Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

So I got sent the wrong rail for the 2nd time. Ordered the Switch and got the rigid rail.
Switch
rail_03.jpg

Rigid
battle-arms-development-rigidrail-mlock-handguard-6-7-bad-rail-6-7-m-by-battle-arms-development-inc-228.jpg

Here it is
20170624_142252_zps4uzct8ot.jpg

20170624_142339_zpserecageq.jpg

20170624_142049_zpsw18aaoai.jpg

20170624_142123_zpsv9gajm0k.jpg

20170624_142142_zps8pvg1uuj.jpg

20170624_142201_zpsjjjhyrqx.jpg

Here it is with the switch I got last time but it was too long.

20170624_134022_zpstwwajmvm.jpg

@Cubo de Sangre or anyone else

what do you think of these two? Idk if I'm liking the triangles in the rigid or the fact is says BAD in bold letters. I get it matches the lower mag well but I'd prefer it to share lines with the upper. There are things I don't love about both the switch and rigid.

Honestly I'm thinking I might just go with a SLR.

http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?...th=66_106_134_136&product_id=711#!prettyPhoto

I'm digging the rigid. That SLR would be fine maybe too. Would need to see it on there to potentially like it better.

I'm digging the rigid. That SLR would be fine maybe too. Would need to see it on there to potentially like it better.

Just never been a fan of triangles in hand guards I guess. Regardless I'm sending it back because the switch is more than the rigid.

@Cubo de Sangre but you'll probably be less jealous. Just not really feeling it. At first I was thinking ehh not bad might go with this instead. Just not a fan of the cuts.

20170624_231650_zpsgs7vrbgm.jpg

20170624_231714_zpsdtrgq3sx.jpg

However handling this is fucking awesome. It's going to be difficult to wait for 1+ years before I can use it. I might see if the Sig brace pdw stock thing fits in this so I can use it in idk winterish.

@Cubo de Sangre but you'll probably be less jealous. Just not really feeling it. At first I was thinking ehh not bad might go with this instead. Just not a fan of the cuts.

20170624_231650_zpsgs7vrbgm.jpg

20170624_231714_zpsdtrgq3sx.jpg

However handling this is fucking awesome. It's going to be difficult to wait for 1+ years before I can use it. I might see if the Sig brace pdw stock thing fits in this so I can use it in idk winterish.

I want this so bad. Can't have SBR's or "assault pistols" in my state. :(

I don't want to like them, but those Spartan lowers are bad ass. I'm digging this one.

Rare-Breed-Helmet-Spartan.jpg

Yeah I keep seeing them in my promotions email folder from Rainier. Looking forward to seeing some cool builds.

Still wouldn't get one, not really my thing. I can appreciate them but don't want to own.

The 9mm Jack is probably the one I'd go for out of all the Sharpes lowers. I see a 9mm as more of just a fun gun to begin with.

Yeah I keep seeing them in my promotions email folder from Rainier. Looking forward to seeing some cool builds.

Still wouldn't get one, not really my thing. I can appreciate them but don't want to own.

The 9mm Jack is probably the one I'd go for out of all the Sharpes lowers. I see a 9mm as more of just a fun gun to begin with.

Can't argue. Fyi, the one I posted is by Rare Breed, not Sharps.

So I'm still fucking agonizing of the color scheme. This is the gun though.

Mr.%20Bones%20pre-ceerakote_zps71hfkviy.jpg

In person it kinda almost doesn't need any cerakoting because I think I've been looking at it too long so it seems right. lol In the picture the white looks much more lonely. Here's my current line of thinking.

