Khabib & Cucuy going OFF on each other at todays presser

ferguson doesn't have any rhythm either. he gets beat up and gets away with it because of his stamina and recovery.
I agree. It blows my mind that Ferguson has been as successful as he has. He looks awkward and uncoordinated to me, like Keith Jardine or something.

"Best year we've ever had"

Lol because Conor made you guys a fuckton of money outside of the sport. The ppv numbers, and for the most part, the cards have been lackluster. Dana also told me Showtime was lying about the Mayweather numbers.

You think I am going to change my mind, because you presented numbers that you assume will shock me? LOL

The numbers suggests that Anthony Johnson is better at getting the takedown (in an MMA fight) compared to Daniel Cormier.

However, Daniel Cormier has attempted more takedowns than Rumble Johnson (38 vs 33), so we need to do inferential statistics to determine whether or not the difference in success is statistically significant.

Conclusion, from a descriptive statistical analysis, it looks like Anthony Johnson is better at takedowns than Daniel Cormier. However, we have have to be careful about how much can be inferred from these numbers, until we do some inferential statistics.

So, we can say that Anthony Johnson is better at getting the takedown than Daniel Cormier, based on his better rate of success compared to Daniel Cormier. Based on the best available evidence (the evidence can be weak or strong, and in this specific case, it is weak, but better than nothing).

To say that Daniel Cormier is better at getting the takedown than Anthony Johnson is NOT supported by any objective evidence (no matter how weak of strong).

More logic, statistics, science and emotional intelligence will make the world a better place. Basing one's world view on superficial optics and emotions is the root of all evil.

You are a virgin whose struck out with every woman. % you have fucked...0%

Nuff said . Go outside dweeb

"Couldn't even finish Edson".

1) Edson is more improved now than he was.
2) Tony was getting handled for the vast majority of the fight.
3) Khabib's win was more dominant.

I like Tony but he comes out with some crazy shit.

"I'd ankle-pick you bro" Tony to Werdum.

None of those percentages really mean anything. Context is thrown completley out the window.
Although weak, it is the best evidence we have, and surely better than "to my eyes, Conor is so accurate" evidence. LOL

Context is not thrown out the window. Fighter A throws a punch, Fighter B ducks, thus, one punch avoided by Fighter B. Pretty simple, valid and reliable way of counting punches landed, missed and avoided.

MMA fighters are allowed to strike a grounded opponent. So, if Fighter A takes down Fighter B and smashes him on the ground, it should rightfully be counted towards Fighter A's striking accuracy, because it is part of the MMA game.

The numbers don't tell the whole story, but they are an objective part of the story, thus very important criteria when judging fighters. So, you have to watch the tape and compare then to the numbers.

My one issue with Tony is that he's cocky and brings that in the cage with him. He underestimates his opponents and ends up in sticky situations because of it. If Khabib can keep pace with him then Tony needs to hunker down and not do unnecessary shit.
I don't think so he's just so tough and and conditionthat nomatter what position he's in he's either tiring you out or dealing equal damage ti you.

We saw that against Lee where he was taking GnP but he hit back with elbows from the bottom. Then he came out in Round 2 at 100% and took the fight.

I don't think so he's just so tough and and conditionthat nomatter what position he's in he's either tiring you out or dealing equal damage ti you.

We saw that against Lee where he was taking GnP but he hit back with elbows from the bottom. Then he came out in Round 2 at 100% and took the fight.
Which is fine because it worked out and he could keep Kevin in guard but he treated him with no respect. It's a risky game to play at the top is all I'm saying. Khabib is a different animal and he needs to make sure he doesn't underestimate him.

Although weak, it is the best evidence we have, and surely better than "to my eyes, Conor is so accurate" evidence. LOL

Context is not thrown out the window. Fighter A throws a punch, Fighter B ducks, thus, one punch avoided by Fighter B. Pretty simple, valid and reliable way of counting punches landed, missed and avoided.

MMA fighters are allowed to strike a grounded opponent. So, if Fighter A takes down Fighter B and smashes him on the ground, it should rightfully be counted towards Fighter A's striking accuracy, because it is part of the MMA game.

The numbers don't tell the whole story, but they are an objective part of the story, thus very important criteria when judging fighters. So, you have to watch the tape and compare then to the numbers.
It cant be used by itself,but yes part of the whole.

LOL

Khabib is going to rag doll Tony.
Tony sounds like a middle school kid talking Crap....its so bad

You think I am going to change my mind, because you presented numbers that you assume will shock me? LOL

The numbers suggests that Anthony Johnson is better at getting the takedown (in an MMA fight) compared to Daniel Cormier.

However, Daniel Cormier has attempted more takedowns than Rumble Johnson (38 vs 33), so we need to do inferential statistics to determine whether or not the difference in success is statistically significant.

Conclusion, from a descriptive statistical analysis, it looks like Anthony Johnson is better at takedowns than Daniel Cormier. However, we have have to be careful about how much can be inferred from these numbers, until we do some inferential statistics.

So, we can say that Anthony Johnson is better at getting the takedown than Daniel Cormier, based on his better rate of success compared to Daniel Cormier. Based on the best available evidence (the evidence can be weak or strong, and in this specific case, it is weak, but better than nothing).

To say that Daniel Cormier is better at getting the takedown than Anthony Johnson is NOT supported by any objective evidence (no matter how weak of strong).

More logic, statistics, science and emotional intelligence will make the world a better place. Basing one's world view on superficial optics and emotions is the root of all evil.

You cannot say Anthony Johnson is better at take-downs.

You can say that when Anthony Johnson attempts a take-down, he is more likely to get it.

One possible factor is that Johnson only attempts take-downs when opportunity arises, while Cormier attempts them even when opportunity is poor. This is one of many possible factors that have not been considered.

Virtually no data has been presented to prove that the quality of his take-down attempts is higher.

Last edited:
This fight is massive, still can't believe it's happening. They're both probably extra wound up since this like the 14th time they've tried to have this fight. But seriously, he called him fat? Weak lol.

That wasn't that good or good at all but these are great fights to make, can't wait.

Tony catches Khabib's cocky ass in a darce or guillotine.

Khabib has shown the exact same game plan since he started the sport, that's the ideal opponent for Tony, who just has to pick his moment correctly.

I can barely watch Tony. If he ever sat beside me for a beer, I would buy the beer so long as he moves down a few seats... And does not talk, or look.

Back