Ken Shamrock was very unlucky throughout his career.

James Irwin is the unluckiest fighter...

Call him unlucky all you want but he was juiced as hell.
The first Gracie fight he was a MW, in rematch he was a HW.
Of course roids cause heart problems.
the 1st Gracie fight, he was not a MW, I dont remember Ken being below 200 in these days. Against Royce 1 he was around 220.

Wow Ken should stop making topics like this, this is just stupid.

Ken is one of the most hyped terrible fighters the UFC ever saw... they even invented a belt for him so that he could have a title :D
He wasn't terrible. He had a very distinguished career in Pancrase and had some great wins. If he never left mma for WWF, he would've gone down as one of the greats. No question

Bad luck?????

He has a 20 year career, super high profile, a pioneer and spent many years in the wwe. I say he's about 20 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars luckier than most fighters who had ever stepped in a MMA ring.

Nobody - absolutely nobody - has ever done the "flash knockout + 5 seconds later screaming at the ref for stopping the fight" technique like Ken. I am not sure if he invented it or not but even if he didn't, he is still the all-time great practitioner of it. I feel like nobody will ever be abe to surpass him in that area.

The unluckiest was Pelé...

Oh irony...

Last edited:
  • In the first Gracie fight Ken wasn't allowed to wear his wrestling boots so his feet started slipping.
  • In the 3rd fight he got hit with a nut shot that went unnoticed. As a result, he was robbed of his chance at redemption.
  • BS decision losses to Severn and Frye.
  • Lost to Fujita due to heart problems after beating the absolute crap out of him.
  • Was way past his prime in his most high-profile rivalry against Tito. As a result, he lost 3 times.
Indeed, I would say Ken is one the unluckiest fighters.
Are you from Brazil?

All looks legit....
EnchantedDazzlingHookersealion.gif

DefiantBlissfulHousefly.gif

GregariousWellgroomedDrever.gif

He wasn't terrible. He had a very distinguished career in Pancrase and had some great wins. If he never left mma for WWF, he would've gone down as one of the greats. No question
I was talking about his UFC carreer, what great wins did he have there? Pancrase was open hand striking so I can't take that shit serious..

Shamrock was neither quite as good as people thought at the time nor quite as good as we sometimes nostalgically remember. He wasn't bad though, and there were some comically bad fighters in early MMA.

oh, kind Inga.

most wil miss your subtle mercy.
what she is saying is:

in a time of predominantly shitty fighters, Ken was 1 of them.

because he was overly muscular and intimidating, people thought he was god, he sucked.
frank was awesome.

He did have a lot of shit luck ,jumped by the WWE guys who nearly killed him.
Daughter kidnapped by War machine lots of other stuff

The shoe excuse for the first fight with Gracie is bs, it seems to be a new excuse that he just came up with in recent years, I firmly believe that Royce was just a better fighter.

The third fight though was bullshit. The referee screwed Ken and all the fans that paid to see that fight, Ken should have been given a recovery period and the fight should have been restarted. The ref was like a deer in the headlights, he was lost like he didn't know what to do so he just decided to call the fight off. Both guys were in good shape and probably would have been a great fight that surprised a lot of people, shitty ass amateur referee's shouldn't be allowed to work main event pro fights.

With that said though it seemed like Ken could have tried to fight through it, I think he was just looking for a way out so he was kind of overselling it(hoping for a DQ win or a no contest). The referee didn't see what happened and thought Ken broke his arm or something the way Ken sold it(I was there live and it initially looked like he was clutching his arm after those knees). I just don't understand why once the ref seen the replay they didn't just go with the standard protocol for groin shot, instead it was like he just said fuck it, that's a wrap folks, lets go home.

Last edited:
True that. When he falls without getting hit was very suspect.

Lets not forget his "fight" against Rich Franklin, there was a WWF/WWE feel to it during some parts.

no and how could you miss Zuffa making him take a dive agianst Franklin.

Kentakedownfranklin.gif

Nothing really weird here, he sloppily dived for the legs and got caught on the way down. He wasn't rocked and still got the takedown he was looking for. I don't really understand why people think a prime Franklin would need a fix to win against a shot Shamrock whose last true win streak (more than two wins) was nine years before that bout.

oh, kind Inga.

most wil miss your subtle mercy.
what she is saying is:

in a time of predominantly shitty fighters, Ken was 1 of them.

because he was overly muscular and intimidating, people thought he was god, he sucked.
frank was awesome.
You nailed it.

Big fan of Shamrock. Think he would have had a greater career if he wasn't in the WWE in his prime. But MMA wasn't huge money then.

Back