White:
  • Upper receiver
  • Handguard
  • Release lever on the stock
  • Magazine (with red dripping down like blood)
  • Safety lever screws
  • Charging handle stem (not sure what it's called, but not the actual handles)
Black (to get a more consistent matching color):
  • Mag release (grind off texture)
  • Safety levers
  • Bolt catch (grind off texture)
  • Rails that attach to the handguard (not pictured)
  • Forward assist (not pictured)

I really wanted to use the LH side-charging upper but that doesn't play well with the ARMS handguard or the rear sight. Since those go with together with the front sight it's a bit of a package deal. This upper is fine. Just not my first choice. Also having to shit-can the bayonet since it doesn't play well with this muzzle device or my backup plan (a Lantac Dragon). It fit over the linear compensator that I liked at first, but this octocomp looks pretty tough and it's adjustable so I should be able to tune it well enough. And let's face it, a bayonet offers only so much use or appeal. I've thought about doing more of the stock white (either the buffer tube part or the bottom part) but I'm just not picturing it.

On a positive note, that ARMS handguard with the rail going over the upper rail (and flush-fitting with the rear sight) is goddamn perfect for The Jack lower. :cool:

Nice thread. I have one completed AR (similar to build #3 from the first post), and a complete lower sitting around. Every night, I swear I hear it wailing to me, "finish me, finish me now!".

Some of the builder's sets from Aero Precision are sweet . . . my sales rep is always sending out tempting offers, but I have only had a few folks interested.

Can't argue. Fyi, the one I posted is by Rare Breed, not Sharps.

So I'm still fucking agonizing of the color scheme. This is the gun though.

Mr.%20Bones%20pre-ceerakote_zps71hfkviy.jpg

In person it kinda almost doesn't need any cerakoting because I think I've been looking at it too long so it seems right. lol In the picture the white looks much more lonely. Here's my current line of thinking.

White:
  • Upper receiver
  • Handguard
  • Release lever on the stock
  • Safety lever screws
  • Charging handle stem (not sure what it's called, but not the actual handles)
Black (to get a more consistent matching color):
  • Mag release (grind off texture)
  • Safety levers
  • Bolt catch (grind off texture)
  • Rails that attach to the handguard (not pictured)
  • Forward assist (not pictured)

I really wanted to use the LH side-charging upper but that doesn't play well with the ARMS handguard or the rear sight. Since those go with together with the front sight it's a bit of a package deal. This upper is fine. Just not my first choice. Also having to shit-can the bayonet since it doesn't play well with this muzzle device or my backup plan (a Lantac Dragon). It fit over the linear compensator that I liked at first, but this octocomp looks pretty tough and it's adjustable so I should be able to tune it well enough. And let's face it, a bayonet offers only so much use or appeal. I've thought about doing more of the stock white (either the buffer tube part or the bottom part) but I'm just not picturing it.

On a positive note, that ARMS handguard with the rail going over the upper rail (and flush-fitting with the rear sight) is goddamn perfect for The Jack lower. :cool:

First Blood

Leave the skull white but dirty it up, add a dark red/maroon/crimson head band(also going down a magazine). Get the rest od green with light black wash. Possibly add a couple black tiger stripes or imperfect stripes( with minor splattering) looking like dripping blood(color more like drying blood that has like dirt/grime on mixed in)

Terminator

Get all the paint stripped to a polished aluminium. Black wash the bare aluminum. Think battle worn bare aluminum, mostly high polish with cracks/crevasses and whatnot black washed. Bright vibrant red eyes (not the entire eye socket). Clear hard coat over all of it.

White Walker or Night King

White with blue/frozen hue, mild blackwash. Blue eyes

02-game-of-throne-wights-1.w1200.h630.jpg

5795551-3925112083-night.gif

Just get the lower painted and leave the skull white.

Go with more of a slight yellow/brown hue to the white with a very mild blackwash and do the entire.

Like this but all over

5741543_orig.jpg

Take it a step further and Fossilize it.

Smilodon_saber-toothed_tiger_skull_%28La_Brea_Asphalt%2C_Upper_Pleistocene%3B_Rancho_La_Brea_tar_pits%2C_southern_California%2C_USA%29_2_%2815443304452%29.jpg

fossilized-skull-of-a-tyrannosaurus-rext-rex-A53P0M.jpg

060908_neanderthal_vmed_2p.grid-4x2.jpg

Back