Kevin Lee will go down as one of the greats eventually

sirmorbach

These violent delights have violent ends
@Black
Reaction score
He's got EVERYTHING.

He's talented, physically gifted, strong, and more importantly, he's as smart as it gets. He seems to get better at every fight. He's an absolute animal as a grappler, and y'all know what? The kid can box.

He's also charismatic, outspoken, and he doesn't mind talking a little bit of s— every now and then.

And to top all of that, bear in mind that he's only 25 years old.

He's just beginning.

I have no doubt whatsoever that Kevin Lee is a future great. Mark my words. It's just the natural course.

kevin-lee.jpg

#25toLife

@VanMMA
@KevinLee

great thread. he's arguably the best LW in the world

Sounds like you man crushing friend....

He's your typical cut baby trying to dodge true competition at 170. Also Tony, Khabib, Conor and Eddie all beat him easily.

Lee is very good, he's young, and he's improving. That's quite a combo.

He's also smart, fast, strong, and skilled. He's still got work to do but he looks really good.

Talks a bit of a hit now and then? That's all that comes out of his mouth is shit dude

Tony, Khabib, Conor and Eddie all beat him easily.

I beg to differ.

(i) Tony already beat him, true that, but it was far from easy (not to mention the obvious staph infection),
(ii) he's a bad matchup for Khabib,
(iii) he's even worse of a matchup for Conor, and
(iv) I honestly think he would keep it on the feet and outbox Eddie.

Sounds like you man crushing friend....

Maybe I am.

You mean same the thing that Tony did twice? Oh the horror.

Meanwhile in present day, the man has no issues making it to the cage.
Khabib and Lee have both missed weight the same amount of times.

He’s awesome but it’s far from a sure thing. The hype is out of control. He has great grappling, decent striking, he’s crazy strong and he’s smart as hell

But... his cardio is questionable over 5 rounds. His chin is VERY questionable and that’s not something that improves as you age. He gets badly hurt or dropped pretty often and in each of his last 3 fights. He’s also having weight issues already and that is also something that gets tougher as you age. He’ll be at 170 before he’s 30

There is also the issue that 155 is at an all time high right now and those dudes will be in their prime for a few years yet. That means to win a belt and be an all time great he’s going to have to beat Tony in a rematch, beat Khabib and beat Conor. Probably throw Holloway in there too

Kevin Lee is one hell of a talent but people are really jumping the gun with this stuff. Let the dude grow and let’s see what happens

Back