Khabib already fought a very bad matchup for him.

Kevin Lee learned how to wrestle in college not MMA

He couldn't take Al down

Watch, Al is going to smash him again

Lee won't be able to TD him and he'll get dropped on the feet just like last time

ur right he didnt improve his wresting these past 4 years

Al Improved as well, probably more because his team is better than Lee's

Al is going to smoke Lee again

Lee can't take Al down, he has a worse chin, heart, striking and cardio

big woop. He took him down and held him, OMG hes so amazing.

Before the fight people were paining him as some insane mauler thats gonna pummel you and beat the pulp out of you. After that fight he was exposed as a pillow fisted chain wrestler with amateur striking. If Al had a full camp for that one he might have won.

Lol this has to be a troll job. At no point did Iaquinta look like he had anything for Khabib. He had two rounds to strike with Khabib and got his face jabbed up and bloodied.

I'm not holding it AGAINST khabib, but it's still important to point out

not even a conor nuthugger, nobodys talking about him so settle down.
Yeah I had no reason to throw that in, that's my bad.

Good fights ahead now that Conor is out of the way. Tony, Kevin...

Thats true

and 1 day Al made khabib look like an amateur. Als preperations were for a striker and Khabibs gameplant stayed the same so dont tell me that Khabib was 1 day notice too. In that fight Khabibs overrated grappling, lack of finishing ability, and amateur striking were exposed

lmao at amateur. what fight did you watch?

Lol this has to be a troll job. At no point did Iaquinta look like he had anything for Khabib. He had two rounds to strike with Khabib and got his face jabbed up and bloodied.
Thats the thing. Al used a very low fight stance to defend the takedowns. The result: getting jabed in the face...
images

Ok, ok. Iaquinta with a full 6-8 weeks training for a wrestling heavy style might just push Khabib's shit in. I'm just saying. The guy literally had less than 24 hours notice before siging to fight Khabib. He was in shape, but was also training for a striker. Considering he probably didn't do much wrestling preparing for the fight he was supposed to be in, I thought he did pretty good.

I agree. I said this as soon as their fight was booked. However, you can't overlook the fact that Al took the fight on 1 day's notice. More importantly, Al was preparing for a pure striker (Felder) in a 3 round fight but instead fought a pure grappler in a 5 round fight. Training for a 5 round fight is entirely different than training for a 3 round fight, and it's likely that Al didn't work much (if any) TDD for that training camp.

Laquinta is a real estate agent. The sort of guy they roll out on Bellator to beat cans that are out of shape

Take this OP cause you're blowing smoke up Khabib for fighting a real estate agent, the guy would probably get put in a toehold off of Ferguson for a laugh and form of humiliation because he's that rubbish <3>

If Al was more active he’d be a top 5 LW for sure, he definitely has the skills to be

Laquinta is a real estate agent. The sort of guy they roll out on Bellator to beat cans that are out of shape

Take this OP cause you're blowing smoke up Khabib for fighting a real estate agent, the guy would probably get put in a toehold off of Ferguson for a laugh and form of humiliation because he's that rubbish <3>
<JagsKiddingMe>

He was 8-1 and on a 5 fight win streak with wins over kevin lee and masvidal.

Sure Al fought Khabib on 1 day's notice, but Khabib also fought Al on 1 day's notice, funny how that's left out. Neither guy specifically trained for each other so it was completely even going in. I don't buy this crap of oh he only trained for a 3 round fight, LOL, you expect me to believe 3 round fighters don't push themselves in the gym to go beyond that? Sonnen claims Khabib trained 90 minutes straight and yet mostly ever fought 3 round fights at the time.

Al did have a full camp.

He trained 3 months for Felder
Khabib trained 3 months for Ferguson

both had full camps but were at the same disadvantage of not preparing for eachother

Back