Kevin Lee's reaction...

I could see him thinking he won 3 rounds, but when they announced the 49-46 score, there's no way he could've thought he won 4.

Easy 48-47 Iaquinta, and you could even argue 49-46 really. Only clear Lee round was the 2nd.

I agree... but again, it all comes the perception he won rounds 1-3.
If they truly thought so, there was no reason to go all or nothing. it's Hold in there and you win!

I mean just compare to how Serra was screaming ("5 minutes of hell!") which generally translates to "all or nothing"...

In that situation they have to err on the side of caution. The first round was very close and in no way should have been viewed as a given for Lee. Any competent corner should have been able to see that.

And to be fair, I have no idea what his corner told him before sending him out for the 5th. They may have very well told him that it was do or die time as far as I know.

I don't know what it is but I love seeing Kevin Lee being assmad. Might have something to do with how Lee talks about how great he is without actually proving it.
Assmad? Is that the new ashamed?

I could see him thinking he won 3 rounds, but when they announced the 49-46 score, there's no way he could've thought he won 4.

Easy 48-47 Iaquinta, and you could even argue 49-46 really. Only clear Lee round was the 2nd.

I had it 48-47 for Iaquinta but can see 49-46 with round 3 being 10-10 and round 5 being 10-8

KindlyNarrowFlamingo-size_restricted.gif
BlankHugeErin-size_restricted.gif

Bro did well and did his best but how can really think he won that one. 1st Rd he got lit up a bit, 2nd and 3rd was his but lit the fuck the 4th and 5th.

Was a good fight. Seems as if AL is in Lee's head in both fights. I wonder where this'll rank Al and vice versa

I really thought Kevin would show his skill set more but like Kaz said he was getting lit up in the 4th & 5th.

Yeah, I was a little bit surprised at how he thought he won when the decision was read. Al beat him up in the last 2 rounds. Thru the 3rd it was close, but after that. Al took over.

He probably didn't have the most clear picture of how the fight went after being hit to the head that often. I also don't think most fighters are focussing on the bad parts during the fight itself, so I can see how their view can get skewed.

In that situation they have to err on the side of caution. The first round was very close and in no way should have been viewed as a given for Lee. Any competent corner should have been able to see that.

And to be fair, I have no idea what his corner told him before sending him out for the 5th. They may have very well told him that it was do or die time as far as I know.

Yeah, I agree.
But that's the thing, they could have told you that, and Lee might have thought and acted otherwise, thinking he just had to survive round 5.
This will be a good lesson for him, to not count on a victory and fight as if the W depends on his next round always. I am sure he will remember this loss for a long time.

Lee should have known it was imperative to win R5 to make sure he gets the decision in the event there is no finish. Instead Lee was absolutely lit up on the feet and almost KO'd. Iaquinta was the mentally stronger fighter, he went out and won R5 in dominant fashion.

He probably thought he won the rounds that he secured takedowns in but there was one where Al got up and fought back. I would say 4+5 are definitely Al since Lee became a kickboxer. I think by the look of Dewey Cooper; he knew his fighter was losing the standup fight. He should have said something and who was the mma coach for the fight?
I always have this thing against Vegas fighters in which they are tough since they spar hard but they aren't technically sound past a certain level.
Every time I see Dewey cooper in a fighters corner I Say Uh Oh...

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait till he actually watches the fight before judging him. If he still thinks he won, then yeah,.. that's delusion.

I felt a little bad for him. You can see he cares and that it means a lot him.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait till he actually watches the fight before judging him. If he still thinks he won, then yeah,.. that's delusion.
Hell, Iaquinta thought that he won the Khabib fight.

Khabib-And-New.gif

(That was a joke)

Kevin was talking shit all the time and Al said he will make him humble again.
glad that Al won.

Back