Kevin Lee "whooped" Tony Ferguson in wrestling...

...are you actually blind? There is very clearly no punch landed there.
He throws a right, left, right combination. First two strikes miss, the third right hand clips him. BTW, that camera angle you used was garbage, all it showed was Chiesa's back. There are other angles that show it way more clearly. Chiesa clearly doesnt not go for a takedown. Are you saying that Lee just slipped and fell on the mat?

As I said earlier, It wasn't a big knockdown that had Lee totally rocked or anything like that. He recovered very quickly then won the fight. But if you are not even going to try to break down what actually happened then I can't help you dude

Nope, TS. You got that twisted.

It was Ferguson who wanted to devote his busy time and help out the youngsters. Then this cocky prick name Lee came in and rubbed Tony the wrong way. Tony then proceeded to humiliate his punk ass in front of his teammates. That's what really happened.

He throws a right, left, right combination. First two strikes miss, the third right hand clips him. BTW, that camera angle you used was garbage, all it showed was Chiesa's back. There are other angles that show it way more clearly. Chiesa clearly doesnt not go for a takedown. Are you saying that Lee just slipped and fell on the mat?

As I said earlier, It wasn't a big knockdown that had Lee totally rocked or anything like that. He recovered very quickly then won the fight. But if you are not even going to try to break down what actually happened then I can't help you dude

Oh, so you actually are blind. Ok.

"He throws a right, left, right combination."

No he doesn't. He throws a right-left, both of which miss, then grabs Lee by the shoulders and bowls him to the ground. There is no third punch. It literally does not happen.

"There are other angles that show it way more clearly."

Oh really? Provide them then, numbnuts. There is no other angle out there, and the one we have is plenty clear. You just refuse to acknowledge that you're clearly fucking wrong.

"Chiesa clearly doesnt not go for a takedown. Are you saying that Lee just slipped and fell on the mat?"

Chiesa didn't go for any kind of technical takedown, he just charged into Lee and pushed him on his shoulders. And yes, Lee does slip, you can see his ankle roll.

"As I said earlier, It wasn't a big knockdown that had Lee totally rocked or anything like that."

He didn't have him rocked at all. Not even a little bit. Because there was no punch landed.

In fact, the punch you said was landed literally was never even thrown.

"But if you are not even going to try to break down what actually happened then I can't help you dude"

I shouldn't have to break down shit, you should just admit when you're quite clearly wrong. But you refuse to do that.

I'm sure you're just going to continue holding on to your alternative facts, so have fun with that.

edit: Not to mention that the guy who made that video already broke it down, but you just flat out ignored it because it didn't fit your made up narrative.

Oh, so you actually are blind. Ok.

"He throws a right, left, right combination."

No he doesn't. He throws a right-left, both of which miss, then grabs Lee by the shoulders and bowls him to the ground. There is no third punch. It literally does not happen.

"There are other angles that show it way more clearly."

Oh really? Provide them then, numbnuts. There is no other angle out there, and the one we have is plenty clear. You just refuse to acknowledge that you're clearly fucking wrong.

"Chiesa clearly doesnt not go for a takedown. Are you saying that Lee just slipped and fell on the mat?"

Chiesa didn't go for any kind of technical takedown, he just charged into Lee and pushed him on his shoulders. And yes, Lee does slip, you can see his ankle roll.

"As I said earlier, It wasn't a big knockdown that had Lee totally rocked or anything like that."

He didn't have him rocked at all. Not even a little bit. Because there was no punch landed.

In fact, the punch you said was landed literally was never even thrown.

"But if you are not even going to try to break down what actually happened then I can't help you dude"

I shouldn't have to break down shit, you should just admit when you're quite clearly wrong. But you refuse to do that.

I'm sure you're just going to continue holding on to your alternative facts, so have fun with that.

edit: Not to mention that the guy who made that video already broke it down, but you just flat out ignored it because it didn't fit your made up narrative.
That video you posted was garbage and I have no idea who it is giving commentary... I don't trust a random guy on the internet. I've heard plenty of BS in real life martial arts, let alone the internet. You seem pretty delusional.

If you really believed your own argument you wouldn't be doing a crazy rant that actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You realize other people can read this, right? Its not just me.

I have no idea why you cant except that Chiesa won 2 seconds of the fight. It's kinda sad. Maybe you are just a huge Kevin Lee fan, but dude you seriously sound crazy

That video you posted was garbage and I have no idea who it is giving commentary... I don't trust a random guy on the internet. I've heard plenty of BS in real life martial arts, let alone the internet. You seem pretty delusional.

If you really believed your own argument you wouldn't be doing a crazy rant that actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You realize other people can read this, right? Its not just me.

I have no idea why you cant except that Chiesa won 2 seconds of the fight. It's kinda sad. Maybe you are just a huge Kevin Lee fan, but dude you seriously sound crazy

lmao, this is getting truly pathetic. Right, me picking apart your argument piece by piece (which is exactly what you asked me to do) is a "crazy rant." Where are those alternate angles you mentioned? Where is literally anything to back up your bullshit?

You can't even pick out a screenshot of when this supposed punch happened. Because it didn't happen.

