Khabib already fought a very bad matchup for him.

Thats true

and 1 day Al made khabib look like an amateur. Als preperations were for a striker and Khabibs gameplant stayed the same so dont tell me that Khabib was 1 day notice too. In that fight Khabibs overrated grappling, lack of finishing ability, and amateur striking were exposed

Lol..Al's performance was so good that people are shitting on Khabib although Khabib absolutely dominated the fight with a score 50-44,50-43,50-43.

Sure Al fought Khabib on 1 day's notice, but Khabib also fought Al on 1 day's notice, funny how that's left out. Neither guy specifically trained for each other so it was completely even going in. I don't buy this crap of oh he only trained for a 3 round fight, LOL, you expect me to believe 3 round fighters don't push themselves in the gym to go beyond that? Sonnen claims Khabib trained 90 minutes straight and yet mostly ever fought 3 round fights at the time.

This

Where my Cabo Diaz and 10 day mini Mendes at

Tony and Max both fucked up so it's hard to hold any of that against the Khabib

Nobody holds it against Khabib, but lets not hyperbole this win, Al trained for a 3 round fight against a pure striker.

How would Tony F. Do against Khabib spending his training camp sparring with K-1 guys???

It was a good replacement bout, respect to Khabib for accepting it, respect to Al for taking it and not rolling over. But lets not pretend that Al didn't have a giant handicap coming in

To be fair, Iaquinta was preparing for a striker.
Diaz wasn't preparing for anyone and beat Conor at UFC 196. With a full training camp preparing for Conor he lost the rematch. Training camps are overrated.

Thats true

and 1 day Al made khabib look like an amateur. Als preperations were for a striker and Khabibs gameplant stayed the same so dont tell me that Khabib was 1 day notice too. In that fight Khabibs overrated grappling, lack of finishing ability, and amateur striking were exposed

Can can you make anyone look like an amateur by losing 50-43? Is this even possible?

Sorry but his community college wrestling isnt actually that impressive. He was not a standout. A decorated NCAA wrestler like Gillespie would be a real test for Khabib.

Good enough to outwrestle Kevin Lee?

big woop. He took him down and held him, OMG hes so amazing.

Before the fight people were paining him as some insane mauler thats gonna pummel you and beat the pulp out of you. After that fight he was exposed as a pillow fisted chain wrestler with amateur striking. If Al had a full camp for that one he might have won.

So did Khabib had a full camp to fight him as well? Same disadvantage. How can anybody be exposed by winning 50-43? Huh?
If you are saying that he didn't look as dominant as in other fights, well yeah, that's my point, he is a bad match-up so yeah, and still won 50-43. Impressive.

dude Al was 1 day notice. He was preparing for a standup war with Feldor. I doubt he did any wrestling that camp. Also Kevin Lee is alot better now than he was back then.

Im not a Khabib hater, I was impressed with how much his strikin had improved this last fight but still hes very over rated

Who does he need to beat to be not overrated? Tony?

Ok, ok. Iaquinta with a full 6-8 weeks training for a wrestling heavy style might just push Khabib's shit in. I'm just saying. The guy literally had less than 24 hours notice before siging to fight Khabib. He was in shape, but was also training for a striker. Considering he probably didn't do much wrestling preparing for the fight he was supposed to be in, I thought he did pretty good.

Khabib had less than 24 hours notice before signing to fight laquinta.

Nobody holds it against Khabib, but lets not hyperbole this win, Al trained for a 3 round fight against a pure striker.

How would Tony F. Do against Khabib spending his training camp sparring with K-1 guys???

It was a good replacement bout, respect to Khabib for accepting it, respect to Al for taking it and not rolling over. But lets not pretend that Al didn't have a giant handicap coming in

Tony and laquinta are to very different fighters. Khabib was training to fight Tony, so why you don't consider that a disadvantage as well?

images

The guy who made Khabib look like an amateur lol

That was an easy fight for Khabib and not a bad matchup at all lol it was easier then the Conor fight, Al didnt win a single round. I mean look at the state of him vs Conor's face 1 day after the fight <45>

maxresdefault.jpg

ccc.jpg

Sorry can't really give you a real opinion about Gillespie until i see him fight better competition.

On paper he's one of the few guys who can deal with Khabib's wrestling. I'm not sold on Kevin Lee. He can barely make weight and has gassed before.

Tony and laquinta are to very different fighters. Khabib was training to fight Tony, so why you don't consider that a disadvantage as well?

Shit heads like you are what ruin sherdog.

I'll break down the obvious for you.

1st off Khabib > Felder/Tony>Al

Al took a harder fight on 24 hours notice while Khabib took an easier fight on 24 hours notice.

Lets continue stating the fucking obvious

Al spent a training camp preparing for a striker and got the complete opposite, his game plan took a 180.

Khabib spent an entire training camp preparing to take a guy down and pummel him, His gameplan not only remained the same, but now faced an opponent who spent an entire camp not practicing a single TDD. How you can't comprehend that is beyond me.

Here's 1 more for you

Khabib trained for a 5 round fight

Al prepared for a 5 round fight, by preparing for a 3 round fight, even if you stupidly believe fighters dont put an extra emphasis on cardio for 5 rounders, they do train differently in practicing how to concerve their energy.

I gave you 3 obvious examples of how Khabib had major advantages going in.

Please show me where Al held any advantage over Khabib taking the bout om short notice?

I would bet on Al if he fought Conor. Don't sleep on the real estate agent.

Shit heads like you are what ruin sherdog.

I'll break down the obvious for you.

1st off Khabib > Felder/Tony>Al

Al took a harder fight on 24 hours notice while Khabib took an easier fight on 24 hours notice.

Lets continue stating the fucking obvious

Al spent a training camp preparing for a striker and got the complete opposite, his game plan took a 180.

Khabib spent an entire training camp preparing to take a guy down and pummel him, His gameplan not only remained the same, but now faced an opponent who spent an entire camp not practicing a single TDD. How you can't comprehend that is beyond me.

Here's 1 more for you

Khabib trained for a 5 round fight

Al prepared for a 5 round fight, by preparing for a 3 round fight, even if you stupidly believe fighters dont put an extra emphasis on cardio for 5 rounders, they do train differently in practicing how to concerve their energy.

I gave you 3 obvious examples of how Khabib had major advantages going in.

Please show me where Al held any advantage over Khabib taking the bout om short notice?

Who cares if Tony is better than Felder? Or who was fighting a tougher opponent? We are talking about two fighters training to fight two completely different fighters, that’s the point and that’s the disadvantage we are talking about. We are talking about styles not who’s above in rankings. Even if that’s the case, champions don’t just go and push harder when fighter a better opponent, you can ask any champion and they will all answer you the same thing: They train equally harder for any opponent, and they don’t underestimate nobody. This is the real champion mindset.

Dude who gives a shit if he didn’t practice TDD or whatever??? Khabib also didn’t train for whatever tools that Iaquinta can bring, I’m not an expert but I’m know using common sense that there are specific for trainings for different opponents. How the f* do you know that Khabib gameplan and preparation was just to take Tony down? WOW, conspiracy now? LOL what a shameful argument.

Regarding the 5 round fight yes, that’s another aspect on the training strategy, fighter push themselves beyond 5 rounds for sure, Khabib training (according to Mendes) didn’t train from 3 rounds match to 5 rounds match, he always push himself at Max.

What’s more stupid is you not admitting that Khabib also had a disadvantage by taking that fight.

Al is underrated as fuck. Fully expect him, to ko Lee.

Back