Khabib advice to female fighters:

I don't think that's unfair and I don't think your personal views are unreasonable.

I think I've been (or have tried to be anyway) careful to couch anything I've said about Khabib with "if he feels that way", etc. As humans we do tend to read between the lines and yes I admit to doing it here with Khabib. And I think numerous times I've acknowledged I could be wrong.

Given that this has gotten some attention I would say we may see him expand upon his views if asked. Or...maybe not. Until then I will try not to apply the views of some of the morons here directly to him because you are right, he didn't directly say those things.

Even with what he said (and I know it was a joke) there is at least reason to raise eyebrows though. This female that asked may not be married at all. How would what he said even apply to her if she isn't and there are no kids and thus no "traditional roles" to fill?
I believe he was asked if there was any advice he'd give to female fighters. Obviously his advice wasn't going to be relevant to every one of their individual situations, but he chose that moment to push some traditional family values and make a joke.

His actual beliefs will likely remain a mystery, but I think we're on the same page for the most part.

I believe he was asked if there was any advice he'd give to female fighters. Obviously his advice wasn't going to be relevant to every one of their individual situations, but he chose that moment to push some traditional family values and make a joke.

His actual beliefs will likely remain a mystery, but I think we're on the same page for the most part.

You're right that is how it was worded. I assume it was a female fighter looking for advice for herself but it was worded in general terms.

Staying at home and raising children is a tremendous job, the one that requires a strong woman.
There is nothing humiliating or insulting about it. It's women's natural role.
Plenty of women in the Western societies choose this role willingly, they don't pursue their careers and dedicate themselves to raising children, especially if the man provides enough financially.
I'm sure Dana White's wife doesn't work, Conor's wife doesn't work as well.
But in 21st century, we can't argue whether women should be given a freedom of choice.
If a woman wants to be a professional fighter, she cannot / should not be denied that opportunity regardless of whether we like wmma or not.

Back