Khabib already overlooking Conor and looking forward to fight GSP

kabob, can we just call him bob?

it would go over better in the good old usa.

he seems a little full of himself but so does conor.

difference is connor been there and done that.

its not his first rodeo. this is the first time for bob.

well technically it would be his 4th but the other 3 didn't happen for some reason. {<diva}

He already said after conor fight was announced that tony was the next fight and one he actually wanted. Both 11-0 in the ufc if they win, so it makes sense. Of course he would fight gps if ufc wanted him to, but its not up to him really. Hes not looking past conor, he just believes he will win.. Like all fighters should.

Eddie though the same and was astonished as to why people hadn't tried taking him down before. He was going to make it look easy and everybody would be like "Was that it?" Then supposedly he changed his game plan for no apparent reason.
"santa clause isn't real" says alvarez before getting not just beat, but humiliated

Conor has faced Mendes, Aldo, Diaz at 170, and Alvarez. All of these guys are tougher than anyone Khabib has fought in his entire career

Khabib has faced Barboza, Michael (2-5 in his last 7 and 1-1 at FW) Johnson, and Raging Al (I am a realtor who trained for a 3 round fight and have fought once in the last 3 years vs Diego Sanchez) Iaquinta

I didn't mention Conors fights vs Holloway or Porier because those fights are just far too old

All these people hyped on Khabib are just taking things way too far. He has been crushing cans. Yes he is a bad match up for Conor and is elite at his specialization. But make no mistake about it, he hasn't beaten up any title contenders or even faced a bad style match up since he fought Gleison who's also not a title contender his entire career. He failed to take Gleison down. He got takedowns stuffed vs raging Al in the later rounds. People acting like Khabib has been destroying everything they can possibly put in front of him are delusional. He's going to have a huge problem on his hands to say the least. Conor is a good style match up but he is also a massive step up in competition. Khabib has never even faced a legit contender never mind a two division champ.

(timestamped)

"Me versis Conir .. it's more meydia, more money fight, you know like pay per view sales. Me versis GSP is pay per view fight too. About me versis Conir, okey, I gana take him down and beat him end of ferst round. What pepole gana sey ? They gana sey : okey, if fight stand up, Conir gana beat thim. Of corse, everyone know khabib wrestling is better.

Me versis GSP: they gana say. I don't know. Nobody knows" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

GSP would merc Khabib.

Jab, jab, jab.

the mma landscape should be interesting in a month when Khabib is demolished

I know the UFC is saying the fight is made and running promos. We've seen them claim fights were made as a way to pressure negotiations when fights ARE NOT made.

Conor STILL hasn't said he's fighting Khabib to anyone, has he?

Do we have reason, beyond the UFC's claims, to believe this?

I know it's a sad state of affairs but I don't think the UFC claiming a fight is made can be taken as evidence that that fight is made. I would need to hear both fighters corroborate their story. UFC is a storytelling org these days.

Any evidence Conor has signed a bout agreement?

Lmao, "past his prime".
Did you watch his last fight? He looked slow. Michael Bisping is a good fighter, but he'll never go down as some type of all-time great. He almost got knocked out by a washed up Dan Henderson, who had spent the last 3 years getting his ass kicked by pretty much everyone he faced. Beating Bisping is impressive, but let's not say that any professional athlete (outside of an NFL QB, maybe) reaches his athletic prime past the age of 33 or 34.

Last edited:
Did you watch his last fight? He looked slow. Michael Bisping is a good fighter, but he'll never go down as some type of all-time great. He always got knocked out by a washed up Dan Henderson, who had spent the last 3 years getting his ass kicked by pretty much everyone he faced. Beating Bisping is impressive, but let's not say that any professional athlete (outside of an NFL QB, maybe) reaches his athletic prime past the age of 33 or 34.

Because he was bloated to 220 lbs? He's never been that fast anyways. Bisping is solid fighter who gets underrated here by most, I agree. It's a solid win, but he never should've been champion for GSP to win that belt. GSP knew this, that's why he came back, and that's why he dropped it instead of fighting anyone else in the division. Now he's looking to somehow try and cut to 155 and steal a belt there too. He's look for easy fights that pad his record. It's undeniable fact.

And why are you comparing NFL athletes to MMA fighters? I'm not saying GSP is in his physical prime, but that doesn't mean we are seeing the worse version of GSP we've ever seen. Fighters get better. MMA is still evolving and undeveloped, and a 40 year old guy is going to be better than his 25 year old self. Whether that's good enough to compete against younger guys who are around the same level of skill remains to be seen. I know it's true for Tyron though. They're the same age, and Tyron just keeps getting better. Enough with the excuses already. There is no reason for him to avoid that fight.

