Kevin Costner to star in modern Western TV drama "Yellowstone," written by Taylor Sheridan

The biggest problem with knowing exactly when the show was set in was that the early announcements didn't mention a year and the description was kind of vague as to its exact time period. But we see here that Kevin Costner has a helicopter and shit:

ABT6LQJKRFH7JI5LSMB354U4SY.jpg
I just misinterpreted the 'America's First National Park' part, thinking it meant after the park was first established

and then the outfit in the pic was inconclusive haha

I just misinterpreted the 'America's First National Park' part, thinking it meant after the park was first established

and then the outfit in the pic was inconclusive haha

Well that pic is actually Hatfield's & McCoys. I made the thread when the news first broke and before there were any promotional pics for the show.

I should probably update it.

Update: February 28, 2018

First Teaser Trailer for Paramount Network's YELLOWSTONE Starring Kevin Costner

'Yellowstone,' starring Kevin Costner, follows the violent world of the Duttons, a ranching family in Montana. Can they survive another season? From Taylor Sheridan, the writer of 'Hell or High Water' and 'Sicario,' and featuring Wes Bentley, Kelly Reilly, Luke Grimes, and Cole Hauser. Coming this June.

Literally watching Dances with Wolves right now lol

I love Kevin Costner and I love westerns. Looks great

Solid team all around, will check it out

Costner is pretty solid. Only times i really hated him was in waterworld and robin hood.....fcked up thing is i actually found it very entertaining, and the best robin hood movie ever, yes better than the damn crowe version....however i just couldnt get over his non english accent. Like wtf kev. Luckily Rickman & Freeman were there to save it.

Update: February 28, 2018

First Teaser Trailer for Paramount Network's YELLOWSTONE Starring Kevin Costner

'Yellowstone,' starring Kevin Costner, follows the violent world of the Duttons, a ranching family in Montana. Can they survive another season? From Taylor Sheridan, the writer of 'Hell or High Water' and 'Sicario,' and featuring Wes Bentley, Kelly Reilly, Luke Grimes, and Cole Hauser. Coming this June.

So Kelly Reilly is in this too, but she is also in the BBC Brittannia series as well. She double dipping.

This is just going to be more landscape shots, and will be similar to Longmire. Kevin Costner will be Longmire except he has a ranch instead of a badge.

Lol, just saw Wyatt Earp again and god damn, he can't act for shit, especially in action films. Sullen, monotone, not an intimidating screen presence.

Surprised that most posters like him.

I would probably murder all of you to spend one night hate fucking Kelly Reilly

anyone know how long of a series this is? Ongoing or is it set for like 3

anyone know how long of a series this is? Ongoing or is it set for like 3

Here's what one article says:

"The show hasn’t been renewed for a second season — a pilot has yet to be screened for either the critics or cast members — but this is planned as a multiyear project. Costner has done TV before, including the limited series 'Hatfields & McCoys,' but this is his first TV series that’s planned to run multiple seasons. And he said he’s signed a three-year contract."

All Sheridan has said is that he has ideas that go beyond just a single season.

Unfortunately I have no interest in watching Kevin in anything

Feels to me like a mix of Dallas and Longmire.

Feels to me like a mix of Dallas and Longmire.

I got a bit of a Longmire vibe as well, though this show clearly has a significantly sharper edge.

One article I read described what they knew of the story as Dallas crossed with The Sopranos.

Here's what one article says:

"The show hasn’t been renewed for a second season — a pilot has yet to be screened for either the critics or cast members — but this is planned as a multiyear project. Costner has done TV before, including the limited series 'Hatfields & McCoys,' but this is his first TV series that’s planned to run multiple seasons. And he said he’s signed a three-year contract."

All Sheridan has said is that he has ideas that go beyond just a single season.

Thanks bro.

Update: April 26, 2018

Official Trailer for Kevin Costner's YELLOWSTONE; Premieres on June 20

This sounds dope as hell. The modern setting makes me hope it'll be like a more grimy Longmire.

I would probably murder all of you to spend one night hate fucking Kelly Reilly
Why "hate" fucking though? Did she cut you off in traffic or something?

Ironically, Kevin Coster is actually a lot cheaper to hire than Kevin Costner.

Silverado is one of my favorite movies but Costner is pretty much a douchebag. I’ll give it a watch though.

Back