Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

A dead heat for 2nd screws me a bit on the place payout. Whatever. Rocky's Show got the position that mattered.

Not too bad on the place payout actually with a big longshot one of those that dead heated for 2nd. Gets me back about half the money I lost already today.

Accelerate and Mubtaahij have gotten all the early money so far with both at 2/1 currently. The rest are 5/1 or higher. Hope it stays that way.

Oh, I like that from Giant Expectations. Giving out the impression that he likes the wet ground he's going to be running on. Fear the Cowboy looking like he's not going to mind it either.

Definitely Fear the Cowboy at 7-1 best numbers of the bunch, iirc. I like the value there. Black and yellow is fearsome cloth too. haha.

I think I may play Giant Expectations to win and Fear the Cowboy to place. Then box em up in the exacta.

I think I may play Giant Expectations to win and Fear the Cowboy to place. Then box em up in the exacta.

I'm in. $15 to win on Giant Expectations, $15 to place on Fear the Cowboy, and then a $5 exacta box.

Accelerate got the trip I thought Giant Expectations would get, but that one almost fell leaving the gate and lost all chances there. Needed to be used way too early.

Last second bet on the #7 in race 5 at Delta Downs. They're running already.

Shit. Made a big run late and lost by about a head.

I give up. Time to end what has been a thoroughly shitty day.

We'll get em next time Shark. THink my comeback might've been bad luck. I played baseball growing up and as a gambler I am superstitious. Then again I have a black cat so not tht superstitious. Rough day but there's always next time, as long as our hearts are beating and our hands are betting.

Damn boys, sounds like some heartbreaking shit went down yesterday. Sorry to see that. Seems like I’ve busy every weekend lately but hopefully soon I’ll have a free day to really dig into some races with you guys.

Justify just might be a freak. There's still some questions he needs to answer out there on the track, but just based on raw talent and the way he moves, I don't think there is a single 3 year-old out there that can step with him.

Made a couple of Derby future bets today just before the pools closed; $10 on Solomini at 17/1 and $5 on My Boy Jack at 30/1. I have $10 on Instilled Regard at 18/1 from pool 2, which sucks because he's sitting much higher in this pool.

Not exactly sure on how I'm going to play it, but just going to play the one Derby prep going on today since the other one is taking place on a synthetic surface;

==========

G2 Rebel Stakes (Race 10 at Oaklawn)

#1 Title Ready (8/1) - 502.9 **
#2 Curlin's Honor (12/1) - 486.7
#3 Solomini (3/2) - 539.4 *****
#4 Magnum Moon (7/2) - 501.8 *
#5 Higher Power (20/1) - 479.4
#6 Pryor (30/1) - 467.9
#7 Sporting Chance (5/1) - 508.1 ****
#8 High North (12/1) - 491.6
#9 Zing Zang (20/1) - 493.7
#10 Combatant (8/1) - 506.9 ***