Kevin Lee's reaction...

Clear win for Al. One of the judges giving him 4 rounds was stupid though.

I hope judges keep doing that. Stop rewarding the fighter going for desperate sloppy takedowns and don't do anything with it. If you're not working for position or throwing some GNP then you don't get shit.

If you get taken down, the takedown wasn't sloppy. That goes without saying. Taking someone down takes A LOT of skill and should be awarded. But if you can establish control and do damage it should give you a bigger advatange on the scorecards.

When they called a 49-46 he was SO CERTAIN he won. How? Lol

Glad this ignorant racist got served again.

KindlyNarrowFlamingo-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Lee deserves an Oscar for this.

couldnt believe kevin thought he won. His best moments werent even causing much damage. When al was winning, he was pummeling kevin. I actually scored it 49-46 vs Al and trust me, i was pulling for kevin going in.

Kevin's reaction looked like poor acting to me, to be honest.

Dude is always acting. Pretends to be humble but shit-talks each and everyone in his division. Did the same thing with Ferguson, talked mad shit about him before the fight. Same thing with Al.

Clear win for Al. One of the judges giving him 4 rounds was stupid though.
Why? Round 1,3,4,5 is stupid?

Lee did nothing in Rd 3 and held him against the cage and ref could have broken thm up anytime. He did no damage in clinch and actually Al elbowed Lee in the clinch once and Lee hit 0 times

Even Serra said he did no damage so round was AL's

Its very reasonable

I feel for Kevin. He physically morphed from a main event fighter to a prelim fighter in front of eyes as Bruce read out the scores.

He probably thought he won the rounds that he secured takedowns in but there was one where Al got up and fought back. I would say 4+5 are definitely Al since Lee became a kickboxer. I think by the look of Dewey Cooper; he knew his fighter was losing the standup fight. He should have said something and who was the mma coach for the fight?
I always have this thing against Vegas fighters in which they are tough since they spar hard but they aren't technically sound past a certain level.

That post fight interview with Kevin was fucking cringey, he should have just left the cage right away.

His mental game is his weakness imo. Good example of a guy with the physical tools but slips mentally, he is very emotional as well which doesn't help.

When they called a 49-46 he was SO CERTAIN he won. How? Lol
I thought 49-46 was bad and when I heard that, I thought the judges might have screwed it up. But for some reason, I remember hearing in the beginning that one of the judges was Chris Lee, who is notoriously horrendous, and I knew it was just him scoring incorrectly again.

When you're in a fight, you can't judge any of it objectively. Fighters generally have zero sense of who is actually winning, especially when judging strike for strike. But when it comes to grappling, I guess when you ride someone's back for nearly the majority of two rounds, you gotta assume those rounds are guaranteed as long as you don't get knocked down. (They kinda should be) So if he "won 2 guaranteed rounds" and someone says 49-46, it has to be you, no?

Fake shock imo

He knew he got his ass beat

KindlyNarrowFlamingo-size_restricted.gif
BlankHugeErin-size_restricted.gif

Bro did well and did his best but how can really think he won that one. 1st Rd he got lit up a bit, 2nd and 3rd was his but lit the fuck the 4th and 5th.

Don't forget he was in there. It is a bit skewed... ALWAYS.
And if he thought he had 1,2 & 3, then 4th and 5th wouldn't matter.

Don't forget he was in there. It is a bit skewed... ALWAYS.
And if he thought he had 1,2 & 3, then 4th and 5th wouldn't matter.

His corner failed him if they didn't tell him that round 5 was a must win.

In the 10 point must system you can see why Lee thought he had it, considering round 1 was a toss up.

As a fight though, Al didn't just win 3-2, he really won overall and showed he was the better guy in there.

His corner failed him if they didn't tell him that round 5 was a must win.
I agree... but again, it all comes the perception he won rounds 1-3.
If they truly thought so, there was no reason to go all or nothing. it's Hold in there and you win!

I mean just compare to how Serra was screaming ("5 minutes of hell!") which generally translates to "all or nothing"...

Back