Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

I go hunting a few times a year, but I have only a basic knowledge of guns. Wouldn't the shooter have racked up a much larger bodycount if he ditched the bump stock, got a series of 60-100 cap mags, and had at it? Or does the bump stock give the user automatic fire without sacrificing accuracy and increasing recoil?

He did have 100 round mags.

Bump fire isn't exactly accurate. You are pulling forward on the gun while it bounces back and forth. He was just spraying imo.

If he had a quality scope sighted in at 400ish and took controlled shots he probably could have had a larger body count, less injured though. If he used an AR10/SR25 it would be even worse.

I haven't seen my distributors go up on Magpul D60s or any other "high capacity" mags . . . one of them went from having over 1300 Franklin BFS Gen 3s in stock to sold out in just over 24 hours last week. I was lucky enough to sell 4 of them. :)

Supposedly I can still back order them at the same price and have them shipped in early November.

According to my salesman Aero Precision sold over 4000 lowers last week. He hinted at lowers going up $20-30 or so each. So I ordered 3 just to have some extras on hand.

Anyone ever handle a Gibbz upper/lower set? I'm debating on getting one.

Anyone ever handle a Gibbz upper/lower set? I'm debating on getting one.

Yeah they are somewhat local to me. Quality seems high, the non reciprocating upper is definitely cool. I really like their 9mm set. I would very much consider getting that set if I was doing a 9mm.

I think @Cubo de Sangre has an upper from them.

Thinking I might get everything but the receivers and get the receivers around BF or Xmas if I see a deal on some.

You got a parts list? Like what you have and what you plan on getting.
All I have is a Rainier Ultramatch barrel and a basic Geissle (I don't think it's an SSA even). I also have a Vortex Viper like 8-24 scope. Might get a set of quick detatch mounts and get a 1-8x scope as well. The 8-24 for bench fun the 1-8 for hunting given I am in the PNW and have to deal with trees.

Outside of receivers this is what I need:

- Lower parts kit
- Ergo Deluxe Grip (I know they're heavy but goddamn do I love them)
- Ops Inc Muzzle Brake (going for a bit of an MK12 clone)
- Midwest Industries 15" free float keymod handguard (my barrel is an 18" one)
- Standard low pro gas block
- LUTH-AR LLC buttstock. Kinda wanted an A2 stock or PRS but both are pretty heavy
- A bipod. Debating Harris or Atlas, open to recommendations on those.

And the basic buffer tube, spring, buffer, and BCG but I'm going to go basic on all those, need some 10 round mags too, would rather not use a 30 given I intend this to be a bench and potential hunting gun. Not going to bother with iron's on this given what I intend to use this for unless someone has a compelling argument to use them on what will be a hunting and bench gun.

I've noticed Rainier, that other company I found last night, and MEGA their receivers all come with most of the lower and upper parts already installed so I may hold off on basic parts kits and have my LGS just go bin diving for them.

Thinking I might get everything but the receivers and get the receivers around BF or Xmas if I see a deal on some.

My Ballistic Advantage salesmen just left me a voicemail about a nice little sale they're kicking off on Monday. Might have some items for you . . . :)

My Ballistic Advantage salesmen just left me a voicemail about a nice little sale they're kicking off on Monday. Might have some items for you . . . :)
OOOOOOOO, and I get paid on Friday but need to pay my truck payment with a hefty chunk of it and throw some cash at my CC bills but we'll see what I have left at that stage.

Will have ~$300 to play with potentially but won't want to tap much more than $200 in case of emergencies obviously.

Also found out my local shop has Anderson and builder lower/upper sets around $400 so might just go with those and ask them to install an ambi bolt release for me to save on cash. Forged vs Billet my understanding the only real difference is wait and prettiness and since I'll be going the Rust Oleum paint route pretty isn't my biggest concern.

Yeah. Have an upper. Top notch quality. Was thinking of picking up a lower so the set matches. Not sure what I want to do though.

I'm trying to figure out what AR10 set I want to use for a 6.5 Creedmoor build . . . might just end up going with an Aero Precision set or a combination of Aero and some other AR10 upper.

I'm trying to figure out what AR10 set I want to use for a 6.5 Creedmoor build . . . might just end up going with an Aero Precision set or a combination of Aero and some other AR10 upper.

Pick whatever's cheap. :cool:

So, I've meant to throw this out there for awhile but I had an AR with a standard BCG and now have one with a Nickel Boron one and frankly the only difference I can tell is it's easier to tell when the NiBo one is dirty because of it's color.

AERO is always a good deal.

That Gibbz set is like $630. Not sure what you can get it for but for that price you could also look at Falkor($619) SLR($479)

I personally think the SLR looks good.
ReceiverSet2-600x600.jpg

20604654_845414128949262_501016881644723980_n.jpg

Are you able to get Razor HD scopes yet?

Goddamn Aero Precision's website is shite... I tried to go to it about 5 minutes ago and it's still fucking loading with nothing showing.

Given I've been looking at AR-10 receivers and decided to probably go with something a little cheaper than MEGA potentially I decided to watch this again and thought some of you would like to see it.

Gotta be honest, I think I will go for an extended mag release and maybe a short throw safety for my AR-10. Other than that and the trigger probably go all standard.

Goddamn Aero Precision's website is shite... I tried to go to it about 5 minutes ago and it's still fucking loading with nothing showing.

It can definitely be slow some days.

AERO is always a good deal.

That Gibbz set is like $630. Not sure what you can get it for but for that price you could also look at Falkor($619) SLR($479)

I personally think the SLR looks good.

Are you able to get Razor HD scopes yet?

I'm still limited on what Vortex items I can get . . . this reminded me to follow up with Rainier Arms and Tactical Link about my dealer accounts. :)

It can definitely be slow some days.
I don't get how PSA sells fully stripped AR-10 lowers but not stripped AR-10 uppers. The lower is like $80 but they suggest using just PA-10 receivers with each other for cosmetic/fit reasons but all their PA-10 uppers have barrels and shit that I don't need.

They came out with the SLR upper and lower after I built my rifle. Would have loved to have it to match my helix handguard.

Back