Just admit you were wrong. Or don't, it just makes you look dumber. And of course, you have to accuse me of being a fanboy because I called you out on your bullshit. Really living up to Sherdog's lofty standards.

lmao, this is getting truly pathetic.

Just admit you were wrong. Or don't, it just makes you look dumber.
I'm sorry dude, as someone who has actually fought and put in the time and work, I can kinda tell when someone is totally bullshitting me when it comes to martial arts. I have no idea why you would believe a nobody on the internet instead of just using your own understanding of fighting (but you probably don't have any background or real knowledge of fighting in the first place)

I'm sorry dude, as someone who has actually fought and put in the time and work, I can kinda tell when someone is totally bullshitting me when it comes to martial arts. I have no idea why you would believe a nobody on the internet instead of just using your own understanding of fighting (but you probably don't have any background or real knowledge of fighting in the first place)

Wow, is that really the best you can do?

"I have no idea why you would believe a nobody on the internet instead of just using your own understanding of fighting"

And who are you, exactly, that anyone should take your word at face value with zero evidence whatsoever to back it up? I trained at an MMA gym for seven years- not that that even fucking matters, because all you need are eyes and half a brain to realize how wrong you are. You apparently lack one of those two qualifications; probably the latter, based on your complete inability to actually formulate an argument or acknowledge when you're wrong.

And did you conveniently miss the part where I addressed every single point you brought up in my own words?

You should really ask for your money back from whoever trained you, because clearly they did an absolute shit job. That, or you should sue your optometrist.

Where are those alternate angles again? I'm waiting with bated breath.

I'm almost starting to think you're completely full of shit.

So let's be clear: the moment captured below is what you're attempting to describe as Chiesa "landing a right."

tS59Jer.jpg

So let's be clear: the moment captured below is what you're attempting to describe as Chiesa "landing a right."

tS59Jer.jpg
Why would you post a still picture when I already told you it was a flurry that Chiesa threw...

Also, Why are you using this angle?? You can't see shit!

Why would you post a still picture when I already told you it was a flurry that Chiesa threw...

Also, Why are you using this angle?? You can't see shit!

I have invited you, several times now, to produce any other angle that you can find. They don't exist. This is the only angle we have.

Do I have to frame by frame this motherfucker? Are you really going to make me do that before you either own up to your BS or stop talking?

Fine, fuck it.

Right after the left hand that missed:

Ut7B75q.png

Watch Chiesa's right hand, the one he supposedly "dropped" Lee with. I circled it in red so you can pick it out through your apparently severe glaucoma.

7o9s2bA.png

j6CO74r.png

Chiesa's hand is still very clearly not in any kind of position to throw a punch. Notice that Lee is already off balance and dropping down, back, and to his right.

zp6mhBx.png

Kevin Lee's entire body is now outside of Chiesa's left foot. Chiesa's hand is on Lee's shoulder, but according to you he's currently punching Lee in the face.

Notice how that's basically physically fucking impossible at this point.

vipZd5x.png

Both fighters off balance, Lee clearly not in any position to be punched by Chiesa's right hand.

We're already well past the point where anything you could misconstrue as a punch occurred, so the rest of these frames are academic.

FPU4a7D.png

As Chiesa bowls into the off-balance Lee, you can see Lee's right ankle begin to roll, causing him to lose his legs:

4GSCAis.png

HJPXVZr.png

dHQmth8.png

pKrQPjG.png

Lee rolls his ankle again before he hits the ground, causing the knee injury he mentioned after the fight:

qHoNJCP.png

So, if you actually have training as you mentioned, it should be clear as day that at no point in that series of stills was Chiesa in any position to throw a punch. He was completely off balance, and Lee was well to the left side of Chiesa's body.

So now I've literally done a frame by frame breakdown showing why you're wrong, and you've provided exactly nothing. All you've done is talk about "alternate angles" that don't actually exist. And if they did, all they would do is demonstrate more fully how wrong you are.

I have invited you, several times now, to produce any other angle that you can find. They don't exist. This is the only angle we have.

Do I have to frame by frame this motherfucker? Are you really going to make me do that before you either own up to your BS or stop talking?

Fine, fuck it.

Right after the left hand that missed:

Ut7B75q.png

Watch Chiesa's right hand, the one he supposedly "dropped" Lee with. I circled it in red so you can pick it out through your apparently severe glaucoma.

7o9s2bA.png

j6CO74r.png

Chiesa's hand is still very clearly not in any kind of position to throw a punch. Notice that Lee is already off balance and dropping down, back, and to his right.

zp6mhBx.png

Kevin Lee's entire body is now outside of Chiesa's left foot. Chiesa's hand is on Lee's shoulder, but according to you he's currently punching Lee in the face.

Notice how that's basically physically fucking impossible at this point.

vipZd5x.png

Both fighters off balance, Lee clearly not in any position to be punched by Chiesa's right hand.

We're already well past the point where anything you could misconstrue as a punch occurred, so the rest of these frames are academic.

