Media Khabib Already Has His Legacy Now We Want The Money- Team Khabib

I was listening to Luke Thomas's Sirius show a week about and he mentioned years ago he was at a bar at the Hotel everyone was staying at and some UFC suite was there. they were talking about fighter pay and the guy basically told him the biggest fear from Zuffa brass had with giving out larger pay days was that fighters would be less inclined to fight which Luke initially thought was a bullshit answer when he heard it.

But looking back now there is just too much evidence that from a fan's perspective the worst thing you see is when a fighters pay just skyrockets. Nick Diaz use to fight a lot his last 2 fights(GSP and Silva) were his pay days and that was all she wrote. Nate is the same deal....he's on the longest break of his career by far and he's playing hard ball all of the time. Now that Conor's fight schedule has been the most relax of his career with 1 boxing fight in 2017 and 1 mma fight in 2018. Khabib gets his pay da¥ finally and it's just constant bullshit about either fighting Mayweather or demanding 50 million.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10...manager-says-they-want-50m-for-his-next-fight

For his headlining role at UFC 229, McGregor made $3M in base pay but was rumored to have pulled in upwards of $50M after receiving a percentage of the Pay-Per-View sales. Nurmagomedov had a base salary of $2M and will have also received a cut of the PPV, though likely considerably less than McGregor. That was before Khabib throttled McGregor. Now that “The Eagle” has been victorious and become an international star, Abdelaziz says he deserves to be making the same kind of money, even if that means they have to rematch McGregor next.

“Listen, the guy we just fought said he made $50M,” Abdelaziz said. “I think, as a global superstar, Khabib bypass him. You have a guy meeting with Putin and Erdoğan and the other guy selling liquor on the corner store. It’s not even in the f**king same planet. Good for him. Whatever. It’s none of our business, he do what he does. We try to go to Africa, we try to do different things. It’s not even close.

“At the end of the day, maybe a whole bunch of money gets on the table, maybe the rematch. I don’t know. Maybe we’ll give a rematch to the guy we just killed. . . Whatever’s gonna bring Khabib money. This is now my job. It’s not Khabib’s job. Khabib created legacy, 11 years, 27 fights. Right now, money talks, bulls**t walks. That’s it.”

Solution:

Give Khabib same % of profit McGregor made, then put him on a card with all wmma and see how well he sells

What Ali doesn't realize is that Conor's PPV cut is based on how many views he averages. Which has been clear of 1-2.5 million consistently. Khabib's highest PPVs were what before Conor? He should honestly want the Tony or GSP fight because it ensures another 1 mil PPV event. Tony makes all the sense since Khabib will outweight him by 40 pounds.

And all this talk from Khabib/Ali after are making them even more unlikable.

Khabib or his manager doesn't get a pass for talking shit on the internet. Chat shit - get smacked.

If Abdelaziz is a bad negotiator then Khabib should fire him.
You're the consultant - did you negotiate through twitter. I'm no consultant but any deals I've put together were done face-to-face. Maybe the fight game is different, I can't really recall any other entertainer or sports stars agent naming his price out into the void of the internet and expecting his counterpart to pick it up.

So no, this is not negotiating it's "entertainment" and "generating interest" and, since that's all it is, were are absolutely entitled to laugh at ridiculous bullshit.

Khabib nuthuggers can't have their cake and eat it. He's either a badass who fights for honour and legacy or he is a Conor style douchebro waving his fat stacks around.

You stated....."So, no, this is not negotiating it's "entertainment" and "generating interest""

In the entertainment industry, "generating interest" or "increasing interest" is absolutely vital to negotiations. I did not negotiate on twitter. However, if I was in the business of handling ufc fighters, I would absolutely use twitter, facebook, any social medium to build on the interest for my client. If you look at anyone in the public eye, I can promise you their advocates are using every social facet when it is beneficial.

His manager is not putting a "price in the void of the internet". In the industry it's called a "feeler" and that is what he is putting out. Its just his way of telling the UFC what he believes is the price of his client and more importantly, making the public as a whole to believe khabib is worth 50 mil. A portion of the public and media will see that and it may ingrain khabibs high value in their minds. Both the UFC and his manager know its bullshit, however that is the dance they play. Ufc will offer something really low when they do negotiate for real. Then it goes back and forth until a consensus is reached.

And I do not understand why you cannot ask for the highest price and be a "legacy" fighter. Again, they are not mutually exclusive.

How's it feel to want Ali? I will grant you that Khabib gets a lot of promotional rub for beating Conor, but I'm very skeptical that giving him 50 million is a wise business decision on the part of the UFC. Conor's take is based on his status as a proven draw. I don't think Khabib is on his level in that regard yet.

When Khabib starts to get paraded around for promotional tours and events, THEN he'll know the negatives of stardom. But if he's content taking the DJ route and keep demanding his money, then let's trade him to Bellator for Fedor and Rory.

Didn't want to flood with new topics

It appears that we might see him suspended for a long time says he wont go to vegas for the hearing

Anyone with a better understanding can you shed light how this might effect his career?

"I just defended my family and my religion."

Conor was one promo + good punch from ending Islam.

Typically any promoting manager would discuss the decisions with the clients in order to keep their job. But the manager should be the source of decisions becuase he/she is more skilled at getting the best deal for the client.

In short it would be very strange for Khabib to have a different plan.

Lol, so you think khabib is sitting around waiting for 100 million dollar pay days?

@FrankieNYC - Do you think you pay him that amount? Is that amount only justified with Conor?
will Tony vs Khabib demand the same amount? Even GSP vs Khabib?

No chance
Conor did not make that for #229
Conor said he would IF the PPV did 3.5m buys

UFC would need to do about 1.35m buys to break even (if they paid $50m)

Last edited:
lol the tears here.

It is degrading as fuck for fighters to watch Conor get paid 20x more than the rest of the roster who gets paid a peanut.

It’s time to demand for equality bitches.
They aren’t equal in terms of what they bring to the table and thusly aren’t paid equally.

Ali should do what he can to get Khabib the best possible deal. Nothing wrong with that.

Ali living vicariously through his fighters, again.

"the guy WE just killed"

yeah Ali, you definitely put mcgregor in his place with your tweets.

This is my last response to you since you insist on name calling, making things up and just being hateful. OSN is not subscribed to by the bulk of people living in these countries, think HBO/Showtime subscribers in the US, most people pass on it.
Still not a PPV.

This whole thing feels like reaching the halfway point of Rocky III. Maybe Conor's jumping rope in a basement somewhere with Nate.

What legacy. His entire legacy is defined by one fight and the drama that followed. Unless you count beating Al Iaquinta is establishing legacy. Can't believe you dummies are buying into Aziz's words.

He's got an opportunity to become one of the best but don't put the cart before the horse. There ire plenty of guys on the roster right this second with similar and better streaks going against top competition. He got his title from no.11 and defended it against a guy with a 2 year layoff. Hardly even close to a legacy in the grander picture.
I get what you're saying. Dustin and ferguson are up there too atm, their streaks are fire. But you can't deny name recognition, and conor is a huge win. Being the champ certainly helps too.

Back