Kevin Lee : Khabib has avoided me for a long time. Now we've reached a point where it's unavoidable.

Lee and Alvarez are great styles to beat Khabib. In 2-3 years the gap between Lee and the Russian will be too massive and will be a relatively easy win for Kevin.
This is a joke post to me.

Alvarez had his shot to have Khabib multiple times. Khabib posted the picture with his signature on the contract when the UFC was trying to make McGregor vs Alvarez and Alvarez wanted a new contract. They told Alvarez either fight McGregor under your current contract or fight Khabib. We all know what happened.

Khabib fighting Lee under anything that wasn't a short notice replacement fight is ludacris. That's like the Golden State warriors playing Dallas Mavericks in the playoffs. The Dallas Mavericks don't deserve be there. Lee is number 2 in my book for a TS now after his win over Barboza behind Dustin with Ferguson injured and until McGregor gets into a cage he's retired to me. Anytime time before that Lee didn't deserve a fight with Khabib.

Last edited:
Lee is only somewhat close because tony is injured and Conor is doing GOD knows what.

No he isn't

On top of him being #5 he also missed weight

Conor would have to continue doing whatever it is he's doing
Tony could very well be ready by Nov/Dec (when Khabib said he wants to fight)
Eddie and Porier who are both ranked ahead of him Lee have to say no
The UFC would also have to take a gamble after Lee just missed weight

Odds of him getting the next shot are slim - 0
He'll fight Eddie or Dustin next then maybe he'll get the next shot
No way Tony will be ready by then if he's smart about it. That's a serious injury that normally takes about a year to recover from, especially at his age. I'm not saying he's going to get the next shot, but he's close. It all depends on what Conor does actually. If Conor decides to fight they'll all be waiting a while and Tony would have time to be back by then and fight the winner.

No way Tony will be ready by then if he's smart about it. That's a serious injury that normally takes about a year to recover from, especially at his age. I'm not saying he's going to get the next shot, but he's close. It all depends on what Conor does actually. If Conor decides to fight they'll all be waiting a while and Tony would have time to be back by then and fight the winner.
Even if you eliminate Conor and Tony he's not getting the next shot

Eddie and Dustin are ranked ahead of him and he missed weight
The only way he gets it over those 2 is if he takes another fight against a top 10, makes weight and wins impressively.
He has roughly 9 months until Khabib wants to fight again so that could happen but as it currently stands he is not getting the next shot, not close.

Even if you eliminate Conor and Tony he's not getting the next shot

Eddie and Dustin are ranked ahead of him and he missed weight
The only way he gets it over those 2 is if he takes another fight against a top 10, makes weight and wins impressively.
He has roughly 9 months until Khabib wants to fight again so that could happen but as it currently stands he is not getting the next shot, not close.
Again never said he's getting the next shot, but he's close. You also have to tgthi the way UFC operates, they want the big matchups. Poirier and Eddie are both journey men. Either of them against Khabib is not that interesting. Lee on the other hand, especially if he has another impressive performance would make for a very interesting matchup with Khabib which might make UFC leapfrog him to a title shot.

9fEPQkV.jpg
Lol ruthless

Lee is a good fighter, no doubt about it. He is only 25 and has a very good ground game.

But Khabib is better in every area. Lee's ground game is useless against Khabib, so he will depend on his striking.

I would like to see Lee-Poirier before Lee-Khabib.

Again never said he's getting the next shot, but he's close. You also have to tgthi the way UFC operates, they want the big matchups. Poirier and Eddie are both journey men. Either of them against Khabib is not that interesting. Lee on the other hand, especially if he has another impressive performance would make for a very interesting matchup with Khabib which might make UFC leapfrog him to a title shot.
It isn't a big match-up, Eddie or Porier vs Khabib would be in the same ball park in terms PPV sales
They won't take the risk of Lee missing weight especially with 4 other guys ahead of him

What is interesting is a matter of opinion, i don't think Eddie or Dustin is a cake walk for Khabib like you appear to.

The context in which you said "he's close" was in terms of getting the next shot, he's not close or "closer than I think".

He's only close in terms of being 1 or 2 wins away.

It isn't a big match-up, Eddie or Porier vs Khabib would be in the same ball park in terms PPV sales
They won't take the risk of Lee missing weight especially with 4 other guys ahead of him

What is interesting is a matter of opinion, i don't think Eddie or Dustin is a cake walk for Khabib like you appear to.

The context in which you said "he's close" was in terms of getting the next shot, he's not close or "closer than I think".

He's only close in terms of being 1 or 2 wins away.
Lee has more of an "It" factor than Porier or Eddie I don't think that's disputable. He would sell the hell out of a fight with Khabib.
At the end of the day we'll have to see how it all plays out, allot can happen at 155

Probably not the best idea to sell yourself at a discount price.

As soon as he wins the title we will get the Its time for me to get a money fight speech

Lee vs Fergy did over 600k buys, good luck getting Eddie or Dustin to sell that not fighting conor or khabib unless they are co headlining on a big card, Lee is the truth like it or not

Lol you liar. It did 200k buys.

Lee and Alvarez are great styles to beat Khabib. In 2-3 years the gap between Lee and the Russian will be too massive and will be a relatively easy win for Kevin.

If by some miracle Lee beats khabib, Islam will come and beat Lee.

Lee is on a 1 fight win streak.
Chill out my dude.

Shalorus was greco-roman tho. Not suited for MMA

This is funny though, because khabib put on a Greco Roman and judo clinic vs Trujillo.

Last edited:
Khabib disposes of Lee like he's tiramisu on the way to miss weight. Kid is talking himself into an early grave.

There are 4 guys with a better claim to a shot and that despite one of those being injured and the other being coked up and thrashing buses.

For those that poo poo the idea of a title shot, lets look at the landscape at LW right now..

Only 3 guys are in contention for a shot right now..

Conor- Well all want it. However he wants the UFC to empty all of their pockets.. We appear no closer to him coming back..

Dustin- I like Dustin and he is riding a nice little streak, but did not dominate his last fight..

Kevin Lee- Lost to Tony (Did have Staph) But he lost. Then dominated Edson just like Khabib did..

When you look at it from a promotional standpoint Lee is getting the fight. He is young, talks a good game, is marketable and has exciting fights. I think Lee/Khabib is a potential war..

Book it..

It wouldn't even be close.....55 is Khabib's Div (until he moves up to 170).

So you think he will rag-doll Kevin? You have seen Kevin wrestle right? Because Khabib sure as shit is not out-striking the man.. I saw more than enough weakness with Khabib fighting A journeyman in his last fight, to tell me Kevin will give Khabib all kinds of trouble. Kevin is a supreme athlete that ragdolls people to the ground and beats them up.. And his striking is not great, but it is better and evolving. This fight is a war..

Khabib disposes of Lee like he's tiramisu on the way to miss weight. Kid is talking himself into an early grave.

There are 4 guys with a better claim to a shot and that despite one of those being injured and the other being coked up and thrashing buses.

Style Wise Kevin is all wrong for him. Kevin comes in with a full tank of gas.

Oh boy..

Style Wise Kevin is all wrong for him. Kevin comes in with a full tank of gas.

Oh boy..

Lee can pick any style he wants, won't change the fact that Khabib will be the one styling on him. You also think Lee dominated Barboza like Khabib did but I don't remember Khabib putting on a impromptu dance routine.

Back