FPU4a7D.png

As Chiesa bowls into the off-balance Lee, you can see Lee's right ankle begin to roll, causing him to lose his legs:

4GSCAis.png

HJPXVZr.png

dHQmth8.png

pKrQPjG.png

Lee rolls his ankle again before he hits the ground, causing the knee injury he mentioned after the fight:

qHoNJCP.png

So, if you actually have training as you mentioned, it should be clear as day that at no point in that series of stills was Chiesa in any position to throw a punch. He was completely off balance, and Lee was well to the left side of Chiesa's body.

So now I've literally done a frame by frame breakdown showing why you're wrong, and you've provided exactly nothing. All you've done is talk about "alternate angles" that don't actually exist. And if they did, all they would do is demonstrate more fully how wrong you are.
Because of this shitty angle you cant really see, but Chiesa throws a short right that looks like it doesnt have that much on it. It lands on Lee's chin and puts him down. I feel bad for you dude, you would not be going through these lengths if you were obviously correct. It seems like you are just trying to prove to yourself that you are correct and it is pretty sad.

Sometimes its alright to admit that you messed up and that you're not sure. This would be a good time to cut your losses

Not gonna help him anymore. Tony is a beast. He comes in shape to go 5 hard rounds in Mexico City, has an iron jaw, a relentless pace, and a ground game that's on a whole different level than Lee has. Props to lee for getting this fight but Ferg should walk through him.
Tony is getting old and his old school ways of cutting weight will absolutely catch up to him. Hard weight cutting from over 200lb to 155 can not be doing any favors for his liver, kidney and other vitals.

Because of this shitty angle you cant really see, but Chiesa throws a short right that looks like it doesnt have that much on it. It lands on Lee's chin and puts him down. I feel bad for you dude, you would not be going through these lengths if you were obviously correct. It seems like you are just trying to prove to yourself that you are correct and it is pretty sad.

Sometimes its alright to admit that you messed up and that you're not sure. This would be a good time to cut your losses

LMAO

If the angle is so shitty, how exactly are you seeing this supposed short right?

Your rationalization is that because I've provided ample evidence, I must be wrong? Let's not gloss over the fact that you addressed literally none of what I pointed out, all you did was repeat the same bullshit you've been repeating the whole time.

Where are those alternate angles you keep talking about?

Jesus, I'm fucking embarrassed for you. This is one of the most pathetic displays I've ever seen on Sherdog, and that's seriously saying something.

LMAO

If the angle is so shitty, how exactly are you seeing this supposed short right?

Your rationalization is that because I've provided ample evidence, I must be wrong? Let's not gloss over the fact that you addressed literally none of what I pointed out, all you did was repeat the same bullshit you've been repeating the whole time.

Where are those alternate angles you keep talking about?

Jesus, I'm fucking embarrassed for you. This is one of the most pathetic displays I've ever seen on Sherdog, and that's seriously saying something.
Dude, I already told you what happened. I get it, you feel that you have gone all in on this issue and now you can't back down.

In no way do I feel you have explained your point well at all. Maybe your knowledge of MMA is too limited to express what you are trying to say. I don't listen to random commentators on Youtube who may or may not have any martial arts background to support their viewpoints. I've said my piece but you want to be correct so bad you just can't let it go. It is sad

Dude, I already told you what happened. I get it, you feel that you have gone all in on this issue and now you can't back down.

In no way do I feel you have explained your point well at all. Maybe your knowledge of MMA is too limited to express what you are trying to say. I don't listen to random commentators on Youtube who may or may not have any martial arts background to support their viewpoints. I've said my piece but you want to be correct so bad you just can't let it go. It is sad

Holy fucking shit, I literally did a frame by frame breakdown and you're delusional enough to say I "haven't explained my point well at all."

The harder you try to be condescending, the dumber you look. You've provided exactly zero evidence to support your case other than "I said so," while in the same breath talking about how random internet commenters aren't to be trusted.

I really wonder what it's like to live with that kind of cognitive dissonance raging inside your head.

Tony is getting old and his old school ways of cutting weight will absolutely catch up to him. Hard weight cutting from over 200lb to 155 can not be doing any favors for his liver, kidney and other vitals.
Maybe, but him cutting all that weight and still being able to go hard in Mexico City, leads me to believe that even if he has a rough weight cut, he'll be fine since it's in vegas. I follow tony on social media, and the guy is in shape and training all year long. He may put on some weight, but he's always working hard and always improving.

I just want to clarify my comment about wrestling results not meaning anything in MMA I wasn't me shitting on Lee and both guys are fun to watch I just don't put much weight in pure wrestling or BJJ results.

Holy fucking shit, I literally did a frame by frame breakdown and you're delusional enough to say I "haven't explained my point well at all."

The harder you try to be condescending, the dumber you look. You've provided exactly zero evidence to support your case other than "I said so," while in the same breath talking about how random internet commenters aren't to be trusted.

I really wonder what it's like to live with that kind of cognitive dissonance raging inside your head.
I think it is pretty obvious to other commentators now that you are just screeching and not even trying to make a rational point now. It is obvious what happened in the fight. I'm sorry you do not know enough about fighting to understand. Keep watching and learning, then you might be able to get it one day

Back