Kevin Lee revealed his training background

Rdude92

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In the JRE podcast, many things was revealed about his life and his career choices. What interest me most is his training background:

He stated that he started wrestling at the ripe age of 16 and started training at an mma gym at 18!

For a guy that just started training martial arts for 9 years, he sure is something. Now I really want to see the fight with him and khabib who had been training wrestling and sambo his whole life..but Poirier though deserves the fight more with Tony/Conor out.

What if he lied and actually started training when he was 11-12?

I mean, Lee is pretty much a straight wrestler.

It is impressive that he has only been wrestling since he was 16

Proof that A athletes need minimal training to become UFC champions..

Grew up in the gutter of Detroit, started wrestling as a high school junior, got into college with the intent of becoming a doctor taking a full-time pre-med schedule while wrestling and also taking MMA fights. At 21, still in college right after finals week, he fights Al Iaquinta and takes him to a decision. Very impressive.

Proof that A athletes need minimal training to become UFC champions..
meme's wouldn't work if they didn't have a kernel of truth in them.

there is nothing more maddening that practicing at something for a few years, and have someone come in who's just naturally good, and can compete with you immediately. anyone who has participated in any sport has come across this at some level.

Cesar Gracie once said that when Nick came to the gym the first time he was so cocky that Cesar just put him in with blackbelts to take him down a notch, but no one could sub him. first day on the mat, multiple high level players, one after the other, and Nick was too squirmy, too strong, too athletic. talk about a backfire lol

Last edited:
Yeah , what if it just happens to be a black guy named Kevin Lee and isn't actually Kevin Lee ......

I was hypothesizing that Kevin Lee hired himself a stand in.

What your suggesting is that there are two identical people named Kevin Lee.

This is interesting. Let me ponder that.

I was hypothesizing that Kevin Lee hired himself a stand in.

What your suggesting is that there are two identical people named Kevin Lee.

This is interesting. Let me ponder that.

In the Tyron Woodley kind of way ?

Grew up in the gutter of Detroit, started wrestling as a high school junior, got into college with the intent of becoming a doctor taking a full-time pre-med schedule while wrestling and also taking MMA fights. At 21, still in college right after finals week, he fights Al Iaquinta and takes him to a decision. Very impressive.
Nah can't be true Sherdog told me he was racist and a dirtbag

Jeet Kune Do i assume? He comes from quite the lineage

Back