Kenny Florian: Conor McGregor is underrated

c0rbin9

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
"He's such a technical striker. You look at what he's done. Are people forgetting that he just destroyed Jose Aldo in a mere 13 seconds? The fact that he beat Max Holloway? The fact that he came back to ebat Nate Diaz? Not at 155 lb, which was an option for him. But he said, 'No, I'm going to rematch you at 170 lb and I'm going to beat you.' And he did that against a massive and dangerous style match-up in Nate Diaz. so this is a guy who is very dangerous."

ho938eX.gif

Kenny taking other peoples takes again

shameful

Who cares if an average size LW fights a slightly above average size LW at WW?

Why do people act like this is a big deal?

Kenny Florian is right. His striking abilities among other things make him a genuine threat to pretty much any opponent he faces.

If Conor wasn't the money fight, he'd probably be one of the most avoided guys in the UFC.

I wouldn't say he's underrated considering half his delusional fans think he's a psychic magician lord god king.

He is what he is. A great striker who is not so great everywhere else. Very dangerous but at the same time very vulnerable.

He should probably stay away from unfavorable stylistic matchups like Khabib.

"Kenny Florian, stop copying and pasting" - Kenny Florian

Kenny Florian's analysis is overrated...

Ofcourse,every potential/hypothetical match, Conor loses in Sherdogers eyes.

He's underrated in the sense that there's still the perception that his bark is worse than his bite, despite literally everyone he's ever fought in the UFC finding out otherwise

Conor is very rated, with the scales tipping towards overrated.

He has amazing punches (his kicks are predictable), decent grappling, rough cardio and ground game that is non-existent at the UFC level. I feel like that's an honest assessment of McGregor.

I wouldn't say he's underrated considering half his delusional fans think he's a psychic magician lord god king.

He is what he is. A great striker who is not so great everywhere else. Very dangerous but at the same time very vulnerable.

What a dumb comment.

You dont need to be "complete" to be great in the sport. He has an effective weapon that everyone knows is coming and they cant stop it. Thats elite status.

Lol at the second comment, he's had so many "unfavourable" matchups, and look how they turned out. Thats why he has an elite resume in the sport, check it out young buck.

I actually think Khabib is a good match up for Conor. He’s not too tall, doesn’t have a granite chin and for the most part, not threatening with his striking.

This means that Conor can simply concentrate on takedown avoidance and since the fight starts standing, it forces Khabib to initiate or he’ll get peppered with strikes that stack up points or hurt him.

GSP and Frankie are special in that they have a very balanced skill set which makes people truly concerned of two things at once, which enhances the effectivess of the other skill.

I hope Conor wins. The roof will raise.

Back