Because he was bloated to 220 lbs? He's never been that fast anyways. Bisping is solid fighter who gets underrated here by most, I agree. It's a solid win, but he never should've been champion for GSP to win that belt. GSP knew this, that's why he came back, and that's why he dropped it instead of fighting anyone else in the division. Now he's looking to somehow try and cut to 155 and steal a belt there too. He's look for easy fights that pad his record. It's undeniable fact.

And why are you comparing NFL athletes to MMA fighters? I'm not saying GSP is in his physical prime, but that doesn't mean we are seeing the worse version of GSP we've ever seen. Fighters get better. MMA is still evolving and undeveloped, and a 40 year old guy is going to be better than his 25 year old self. Whether that's good enough to compete against younger guys who are around the same level of skill remains to be seen. I know it's true for Tyron though. They're the same age, and Tyron just keeps getting better. Enough with the excuses already. There is no reason for him to avoid that fight.
220lbs? Where the fuck did you get that? GSP himself said he couldn't keep his weight up near 200, and that he weighed 190.5lbs on fight night.
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/11/10...f-bisping-fight-middleweight-disaster-ufc-217

Woodley and GSP may be close in age, but Woodley only started fighting in 2009. GSP started fighting professionally back in 2002.

If you can't see that GSP didn't look good against either Hendricks or Bisping, or at least anywhere near as good as he had looked earlier in his career (against Koscheck, Serra II, Penn II, Fitch, Alves, etc.), then I don't know what to tell you.

220lbs? Where the fuck did you get that? GSP himself said he couldn't keep his weight up near 200, and that he weighed 190.5lbs on fight night.
https://www.mmamania.com/2017/11/10...f-bisping-fight-middleweight-disaster-ufc-217

Woodley and GSP may be close in age, but Woodley only started fighting in 2009. GSP started fighting professionally back in 2002.

If you can't see that GSP didn't look good against either Hendricks or Bisping, or at least anywhere near as good as he had looked earlier in his career (against Koscheck, Serra II, Penn II, Fitch, Alves, etc.), then I don't know what to tell you.

Tyron's been fighting his whole life. Maybe you can try another excuse. GSP was huge. He was massive. He wasn't 190. He was bigger than Bisping. He looked awful to be honest.

I know the UFC is saying the fight is made and running promos. We've seen them claim fights were made as a way to pressure negotiations when fights ARE NOT made.

Conor STILL hasn't said he's fighting Khabib to anyone, has he?

Do we have reason, beyond the UFC's claims, to believe this?

I know it's a sad state of affairs but I don't think the UFC claiming a fight is made can be taken as evidence that that fight is made. I would need to hear both fighters corroborate their story. UFC is a storytelling org these days.

Any evidence Conor has signed a bout agreement?
WTf sort of bullshit nonsense is this?

WTf sort of bullshit nonsense is this?
It's a whole other thread of bs by now. To clarify, I'm not doubting the fight will be signed or will be on that date. I'm not doubting they have verbal commitments from Conor and paperwork from Khabib.

I am doubting it's signed and Conor's paperwork is already in, because I think he's still negotiating pay. If you want to insult me take it to that thread so we can keep it contained pls. No need to make this thread about it too.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...f-a-signed-bout-agreement-from-conor.3824291/

Thx

It's a whole other thread of bs by now. To clarify, I'm not doubting the fight will be signed or will be on that date. I'm not doubting they have verbal commitments from Conor and paperwork from Khabib.

I am doubting it's signed and Conor's paperwork is already in, because I think he's still negotiating pay. If you want to insult me take it to that thread so we can keep it contained pls. No need to make this thread about it too.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/h...f-a-signed-bout-agreement-from-conor.3824291/

Thx
I don't understand why you would think Khabib signed and Conor didn't, was something said by Dana or either of the camps ?

How exactly does Khabib beat GSP? Take him down? that would be a first especially at 155. Standup? he has no standup.

I don't understand why you would think Khabib signed and Conor didn't, was something said by Dana or either of the camps ?
No, but it's just my suspicion since Conor seems to be in negotiating mode. He's seemingly playing hardball in not saying anything about it and not promoting and that suggests to me he's still negotiating pay. I think if pay was settled he'd be all over promotion to build up the PPV. I just suspect, given his behaviour, he's holding out on promotion for some reason and knowing him I'm almost sure it's $"

I know he's been trying to get a new deal at a rate the UFC doesn't want to pay. He seems like he's still holding out so I suspect they haven't come to terms on $ amount.

Just my suspicion. No evidence. I believe once the $ amount is signed we'll see him start building up his payday by promoting it.

Back