Keto vs Intermittent fasting? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by headkicktoleg, Jan 14, 2018.

1. SRN SOCRATEEEES

SRN
    IF was the only thing that worked for me and I was able to keep doing it, I actually enjoyed. Every other diet or strategies I tried didn't really worked for me for some reason. I think IF fits my lifestyle better. It's worth trying and seeing if that's the case for you too.

2. trucido Orange Belt

trucido
    Keto worked a treat for me. I found it very easy to stay on a deficit because I felt full most of the time. I've done keto 3 times, each for a month, and ended up losing anywhere from 10-20lbs during that time. I have before and after pictures and jesus christ there is a huge difference. Try strict keto for a month a see how much better you feel.

3. Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

Senzo Tanaka
    Doing Keto right now.

I had a pretty rough detox with rashes, itching, fast heart beat and other weird things but all is well after a month and a half now. Energy is great, focus is on point, heart rate has lowered, blood pressure has lowered, strength is the same or better despite losing body fat.

Since you can eat stuff like bacon, red meat, cheese, butter and eggs, keto is super easy to stick to. I still crave sweets from time to time but I can fix that craving with sugar free Jello or a diet soda.

Cutting out carbs and sugar is the best thing you can do to lose weight or just feel better. Try it for a month or two and see how you feel. I don't know how healthy it is long term but I'm sticking with it until I see something negative. After the initial detox, everything is great.

4. Rod1 Titanium Belt

Rod1
    I go for intermittent fasting, i can easily do 24 hours without eating, sometimes even more, i just go crazy with the coffee at work.

However when i sit down to eat, i eat period, i dont want to worry about calories.

So IF, just because its easier.

5. axion Suspenders

axion
    I've tried low carbs but it's really hard to stick to if you eat out or get pre-prepared meals a lot (everything comes with rice or bread here), and when I was super strict I felt drained.

Intermittent fasting, for me, is easier to stick to and effective. You don't need to think about what you're eating, just when.

Never was a big soda drinker but cutting that out completely is a great place to start. Now I can hardly drink the stuff.

6. hardheart Brown Belt

hardheart
    Por que no Los dos?

7. Pope Leo VII Green Belt

Pope Leo VII
    no one knows your body.. try out both and see what happens aka which one you vibe with

people make to big of a deal out of this shit.. as others mentioned this aint rocket science, work out more/eat less

8. MaxMMA Green Belt

MaxMMA
    Intermittent fasting is great because its easy. No calorie counting, no pain in the ass meal prepping, you can even really eat poor quality food and still reach your goals. I disagree with the poster that said it won't work because you can still have a calorie surplus, which is technically true but likely won't happen unless you're eating nothing but candy and cake. Not to mention when you are fasting regularly your stomach will shrink, so its going to be hard to take in surplus calories anyway.

I did intermittent fasting for the first time recently to make weight for my last fight. I personally did 16 hour fasts with 8 hours of eating. I stopped eating at 10pm and fasted until 2pm the next day. If I was just working out recreationally once a day I probably would have kept with the fasting. However I was only able to use intermittent fasting about 3 and half weeks into the camp because my weight was dropping to fast and I didn't have optimal energy levels for 6am and 12pm training sessions. I had to add a light breakfast and dinner to my daily intake to not feel sluggish.

I think fasting for fighters would probably be best just as a weight loss kickstart, but if you're just trying to slim down for the beach then fasting is awesome for the reasons in my first paragraph. You can just fast while you're at work and when you get home you can feel great knowing that you're still achieving your weight loss goals even though you just stuffed a cheeseburger down your throat.

9. Toothy Yellow Belt

Toothy
    I've been IF for 2 weeks now. Yes obviously, you will by default eat less calories than if you are eating 3 meals and snacking all day. Your stomach shrinks down and even moderately sized meals fill you up quick.. Whether the whole "insulin spike drop" theory is the reason or not, but I lost 5 lbs (with HIIT, and lifting) in my first 8 days, and I didn't even eat that clean for my meals. ( I'm 5'9 and a strong 168, but can easily cut down to a very lean 155, which is the goal). I gotta tell you though, I stop eating at 8:30 pm and fast till 1:30 in the afternoon.. I am fucking crazy with energy all morning.. I actually love it. I'm a madman on one cup of coffee and no food for 16 hours. My endurance (not necessarily my power) at the gym has increased as well, and I'm no spring chicken.