Kevin Lee vs. Edson Barboza: Inside The Numbers!

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Tomorrow marks the first time for Edson Barboza headlining a fight card. For Lee, this is his 3rd, and his second TV card headline. Lee has a 1-1 record, a win vs. Chiesa and a loss to Ferg.

This is the 4th (Varner, Ferg, Khabib) decorated wrestler Barboza will face, he has gone 0-3 so far.

Lee has never faced this level of Muay Thai before.

Both men have only won coming off loses so neither have had a 2 fight losing streak.
Barboza:
Loss to Varner
Martins: TKO
Loss to Johnson
Felder: Dec
Loss To Ferg
Pettis: Dec

Lee:
Loss to Al
Ronson: Split Dec
Loss to Santos
Escudero: Dec

They share 1 common opponent; Tony Ferguson who submitted both men. Barboza in the 2nd and Lee in the 3rd.

This is Edson's 3rd fight in NJ, he holds a 2-0 record there (Dunham, Njokuani). For Lee this marks his 2nd trip to the garden state, where he holds an 0-1 record.

With a win Barboza can move into a tie for 7th all time with 14 UFC wins and continue his dream to become UFC Lightweight Champion.

It's the
Motown-800x540.jpg

The-Phenom-2016.jpg

vs.
1280x720-xlo.jpg

Happy 4-20 Sherbros!!!!!!

Last edited:
Kevin Lee has already headlined 3 card.

Freaking African-Chinese privilege.

Barboza got this. Lee is going to gas again and Barboza will get the TKO, my guess in the third.

I think Lee wins this in the first round, either by tko from mount or he gets the back and sinks in a choke.

If it gets past the first couple rounds I think barboza can start stuffing some takedowns and get a knockout on the feet, but I'm leaning towards lee in this one.

Thanks for the facts TS

Good fight regardless but I do have Lee winning

Great fight for sure , I'm still going with Lee even with the tough weight cut .
TBH I would hate to see either guy lose as I like both fighters but I guess at least if Lee wins he hasn't faced Khabib yet so it's a fresh match up for the championship in the future (as long as he can make weight of course )

I’m honestly on the fence about who wins this, but this has great potential. I’m gonna say Barboza but I’m just flipping a coin.

About time barboza got a main event.

I've never seen anyone want to be broke and ghetto as Kevin Lee. All his pictures are of him with a good family and good schools but he tries to act like a thug.

Back