Kevin Lee will go down as one of the greats eventually

<bball1>

b5h7j8.jpg
Torso looks like a dog sticking out it's tongue.

I beg to differ.

(i) Tony already beat him, true that, but it was far from easy (not to mention the obvious staph infection),
(ii) he's a bad matchup for Khabib,
(iii) he's even worse of a matchup for Conor, and
(iv) I honestly think he would keep it on the feet and outbox Eddie.

Maybe I am.

It's all good sirmorbach there's worse guys to man crush on, I'm a mild supporter myself...

The guy is 6-2 in his last 8... calm down. Come back when he's on a 10+ winning streak with multiple defenses, having avenged at least 2/3 losses, then he will crack the top 20 GOAT.

170 is his 'true' weight class if we're being honest.
Not even. Conor is the average LW height (3 inches shorter than Ferguson, for exqmple) and while he has big shoulders, he's got quite a narrow build. You don't make FW 20 times if you're a natural WW. There's not a single WW on the roster that could make 145.

You could say that about any fighter in any weight class, really. No natural featherweight could make flyweight, no nayural middleweight could make lightweight.

Conor definitely pushed the limits of weight cutting to make 145, but he's a tiny WW.

Not even. Conor is the average LW height (3 inches shorter than Ferguson, for exqmple) and while he has big shoulders, he's got quite a narrow build. You don't make FW 20 times if you're a natural WW. There's not a single WW on the roster that could make 145.

You could say that about any fighter in any weight class, really. No natural featherweight could make flyweight, no nayural middleweight could make lightweight.

Conor definitely pushed the limits of weight cutting to make 145, but he's a tiny WW.

Height has nothing to do with weight.

And if no other Welterweight could make Featherweight, then it's because WW isn't their natural weight class, obviously. Same with other weight divisions. of course a FW could make Flyweight if Featherweight was their natural weight, same with all the other divisions you named.

Lee has a lot of potential, but a dominant win over Barboza doesn't mean he's destined to be an all-time great.

I wouldn't say his boxing is as good as TS makes out, but granted, he's young and could definitely improve his hands in the next couple of years. He's at about prime Koscheck level.

I don't see it happening, I think he will be a consistent top 10 LW, contender but wont be champ or reach a one of the greats status. I don't see him beating Khabib or Ferguson and there are some other tough fights at LW. Between Conor, Alverez, Gaethje, Poirier and I can certainly see him losing one or two of those

Lee has the youth the talent the wrestling base only thing missing is his mentality. There was a thread comparing him to GSP but GSP always had the mental edge, the gameplan edge, the preparation edge, the championship mentality. Ferguson broke Lee. He admitted to Arirel he needs to improve his mental game. I dont see Lee traveling to different camps or special coaches like Roach or learning gymnastics like GSP did. I have no idea how dark in Lee's head it is sometimes.

Height has nothing to do with weight.

And if no other Welterweight could make Featherweight, then it's because WW isn't their natural weight class, obviously. Same with other weight divisions. of course a FW could make Flyweight if Featherweight was their natural weight, same with all the other divisions you named.
Obviously I was referring to natural weight as in their natural weight class. That's generally the term everyone uses to describe a fighter's ideal weight class based on their weight.

You're talking about walk around weight. It's a bit misleading considering you were countering another poster's comment that Conor isn't a 'natural' WW. I think you know they were talking about his natural (ideal) weight class.

“Yea but...”
That will be the defining phrase of his career. He reminds me of Belfort in many ways.

Yer the difference is Conor moved up to his true weight class which is 155 while Lee and Khabib are killing themselves just to avoid the guys at 170. This alone should tell you enough.
Another difference being Conor never missed weight at fw, so fuck that haters nonsense.

I think Kevin could and will be the man to beat Khabib. I'd like to see it too. I've seen a few more interviews with him and he seems like a good guy just playing the game and making the most of what he's doing.

Looked awesome Saturday... but the kid has a long ways to go. Let him become champion first.

Not only will Lee become champion at LW but he'll do great things at higher weights too. In a few years WW will be his for the taking and lets not forget the possibility of a 165 pound class.

The Goatown Phenom will be one of the greats.

Back