Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho @ Wrestle Kingdom 12

Definitely gotta see Cena-Tanahashi at some point too.

Fucking awesome. Huge match, although Jericho has slowed down quite a bit I still think it'll be great.

..and I've always wanted a Tanahashi Cena match at a WK. Would be a classic.

Jericho better be ready for the Match of Omega, six star it up maaaaaaaaaannnn!!

So I'm totally out of the wrestling know. Did Jericho leave WWE or do they have a working relationship with NJPW?

So I'm totally out of the wrestling know. Did Jericho leave WWE or do they have a working relationship with NJPW?

Jericho's last stint was a bunch of three month contracts strung out in succession. This was a pretty big shock because even those who thought their Twitter back-and-forth was a work figured it would lead to a match on Jericho's rock-n-wrestling cruise at the most.

Fucking awesome. Huge match, although Jericho has slowed down quite a bit I still think it'll be great.

..and I've always wanted a Tanahashi Cena match at a WK. Would be a classic.
Big match Cena in Japan would be something special. It would have to be a 60 minute broadway.

Jericho doesn’t sign long term contracts. He’s more a part-timer than Brock.

Is there any resentment among njpw fans over Jericho coming in as a part timer and taking someone else's spot like there would be in the wwe? Or does Jericho being beloved by nearly everyone negate that?

Is there any resentment among njpw fans over Jericho coming in as a part timer and taking someone else's spot like there would be in the wwe? Or does Jericho being beloved by nearly everyone negate that?
The Japanese fans are pro in not that dorky, to care about something like that.

They're probably just happy that they're getting a match that they otherwise thought would never be able to take place in their organization.

The Tokyo Dome cards are known for pulling in guys from other promotions for big matches.

Trent Beretta was pissed, but does anyone really care what he thinks?

Loved Jericho as a kid but aside from his promo work, he bored me in the ring over the last few years.

I’ll watch, but I want to see powerbombs, underhook backbreakers, top rope missile drop kicks and full-on lion tamers.

Back