Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

I ended up making a play in the Champagne afterall by landing on the #4 Enticed (10/1 morning line). 1u to win. Ran as green as can be in his first race yet was still able to win by a couple lengths, so I'm hoping he learned a little since then and knows better what his job is. Which he should. Nice pedigree too for mile and longer races too. He's dangerous in this race if he runs a more polished race as I don't think there's much in here compared to what we saw last week. So yeah. Enticed in the Champagne for me.

I ended up making a play in the Champagne afterall by landing on the #4 Enticed (10/1 morning line). 1u to win. Ran as green as can be in his first race yet was still able to win by a couple lengths, so I'm hoping he learned a little since then and knows better what his job is. Which he should. Nice pedigree too for mile and longer races too. He's dangerous in this race if he runs a more polished race as I don't think there's much in here compared to what we saw last week. So yeah. Enticed in the Champagne for me.

I'm glad you posted this, Shark. I wanted to tail your plays today and it almost slipped my mind. I'm in on everything. Thanks for posting and good luck, bud. Let's go!

I'm glad you posted this, Shark. I wanted to tail your plays today and it almost slipped my mind. I'm in on everything. Thanks for posting and good luck, bud. Let's go!

Cheers T. I could definitely use a little luck here.

6/1 on Enticed kinda sucks here. Was hoping the 10/1 would hold up. But he should get some pace to run at and he shouldn't be too far back.

3rd for Enticed. Weird race for him. Was up near the lead early then starting backing out and looking like he was done for on the turn. Made a bit of a run late. Not much of a race, though, considering Firenze Fire won it. Firenze Fire got dusted last month in the Hopeful by a few, including Free Drop Billy who will probably go off the favourite now in the Breeders Futurity less than an hour from now.

Hopefully both Good Samaritan and American Anthem run well in their races today. Ideally I'd like to see them run a good 2nd to the horses I'm backing in those races, but if I don't win then I'd like to see those two get it done. Just because.

Thanks goes to the other riders for allowing Diversify to walk on the lead like that.

Ouch. That hurts. Lost my win, place and exacta bets all in the last few strides.

Poor effort from Ransom the Moon there. Meh.

Broke even on the day thanks to Diversify paying 4/1, but was less than a length away in the Shadwell Turf Mile from having a really good day.

Ouch. That hurts. Lost my win, place and exacta bets all in the last few strides.

Damn Shark, that's rough. Haven't been able to sit down until a few mins ago so I only caught the Santa Anita but at least Diversify came through. So basically a wash for the day. Thanks as always for sharing your picks!

Damn Shark, that's rough. Haven't been able to sit down until a few mins ago so I only caught the Santa Anita but at least Diversify came through. So basically a wash for the day. Thanks as always for sharing your picks!

Im a few days late but my God.

Winx is the greatest running around today if not ever.

Just makes it look so easy! No one wants to vs her... It's a shame really.

Winx is great to watch. Im a bit cynical that she loves a bit of give in the track and the sprinkler malfunctioned the night before but thats not taking anything away from her the Cox Plate is a formality now

Winx is great to watch. Im a bit cynical that she loves a bit of give in the track and the sprinkler malfunctioned the night before but thats not taking anything away from her the Cox Plate is a formality now

I'd like to see her branch out because I'm not familiar with Aussie racing and don't know what she's been beating down there. But I will say, though, that she's overcome adversity and won races that she had no business winning regardless of her competition. That's the sign of a great horse to me.

Spot on Sharkey I think she needs to go to Royal Ascot to truly cement her status

Doesn't look like Enable is going to come over for the Breeders Cup afterall based off of what I'm reading. That's too bad. But at least we'll have some kind of betting race in the BC Turf race with her absence, though. Ulysses (Juddmonte International winner, 3rd in the Arc), Highland Reel (last years winner of race, 2 time G1 winner overseas this year), Cloth of Stars (2nd in the Arc, G1 winner overseas), and Decorated Knight (2 time G1 winner overseas including Irish Champion Stakes) are all listed as probables for the race, so that's got to be the way to go betting wise since the turf horses over here are pretty lacking. Beach Patrol has come around nicely in winning his last two G1 races, but the horse that finished 2nd to him both times, Fanciful Angel, was a non-factor in Europe before coming over as he routinely got trounced in G2 & G3 races over there nevermind in G1 races.

Have a pgoto to out up for your guys.

8.8k win.

Need to find the race for you lads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back