many stories from so many legit guys from that era that describe how much of a destroyer he was in the gym but yet theres alot of controversy surrounding his actual fighting career.
That is true he left in his absolute prime unfortunately
A lot of the stories were early lions den days when he was king even when gone to WWF
He still was top man he left frank in charge for a while frank didn't like it

Someone is lying because they both have told me they got better of each other
In private messages

Yeah, who knows what happened in their training sessions. It could be that they're both right. Maybe on certain days Coleman was dominating Ken and on others Ken was dominating Coleman. Too bad they never fought each other in 1996. That would have been a super interesting fight.

Yeah, who knows what happened in their training sessions. It could be that they're both right. Maybe on certain days Coleman was dominating Ken and on others Ken was dominating Coleman. Too bad they never fought each other in 1996. That would have been a super interesting fight.
Yep but they only trained 3 days together but you're right probably
Ken did corner mark for rizzo fight

Would have been awesome because prime ken owned Severn so did mark
Would have loved to see them grapple

Dang, Pardoe looks like a HW who's a part-time bodybuilder. He also had 1st round losses to Jardine, Rashad and Frye, though.

Dude also has a world class nickname in the "Pain Inducer." I've never actually seen any of his fights though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back