Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Tax time is here finally time to finish my pistol.

Pdw brace
Geissele mk8
Elftmann see flat Tigger
Holosun optic probably.

P226 classic carry to because I have a thing for sig pistols.

Tax time is here finally time to finish my pistol.

Pdw brace
Geissele mk8
Elftmann see flat Tigger
Holosun optic probably.

P226 classic carry to because I have a thing for sig pistols.

I've sold several Maxim PDW braces . . . and even a few Elftmann triggers. :)

Thank the lord for pistol braces. The ATF ruling has given my state a work around for modern AR style weapons as AOW’s

Getting the SB pdw brace because I'm cheap. Relatively speaking.
What is the difference between the SB brace and the KAK brace? The KAK brace appears to be a lot cheaper and more stock like as far as I can tell. I don't have any experience with any of the AR pistol braces so I'm not sure what the pros and cons of each one are.

Anyone seen any deal on forged plain Jane uppers? Stripped or complete doesn't matter to me.

You guys think it's weird to put a billet upper on a forged lower?

You guys think it's weird to put a billet upper on a forged lower?

Who gives a fuck? You're either satisfied with the match or you aren't. In retrospect I might have more strongly considered buying upper/lower sets just for the continuity of lines and finish. Not really kicking myself over it. Sometimes price is nice.

Here's the basic layout for the "final" build.

Mean Metal Guns Branded Seekins Lower
Gibbz LH Side-Charging Upper
6.8spcII AR15Performance Barrel
Brigand Arms Handguard
Ergo Suregrip
Mission First Tactical Stock

IMG_0053_zpsiwg5ijwy.jpg

IMG_5869_zps9iwaxb3m.jpg

The finish on the upper and lower don't match so I'm planning to cerakote those as well as the stock and buffer tube. Considered some kind of gray but now I'm thinking a jet black that's as close to the finish already on the upper as I can get. Something with a slight shine. No matte, like what the lower is now.

I've never seen a hand guard like that before. If I were trying to build the lightest AR possible that would probably be the one I would choose. From the pictures it looks like it would weight next to nothing.

With all those curves on the lower, the non-uniform coloring of the upper, and the side charge handle it gives the gun a bit of a Mad Max appearance, IMO. I would leave it just like that and forget the cerakote. All AR15s look the same anymore. That one has some character.

I've never seen a hand guard like that before. If I were trying to build the lightest AR possible that would probably be the one I would choose. From the pictures it looks like it would weight next to nothing.

With all those curves on the lower, the non-uniform coloring of the upper, and the side charge handle it gives the gun a bit of a Mad Max appearance, IMO. I would leave it just like that and forget the cerakote. All AR15s look the same anymore. That one has some character.

The handguard is super lightweight. When it arrived from the post office the box felt empty.

Thanks on the Mad Max. Maybe I can work that into a name at some point. Haven't come up with one for that gun yet. I've been staring at the upper/lower set for like a year not knowing what to do about the mismatched finishes. Trust me, I wanna like it as is but just can't. Maybe instead of cerakote I just need the lower finished with the same anodizing as the upper. That would make me happy.

This post aged as well as I thought it would haha.

It's for the "final" build and finishing the skull build.

Although I do wanna change out the lower on my reaper black build to something cooler than an Anderson. :oops:

I'm also thinking of pimping out my CZ P10C.

It's for the "final" build and finishing the skull build.

Although I do wanna change out the lower on my reaper black build to something cooler than an Anderson. :oops:

I'm also thinking of pimping out my CZ P10C.

The building addiction is real

Yall-Got-Any-More-Of-That.jpg

Back